• Early solo (88-97)
  • Recent solo (04-08 including AYNIM)
  • Brand new, unreleased songs.

Assuming 20 songs; I'd like;
7 Smiths,
7 'early solo'
3 'recent solo'
and three brand new ones...

Re: How many songs from the different eras would you like Moz to play on the summer t

5 Smiths songs
6 early solo
6 recent solo
4 new songs

Re: How many songs from the different eras would you like Moz to play on the summer t

4 early solo. 4 mid-solo. 10 post-Y2K solo songs. 1 cover. 2 perverse solo B-sides. 2 new songs. 1 lime. Stir.

As many new ones as possible and the rest solo b-sides.

all early solo + all you need is me and i know it's over. I know that wont happen. But it's still the setlist of my dreams :p

He should be crucified if he continues to blackball Kill Uncle.

4 early solo. 4 mid-solo. 10 post-Y2K solo songs. 1 cover. 2 perverse solo B-sides. 2 new songs. 1 lime. Stir.

I want him to play 2 limes please. :) kthx.

He should be crucified if he continues to blackball Kill Uncle.

sans the crucified part I actually, for once in my life, agree with you? :eek: Bring back Kill Uncle!

For simplicity's sake, I suggest four eras. To wit;
  • Smiths
  • Early solo (88-97)

• 10 Smiths
    5 Early solo
    3 Recent solo
    2 Brand new, unreleased songs.

Not a chance of this happening I know but nice to dream.

sans the crucified part I actually, for once in my life, agree with you? :eek: Bring back Kill Uncle!

Of course I am kidding about that. One Messiah on a cross is enough.

* 5 Smiths
* 8 early Solo
* 3 recent Solo
* 4 brandnew

7 Smiths songs, 7 early solo songs, three recent songs, and three new ones plzz.

30 songs....Just give us our money's worth. If The Cure can play for 3 hours,. Morrissey can play for Two.

I feel this question gives him too much latitude. I would need to choose the whole set list.

For simplicity's sake, I suggest four eras. To wit;
  • Smiths
  • Early solo (88-97)

Assuming 20 songs; I'd like;
7 Smiths,
7 'early solo'
3 'recent solo'
and three brand new ones...

Well in the end, we got 21 songs. Excluding the cover version, we got;
6 Smiths
3 early solo
7 recent solo
4 brand new ones (unreleased altho heard on last tour).

All in all, guess I'm slightly disappointed. Pleased with the Smiths tally (can't wait to hear Vicar and Ask) but too many 'recent solo'. This confirms the somewhat depressing Moz view that Quarry and ROTT contain his best songs. Was hoping he'd have ditched 'Grow Up'.
Surprised we didn't get any songs off the new album that he hasn't played before. We don't want to be bombarded by brand new stuff but would be great to hear one or two. Maybe Mama, Skull, Paris and Goodbye are the very best songs on the new album.
Moz usually plays it fairly safe on the first night of the tour. With any luck, there will be a fair few changes by the Hyde Park concert...

Last edited:

I really dont understand why people wanna hear brand new unreleased songs live. I like to go to a concert, any concert, not just Morrissey, to hear songs I know and can sing along to. songs i can think "wow, this is so awesome hearing this song live." hearing new songs bores me. sorry. i rather know the song before I hear it live. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom