How much will these cancellations cost you?

grlmopz

It's funny. I never seem to learn with Morrissey.

Boca Raton and Orlando will be my 6th and 7th cancelled shows (out of about 70 attended).

I've booked a flight ($208.20) and a non-refundable hotel via Priceline ($140.00). Additionally, I'm sure that LiveNation and TicketMaster won't refund their "convenience" fees.

I guess that means I'm out about $370! Yay, Morrissey.

$216.50 to change flight from FL to NC. Ticketbastrd keeps $4.50 for aech tickets and refunds the rest. Will need rental car and hotels now since was staying with family in FL, so who knows...Typical Moz, Typical Moz, Typical Moz.

It costs me a life-time. The $150 bucks for the pair is nothing when compared to the fact that every time i had the chance something went wrong. I am 50 and Canadian, and whit Moz not coming to Canada I thought this quaint Buffalo show was my big chance. People need to tell me to hold on to hope.

Nothing.......yet! Another week of layoffs and I'll be out bad, on hotels alone. Or, more accurately put, wandering around the Carolinas wondering what the hell just happened!:squiffy:

The loss of money is incredibly annoying, but I'm doubly frustrated because this will break my string of going to the first shows of each tour. I haven't missed one since Kill Uncle.

I'd come down to Myrtle Beach, but I'll be in the Galapagos Islands (a trade-off I'm happy to make!) :)

It costs me a life-time. The $150 bucks for the pair is nothing when compared to the fact that every time i had the chance something went wrong. I am 50 and Canadian, and whit Moz not coming to Canada I thought this quaint Buffalo show was my big chance. People need to tell me to hold on to hope.

Aww, you poor thing. Don't get all twisted up in knots before anything has even been announced.

It's funny how, with everything going on in the world, a cancelled Morrissey show is still such cause for anxiety/dread to an otherwise rational adult :rolleyes:. I can't believe how depressed I got when he cancelled ALL the shows I had tickets to last time - I pouted for weeks. We ended up with even better shows a few months later, so we were happy.

Good luck to you; I hope fate works in your favor this time. :)

It's funny. I never seem to learn with Morrissey.

Hmmm...a certain b-side off of "Suedehead" comes to mind...;)

But c'mon, I know you've been to more than enough shows to know better. It really is worth it to pay a little extra to get your tickets/hotel rooms refundable. I'm only out one night (about $100) out of a 2 night stay in Orlando because of the highly restrictive bastard cancellation policy (72 hours and my stay begins at 2 am, so effectively I had to book for arrival the day before). My stay in Boca was fully refundable. Then there's $25 for a non-refundable discount shuttle voucher. OK, so along with ticketbastard inconvenience fees lost, I'm looking at about $140 total. Meh.

That's nothing compared to what I lost when he had to cancel and reschedule the opening dates of the 2002 tour -- that cost me about $1k for the flight change penalties. I actually tried to pay more to get a refundable package because even then I was concerned about Moz cancelling, but because it was an open jaw itinerary with multiple legs, I was not allowed to get the refundable option through the travel agent. I simply paid the penalty and life went on. It was still a very good deal (keep in mind I was travelling from Asia during the universal holiday month of August -- very very expensive) and cost much less than if I paid for individual flights separately.

Your situation may be different, but I'm well-served by Southwest (and a certain airline based in Atlanta which employs a terrific Moz fan). It's really easy to cancel trips on SW and then apply the funds to a future trip. They had getaway specials from LAX for $124 one way to FLL (next to Boca), and there's no penalty to cancel if you just use the funds for a future flight. I remember getting a $31 flight to Phoenix for the first show of the tour in 1999. David Tseng happened to be on that flight, too.

So, I don't mind about the $. I'm just disappointed about how a great weekend seeing friends has been dashed upon the familiar rockiness of "cancellation due to illness".

I have to smile when I look at my calendar. There are blurbs posted all over it about the tour dates being subject to change/cancellation -- "as with all things Morrissey". The concert following Killarney, where I had given him one of the 2006 calendars, Moz pointed at me and sang the verse, "I forgive you, I forgive you". And I asked my friend what that was all about. She pointed to the "tour dates subject to change/cancellation" blurbs and said that among other things, he might not appreciate that. But it's true! It only hurts because it's true.

I completely agree about paying extra for the refundable benefit. I am fortunately in the position to be flexible. Sadly, I will be missing the opportunity we had to meet up gain, Mel, but we will soon enough.

OK, I'm here to tell you to hold on to hope. I know some day it's gonna happen for yoooooo....

Well, statistically speaking, it should. If you ran the numbers, you'd find that the chances of cancellation are actually low for any given Moz show. It's just that when it happens, it's a terrible event that stands out in people's minds. I think I've only experienced 4 cancellations (not counting the summer 2002 snafu -- but those dates were rescheduled -- and one of the times it was Alain's back) and over 130 successful Moz shows. I'm just not sure why you're so cursed. Just kidding!

I completely agree about paying extra for the refundable benefit. I am fortunately in the position to be flexible. Sadly, I will be missing the opportunity we had to meet up gain, Mel, but we will soon enough.

I hope so! My schedule is still uncertain...and yours never is certain, either, eh?

I may be out less $ than I think. I got an automated response confirming my cancelation of the Orlando hotel, so maybe I won't even get charged the 1st night. The Boca reservation could not be canceled online, so I had to call the hotel directly, and they kindly canceled both nights without penalty - YAY! Good for them, because if they didn't I was strongly rethinking my continued participation in their loyalty programme.

Back
Top Bottom