I hate Morrissey's Myspace page

the judge

because its only aim is to sell as many copies of ROTT as possible.
In my opinion Myspace should show the best of an artist (in case that the user doesn't know at all that artist) and here I see only promotion (the songs are taken from ROTT, the review is about ROTT, influences: get Morrissey Merchandise, sounds like: download videos from iTunes USA). Why put Merchandise under "influences"? because the webmaster doesn't know where else to put it?
It's so depressing! I saw other popular artists' pages and are quite similar.
I should have written "I hate lots of myspace pages"
The only sincere pages I've seen are the ones made by unknown or not very popular artists, but then again they have thei page to achieve more fame & money, and if they succeed in their page will change and will be exactly like those I described above.
It's so depressing.

as much as i dont agree with all your point , i like the idea of bands/artists on myspace i hate the cop out ones that are run but the record company rather than the artist and updated by the record company ... it would be nice if morrissey used his every now and again posibly some webchat or something at the end of the day he doesnt need my space he has julia

Myspace isn't a bad idea, indeed! but I don't like the way it is used.
Yes, you're right about the record company.
I think Morrissey doesn't use it at all. He should cancel it.

It's run by Sanctuary, not Morrissey. Morrissey isn't even with Sanctuary anymore. Apparently they have ceased business as a record company. From now on they will only sell their existing catalogue. That's why they are pushing t-shirts on his myspace.

When I see things like that I'm relieved rather than revolted. It means that Morrissey is not directly involved in flogging his wares. Better to think that some under-assistant intern lackey keeps up the page rather than Morrissey bothering with MySpace.

On this topic, has anyone seen some of the Nine Inch Nails web sites for Reznor's new album? Intriguing and clever, although I think if you're creating sites that talk about the need for "lone gunmen", well, I've got some columbines to lay at the grave of your sued-to-death career.

When I see things like that I'm relieved rather than revolted. It means that Morrissey is not directly involved in flogging his wares. Better to think that some under-assistant intern lackey keeps up the page rather than Morrissey bothering with MySpace.

On this topic, has anyone seen some of the Nine Inch Nails web sites for Reznor's new album? Intriguing and clever, although I think if you're creating sites that talk about the need for "lone gunmen", well, I've got some columbines to lay at the grave of your sued-to-death career.

I've seen some of those sites, the wiretap one and the parepin one. Great marketing, no attempt to disguise the appeal to our paranoia.

as much as i dont agree with all your point , i like the idea of bands/artists on myspace i hate the cop out ones that are run but the record company rather than the artist and updated by the record company ... it would be nice if morrissey used his every now and again posibly some webchat or something at the end of the day he doesnt need my space he has julia

if morrissey personally edited his myspace, you will get a lot of haters writing nasty things to him on his page. He knows what his life has brought him...

Back
Top Bottom