Is there a Morrissey fan who dislikes The Smiths or vice versa?

JosefWaysman

Hello everyone!
This is my first post on this forum.

I was wondering - do you know anyone who likes Morrissey's stuff but dislikes The Smiths? Do you know anyone who likes The Smiths but can't stand Morrissey' solo stuff?

I can't imagine such a situation, but I would like to hear your opinion as well!

i know someone who's got more or less every single smiths vinyl/cd and listens to them every week in the house/car but doesn't own a single morrissey item or listen to the solo artist. that's all i know;)

I'm actually asking a different question - is there someone in the world who likes The Smiths and DISLIKES Morrissey, or vice versa?

For example, I am very big fan of Depeche Mode, but I don't care much for Dave Gahan's solo stuff. So I was wondering if there's such a thing with Morrissey.

I'm sure there are many.
On last.fm there are users with a huge of amount of Smiths-scrobbles and only a few or no Moz-scrobbles - vice versa.

I'm also a big DM-fan, but I don't care much about Gahan's or Gore's solo-output. Same with Manics, Deftones, Radiohead or Tool.

I'm actually asking a different question - is there someone in the world who likes The Smiths and DISLIKES Morrissey, or vice versa?

For example, I am very big fan of Depeche Mode, but I don't care much for Dave Gahan's solo stuff. So I was wondering if there's such a thing with Morrissey.

It's more or less the same.

You find many Japanese Smiths fans who don't bother to follow Morrissey's solo stuff. :(

i've just told you of one:rolleyes:

I never listen to the Smiths casually, only Morrissey. It's because I listened to the Smiths to death as a teenager (and because, they are, actually, rubbish).

When I first got into Morrissey, through Your Arsenal which I listened to continuously, I couldn't bear The Smiths and only bought the solo stuff. I actually detested their stuff. Eventually I relented. Bought Louder Than Bombs. Listened to it but just did not like it nor get it. 3 listens later and I loved it. The same with The Queen Is Dead. I still prefer the solo songs though.

Step forward Mike The Tory, Benn Budd and Uncle Liam.:p

I've seen Mike The Tory dancing on stage at the S&G to some obscure b-side, then, as 'Panic' came on, he shook his head and got off the stage and headed downstairs:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

I think when the Smiths split up there were people who felt they had to pick sides. That's why you'll find some Morrissey fans who will listen to only Morrissey solo out of loyalty and some Johnny Marr fans who will swear blind that everything that Moz has done since the Smiths is crap, while suddenly becoming big fans of any band Marr decides to join. :D

For me, I don't see how you can like one and not the other. What I find in The Smiths I find in the solo work. It all seems part of the same story and body of work to me.

Step forward Mike The Tory, Benn Budd and Uncle Liam.:p

I've seen Mike The Tory dancing on stage at the S&G to some obscure b-side, then, as 'Panic' came on, he shook his head and got off the stage and headed downstairs:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

I remember once when How Soon Is Now was played, the dance floored filled up. The floor emptied with the following track, Journalists Who Lie.

It was amazing.

i've definitely heard of people loving the Smiths and disliking Morrissey. i actually understand that more than the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom