J. Marr Story Of The Guitar

Re: Marr - 'dishing the dirt'??

He was basically talking about the realatioship between lead singers and the guitar player. Nothing revealing though.

hehe, any unsubtle Morrissey inferences?

hehe, any unsubtle Morrissey inferences?

None..:)

Did you have problems with the sound? Your ears are probably blocked with the cold.

Get well soon BTW..:)

Re: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

I still linger dreamily at guitar shop windows; it's not a habit easily outgrown. The clips were lovely, thanks to all who shared.

How I wish they would show this programme in the U.S., or at least offer the DVD for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

None..:)

Did you have problems with the sound? Your ears are probably blocked with the cold.

Get well soon BTW..:)

I can hear most of the other clips, but that 'dishing the dirt' one is unbelivably quiet :o

Re: Johnny Marr on The Story of the Guitar

And yes the 'Edge' doesn't have nowhere near the same amount of body, skill and complexity than Johnny does on guitar.

Johnny is by far my favourite guitarist of all time, but to dismiss the Edge totally just because he uses delay effects on his guitar is a bit too easy. Listen to all of the other stuff he has made. Some of his Acoustic tunes are fantastic. Speaking of effects: Who noticed the effect Johnny uses when he's playing 'There Is A Light'? ;)

Back
Top Bottom