"Jacky's..." official video out on Thursday 30th Nov.

UPDATE Nov. 30:

Link to video now on YouTube posted by Shyness 1s nice:

UPDATE Dec. 1:

Posted by joe frady:

Better a/v quality found via director Robert Hales vimeo page

Regards,
FWD.

41565_jackys_video_screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I totally agree. excellent video. a throwback to dance shows of the sixties. wit in the lyrics,humor in the dance steps, and the nostalgia I n the satin suits reminds us of a more innocent time period. bet you never once thought about trump while watching! I think it is best since boy racer. and i'm not a real fan of most of mozzers video.

you think about Trump all the time? you sound unhinged :thumb:

I couldn't really focus on anything else! It's so obvious it makes you wonder if it's deliberate for some reason.

Definitely deliberate. Reminds me of Morrissey's untucked shirt in the Playboys TOTP appearance:

“This country is making me sick.”

“Blacker than ever before.”

“Everyone who comes must go.”

The prosecution rests. It might not be about Brexit as he says, but it is about immigration.

Hilarious, tacky and cheap. Such a shame he didn't allow Diesel to dress up in silk pyjamas and "Dad dance" with the Lawnmowers.
Good to see they can all laugh at themselves.
Hecklers keep up the heckling at the next performance. Louder !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Would you rather have Morrissey singing on a yacht in the Bermuda Shaven Triangle like Duran Duran or would you prefer the grandeur of Club Tropicana Wham bam thank you spam?

I think there's a film audio clip of a woman screaming 'exit' in a continental accent, 3 mins 30 seconds in?

The prosecution rests. It might not be about Brexit as he says, but it is about immigration.
Same thing?

Nah. If this were so the gyrating female go-go dancers would be dressed in burqas and the video would've ended with the swinging male dancers blowing up the set with their suicide vests.

Would you rather have Morrissey singing on a yacht in the Bermuda Shaven Triangle like Duran Duran or would you prefer the grandeur of Club Tropicana Wham bam thank you spam?

Footage of him and his mystery passenger driving down a one way street at speed in Rome to gain attention would be OK. Can anyone help ?
Should have shot him Raffaele, LOL, FAF !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Well, the obvious reading is that the lyric charts the Jacky character having a breakdown after splitting up with someone, presumably the "you" of "since she left you". The middle-eight is basically her outlining the sequence of events:

"Cue lights! I am singing to my lover at night! Initially happy with that person...

Scene Two: Everyone who comes must go! Then they leave them...

Scene Four: Blacker than ever before! Her mental state worsens as a result...

Scene Six: This country is making me sick!" She actually becomes ill...

Which leads to the next verse:

Jacky cracks when she isn't on stage Where she has some kind of breakdown...

See the effects of sexual neglect Which is the result of now being on her own...

No script, no crew, no auto-cue Her loneliness only being heightened offstage...

No audience telling her what to do! The absence of an audience making it worse...

... hence why she is only happy when she is up on the stage.

I genuinely can't see how a Brexit/immigration reading holds together with the song lyric in its entirety.

Love the videos which makes the album just that more disappointing.

I'm reminded of the bit in Alan Bennett's latest diaries where he explains his thoughts on Morrissey's appeal to Northerners... he look like a plasterer's mate however hard he tries not to

PS The red bit definitely a nod to animal rights anti immigrant Brigittte Bardot.

doh:doh::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and PAUL IS DEAD.

:cool:

It means something, K. What would you suggest those words in that order convey? It’s hardly cryptic is it?

If I wrote “Everyone who comes must go, this country is making me sick, blacker than ever before.” you might be entitled to draw a conclusion from that.

For the record it doesn’t bother me an iota if that is his meaning. He is as welcome to those opinions as those who hold diametrically opposite views.

Nice big Christian cross there, too, I see.

Well, the obvious reading is that the lyric charts the Jacky character having a breakdown after splitting up with someone, presumably the "you" of "since she left you". The middle-eight is basically her outlining the sequence of events:

"Cue lights! I am singing to my lover at night! Initially happy with that person...

Scene Two: Everyone who comes must go! Then they leave them...

Scene Four: Blacker than ever before! Her mental state worsens as a result...

Scene Six: This country is making me sick!" She actually becomes ill...

Which leads to the next verse:

Jacky cracks when she isn't on stage Where she has some kind of breakdown...

See the effects of sexual neglect Which is the result of now being on her own...

No script, no crew, no auto-cue Her loneliness only being heightened offstage...

No audience telling her what to do! The absence of an audience making it worse...

... hence why she is only happy when she is up on the stage.

I genuinely can't see how a Brexit/immigration reading holds together with the song lyric in its entirety.

I think “Jacky” is Morrissey himself.

So wrong! You couldn't be more wrong!

Have a listen to Scandinavia (see below). In that track Morrissey, for whatever reason, is bored, in a fjord. Now he doesn't just hate Scandinavia, he f***ing really hates the place! He curses the place and couldn't care less if the people burn and the kids die in their blind asylums. Now THAT is hate!

However, Morrissey's mood changes when he meets someone and falls in love with this person and also Scandinavia. He's so happy that he kisses, hugs and eats the soil! Very happy Moz!

Now look at Jacky. Total opposite! Morrissey starts off happy, singing to his lover at night but then everyone who comes must go, as does his lover, his depression is blacker than ever before and then the country makes him sick! Hates the place as it reminds him of his love!

So, long story short, great tracks!

Man! I f***ing love that track!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
gustavo is the only one who can dance...he's got the slight shoulder and hip movement from the Latino blood in his veins. looks like jesse doesn't wanna dance, and mando can't dance...the whiter you get, the less you can dance.
not that i'm racist.

Up to a point, but by using “blacker” it hints towards non-EU migration.

'Blacker' could refer to the theatrical term meaning to extinguish all of the stage lights but more likely means

A black comedy (or dark comedy) is a comic work that employs black humor, which, in its most basic definition, is humor that makes light of otherwise serious subject matter. Black humor corresponds to the earlier concept of gallows humor.

Fun video. The jazz hands are back. I like the lighting effects in the latter half and the destroyed set at the end (does that woman's voice yell "Taxi!"?)

If you've ever fought depression, you'll understand what "blacker than ever before means".

Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom