James Maker statement: "In Support Of Morrissey" - James Maker FB (1 June, 2019)

"In support of Morrissey:

The truth is, there is a hate campaign which is artificial, fabricated and does not reflect the views of real people: people who attend concerts and buy records. 'For Britain' is repeatedly described as a 'far right-wing party', when it isn't. It is run by an irish lesbian who opposes patriarchy.

People are murdered on London Bridge, or children destroyed by nail bombs at concerts, or....the list is legion....There is a very much a problem linked to extremist Islam: its 21st-century core beliefs are still affirmatively anti-feminist, anti-LGBT, and anti-democratic. This is NOT anti-Muslim; it is anti-undemocratic; anti-patriarchy; anti-religious extremism.

Morrissey was a contrarian in the 1980s and 1990s. and who saved many people's lives—as many hundreds avow—through the messages of his songs., In 2019, he is still a contrarian. Yet, in the UK, he is a hate figure whom a British newspaper is bent upon destroying.

For a person who could have given such pleasure to millions, over the years, this is very sad, indeed. x"

James' previous (much longer) statement last April was deleted from Facebook, but a copy of the text is available here and was entitled: "Is Morrissey A Racist?"

Regards,
FWD.

Oh but James... Regarding Morrissey, it most certainly is anti-Islam/Muslim, and not just “extremists” like anyone trying to save face or back-pedal would say. For you to say otherwise only makes you look pretty dumb in all honesty. All you have to do is go back and read Morrissey’s statement after the Manchester bombing, and reread the thinly-veiled xenophobia and Islamaphobia (notice I didn’t say “Islamic-extremistaphobia”). Things have only gotten worse since then, far worse. I understand you might want to defend your friend, but this statement just shows your beliefs to be as inaccurate and ignorant as his are. If you were really his friend you would pull him aside and tell him “Look, you’re kinda f***ing things up, man!” But you’ve just shown yourself to be another yes-man like all the rest, and that’s okay; it’s expected now.

Oh, and btw, one the biggest anti-LGBT crusades of the last few facades is being led by Christians, rather than Muslims, or did you not know that? And I’m taking about “funding” many millions of dollars, not just attitudes and hate-speech. And obviously I realise that this doesn’t include all Christians, but a very large amount, and not just fundamentalists or “extremist” Christians. But I see that you make no mention of that. For you to defend an organisation like For Britain though just goes to show that you have a slightly skewed sense of identity-politics, and your pandering to this “Irish-lesbian” thing like that somehow makes it less stomach-churning. Röhm was indeed gay too don’t forget, but that doesn’t make him anymore of a sympathetic character.

You are right - Europe has its problems with Christian extremists. Then why import extremists from Muslim countries to join them?

Look at what is happening in Birmingham right now - they laugh at your British values and multiculturalism. And it will be coming to a school and a town hall near you next...

And f*** Maker for the horrendous whataboutism in mentioning the London attack and Manchester bombing to get some equivalence. f*** him. How dare he.

It is essential to his point, why should we not mention the atrocities? It's just one particular strain of Islam that is the issue here, everyone wants more muslims like Nadiya Hussain, she is an example like many modern muslims who have integrated into our society, but there is an unspoken problem with that other branch of Islam.

It's not a race issue, we never hear of any atrocities committed by Sikh's, Hindu etc.

I would imagine For Britain is opposed to the ones unfurling the IS flag in Hyde Park and not the Nadiya Hussains of this land.

The facts are this. When far right nationalist Anders Breivik killed 77 people Morrissey compared it to KFC, but when a Muslim set off a bomb at an Ariana Grande concert he said "Theresa May says such attacks ‘will not break us’, but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues."
Interpret as you will.

> It is run by an irish lesbian who opposes patriarchy.

I love James Maker, and this is a dumb statement. Being a lesbian who opposes the patriarchy doesn't mean that you can't be anti-semitic, that you can't hate Muslims and use your hate of them as a dogwhistle for general racism; which For Britain has done time & time again. Shame on James for defending a Nazi party.

We must be tolerant of their anti gay, anti women views, and at the same time hold our own paradoxical views on homosexuals and women.

No sorry, we must NOT be tolerant of their views. I think it’s quite easy... at least in my country. We have a constitution ‘basic law’ that rules the way we all live together.

And I guess most of the democracies in the western world have a constitution as well.

No kind of fundamental views are above the law. NO man is above the law.

Last edited:
You are right - Europe has its problems with Christian extremists. Then why import extremists from Muslim countries to join them?

Look at what is happening in Birmingham right now - they laugh at your British values and multiculturalism. And it will be coming to a school and a town hall near you next...

Uh, I will think that you’ll find that the USA has far worse problems with “Christian” identified extremists than Europe does. The American right in general seems to be more tied into Christianity than its European counterparts.

You state “look at what is happening in Birmingham right now,” but what about what is happening in Charleston, Sutherland Springs, etc., not to mention what happened in Charlottesville? The list could go on as well. You talk about Muslim extremists but make no mention of the angry-white guy extremists that seem to be taking over the good old USA? Nobody seems to mention the fact that you are far more likely to be shot full of holes by some some white dude with an agenda, than some Muslim with a nail bomb. Coming to a school, a church, a town hall near you as well, indeed.

:rock:

NO ONE HOLDS

:cool:

Trill = Troll

i think we are at the stage of seeing @Uncleskinny meltdown in full view here
the guy is actually obsessed with Morrissey and the evidence is all over this site to see
He’s devoted his life to M and excluded his family as a result. They’ve given him an ultimatum and he’s downed tools with M , and is spreading his one eyed views all over her. It can’t be healthy and has real echoes of Mark Chapman.
What he never answers is M got out of court apologies from both NMe and The word , because both would not defend their views in court.
What also never gets mentioned is Skinny’s “malfeasance in public office”- ie he got booted of moderator duties for misusing posters personal information.

Answer that P.

So... The Guardian is good now?

The survey is the key point, not who reports it. Findings speak for themselves. Why would homosexuals want to live among a rapidly breeding group of bigots let alone import more?

The facts are this. When far right nationalist Anders Breivik killed 77 people Morrissey compared it to KFC, but when a Muslim set off a bomb at an Ariana Grande concert he said "Theresa May says such attacks ‘will not break us’, but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues."
Interpret as you will.

‘Interpret as you will’

:thumb:

is key here.

edit:

Trill = Troll

Last edited:
VERY INTERESTING STATEMENTS OF FACT!!:thumb::thumb:

SOVIET CUCKS and ISLAMIC TWATS are RUNNING LOOSE
in LONDON:eek:

:straightface:

‘Interpret as you will’

:thumb:

is key here.
I know the easier interpretation and so do you or you wouldn't make a point of quoting that last bit. But I'm also not going to pretend to know exactly what it means, especially when what it appears to mean is shocking and really unforgivable.
But I don't think James Maker is doing Morrissey any favors by explicitly bringing Islam, and London Bridge terror attacks into this. That makes it a different argument than wanting to preserve British culture.
The thing I'd say to Morrissey if I could is that he really ought to make "outrageous" statements about Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift and stop talking about politics. He only sets himself up for the kind of ongoing attacks that have been directed at him and it's difficult to feel sympathy for him because when he speaks on these matters "heavy words are so lightly thrown."

I know the easier interpretation and so do you or you wouldn't make a point of quoting that last bit. But I'm also not going to pretend to know exactly what it means, especially when what it appears to mean is shocking and really unforgivable.
But I don't think James Maker is doing Morrissey any favors by explicitly bringing Islam, and London Bridge terror attacks into this. That makes it a different argument than wanting to preserve British culture.
The thing I'd say to Morrissey if I could is that he really ought to make "outrageous" statements about Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift and stop talking about politics. He only sets himself up for the kind of ongoing attacks that have been directed at him and it's difficult to feel sympathy for him because when he speaks on these matters "heavy words are so lightly thrown."

Agree, though when folks say this, it’s
like saying... I paid good money on your records and to see your show, so shut up and just sing your song and do that funny little dance you do.

He’s guilty of speaking with his heart, being misinformed (as far as I can tell on political subjects mostly) selective on what he likes and dislikes, too human? self absorbed? artist? contrarian?

‘The thing I'd say to Morrissey if I could is that he really ought to make "outrageous" statements about Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift and stop talking about politics. He only sets himself up for the kind of ongoing attacks that have been directed at him and it's difficult to feel sympathy for him because when he speaks on these matters "heavy words are so lightly thrown."

Agree, though when folks say this, it’s
like saying... I paid good money on your records and to see your show, so shut up and just sing your song and do that funny little dance you do.

He’s guilty of speaking with his heart, being misinformed (as far as I can tell on political subjects mostly) selective on what he likes and dislikes, too human? self absorbed? artist? contrarian?

I would say misinformed or not close enough to how his fans in the country actually feel about things? (on politics)

Back
Top Bottom