Morrissey Central "JANE BIRKIN" (July 16, 2023)

JANE BIRKIN

PRI158684931.jpg

Jane Birkin, who attended Morrissey’s Meltdown in 2004 (Royal Festival Hall, London), has died.

“In the future we all die. Jane’s future has arrived. She made us all so happy in different ways, but in our modern infantilized clueless pop culture Jane’s contributions will be overlooked because she did not ever kneel to silliness.”
-Morrissey.

Brendan:
brendanbuckley-16072023-0001.jpg

Jesse:
Screenshot_20230716-174531.png

“…but in our modern infantilized clueless pop culture…”

Please Morrissey, keep us updated on recent vinyl sales in Belgium.

The irony.

He hates the word performing, only seals perform, he said on wossy

Yeah, I know. I guess for him it also
applies to others. Though, ‘attended’ doesn’t seem a fair or correct choice of word, since Birkin did take part in his Meltdown curation.

Annoyingly forever associated with 'that' song with 'that' alcoholic misogynist, Jane was a glacial cinema presence whose every film seems to have attained Cult status.
If you only know her from 'Je T'aime', now's the time to acquaint yourself the rest of her musical output.
"Heavenly wine and roses//Seem to whisper to me when you smile
Sweet Jane,
Sweet, sweet Jane"(Lou Reed)💔

mQEmEE.gif

Last edited:
worked almost to the very end,95 acting credits to her name.r.i.p ms birkin.

It doesn’t seem like Morrissey wrote that, since he’s then quoted, in brackets.

Ah, yes.

So the person that wrote and posted this, was not Morrissey.

That makes sense.

Because surely Morrissey would have liked it to be known that she not merely ‘attended’, but that she actually sang at the event that he himself put together.

IMG_9060.jpeg
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66216663

The singer and actress Jane Birkin has died at the age of 76.
The English-French star was born in London in 1946 and later relocated to France, where she met singer-songwriter Serge Gainsbourg and embarked on a tumultuous professional and personal relationship.
She continued her singing career in the 1990s and beyond, regularly performing at French music festivals. Birkin was also a lifelong pro-democracy and animal rights activist.
French President Emmanuel Macron described her as a "French icon" who "embodied freedom" and "sang the most beautiful words of our language".
IMG_9052.jpeg

IMG_9053.jpeg

IMG_9054.jpeg

IMG_9055.jpeg

IMG_9056.jpeg

IMG_9057.jpeg

IMG_9058.jpeg

IMG_9059.jpeg

Last edited:
Annoyingly forever associated with 'that' song with 'that' alcoholic misogynist, Jane was a glacial cinema presence whose every film seems to have attained Cult status.
If you only know her from 'Je T'aime', now's the time to acquaint yourself the rest of her musical output.
"Heavenly wine and roses//Seem to whisper to me when you smile
Sweet Jane,
Sweet, sweet Jane"(Lou Reed)💔

mQEmEE.gif
Stop press - Serge Gainsbourg was a flawed human being.
RIP Jane.

Back
Top Bottom