Johnny Marr Radio 2 Piano Room Maida Vale 2024

Former Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr electrifies the Radio 2 Piano Room, playing a cover of Iggy Pop’s ‘Passenger’, as well as brand new takes of his own songs ‘Easy Money’ and ‘Somewhere, performed with the BBC Concert Orchestra at Maida Vale Studios.

Vernon Kay also talks to Johnny about his solo career, memories of his days in The Smiths, and advice from Sir Paul McCartney.

sharing from guitar 101 ginchy

Didn't realise it was filmed as well - Somewhere

This is really good, Johnny is singing in the right register for his voice and it sounds so much better. It's a happy, light pop song that's not too deep or artsy, it's not a try too hard, it's Johnny and his great guitar playing with some back up vocals. I think he should stick to this kind of thing, it really suits him well.

This is really good, Johnny is singing in the right register for his voice and it sounds so much better. It's a happy, light pop song that's not too deep or artsy, it's not a try too hard, it's Johnny and his great guitar playing with some back up vocals. I think he should stick to this kind of thing, it really suits him well.

It was one of the stand outs for me at Manchester shows, the whole crowd seemed mesmerised by the reworking of it as it was completely unexpected and worked really well with an orchestra.

Where’s the Moz reference in this? Somewhere?

I thought the Iggy cover was dreadful and lifeless.

Somewhere is a fine song.

Explain yourself!!! :lbf: <just kidding>
Having previously explained that I post many things here under the umbrella of strange, mildly related or just potentially 'lesser stories' that get held here and moved if they develop:
At the time, as I don't scrutinise what Marr is doing as much as Morrissey, I posted that not knowing if he played anything Smiths-related etc (being busy elsewhere has lead to 'don't have time to check' posts by myself whilst still leaving the information for others). Meanwhile, other people post separate threads with the same information. If I then move my initial post to their thread, it will take over said via date/time stamp. Given the site is relatively vast, I'm sure some duplicate information can exist and people can choose where they reply. Obviously, querying everything in this thread actually adds to the amount of posts for people to then debate the appropriateness of - which then adds to the 'problem' and irony takes over at that point.
Regards,
FWD.

Having previously explained that I post many things here under the umbrella of strange, mildly related or just potentially 'lesser stories' that get held here and moved if they develop:
At the time, as I don't scrutinise what Marr is doing as much as Morrissey, I posted that not knowing if he played anything Smiths-related etc (being busy elsewhere has lead to 'don't have time to check' posts by myself whilst still leaving the information for others). Meanwhile, other people post separate threads with the same information. If I then move my initial post to their thread, it will take over said via date/time stamp. Given the site is relatively vast, I'm sure some duplicate information can exist and people can choose where they reply. Obviously, querying everything in this thread actually adds to the amount of posts for people to then debate the appropriateness of - which then adds to the 'problem' and irony takes over at that point.
Regards,
FWD.
I think you misunderstood the meaning of my post. I was joking with Surface because Thewlis asked him "Where’s the Moz reference in this? Somewhere?". I was not questioning why you or anyone posted it. I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I honestly was not questioning you or Surface.

I think you misunderstood the meaning of my post. I was joking with Surface because Thewlis asked him "Where’s the Moz reference in this? Somewhere?". I was not questioning why you or anyone posted it. I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I honestly was not questioning you or Surface.
No I was not asking Surface where the Moz reference was, otherwise I would have quoted him.

I was just in general wondering when opening this thread where the Moz reference was in Marr performing these songs. Especially since there are a few other threads with the same information.

Back
Top Bottom