Johnny Marr's son calls Morrissey a racist on Instagram

EgY7B7-XkAA1LVk

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah there’s so many hardcore Johnny Marr fans out there, bedroom walls plastered with his posters, closets full of Johnny Marr shirts, tattoos. bumper stickers etc!! And the crowd at Marr concerts is insane! So many stage invaders just wanting to touch their idol!! Hilarious...

I can confirm, I was at that show in LA where there were 3 or 4 stage invasions including that real fast moving guy who got hard tackled by Johnny's guitar tech and that lady that got dragged off smiling and waving. I mean the guy is trying to play and sing, he's not big like Moz, so that was a bit much!

Do you genuinely think that Marr is hankering for a Smiths reunion? I wouldn't go see Morrissey/Marr if they played anywhere more than ten minutes walk from my house. The past is gone.

I think it's interesting that there were heavy rumors on this forum and elsewhere about a Smiths reunion that was supposed to take place this year. I strongly suspect it was all about the (now-cancelled of course) Cruel World Festival in Los Angeles that Morrissey was headlining. Which leads me to believe they couldn't get Marr.

With bands like Bauhaus, Blondie and Devo on the bill, it would have been a coup for Goldenvoice to have the Smiths as headliners.

I think it's interesting that there were heavy rumors on this forum and elsewhere about a Smiths reunion that was supposed to take place this year. I strongly suspect it was all about the (now-cancelled of course) Cruel World Festival in Los Angeles that Morrissey was headlining. Which leads me to believe they couldn't get Marr.

With bands like Bauhaus, Blondie and Devo on the bill, it would have been a coup for Goldenvoice to have the Smiths as headliners.

:lbf:

50 dollars in US money will get you Sr and Jr.:lbf:
Festival want to actually sell tickets.:lbf:

oh god.

There have been rumours of such a thing for decades.

It will never happen. Not in a million years will either of them want it to happen regardless of the millions they could earn from it.

Can you take your mind off your seething hatred for Morrissey for just one second? Ever?
I used to be here all the time on 2015/2017 back when I loved Morrissey, today I accidentally listened to one of his old songs on the radio and wondered whatever happened to this site and that's the reason I'm here again while taking a bathroom break at work, anyways, I'm sad to see uncleskinny is still here, obsessing over Morrissey, I used to hate him so much 😂 but he's right and I was wrong, Morrissey is a racist bitch but he (skinny) still is a looser that's been obsessed for someone for years and years and I kinda pity him tbh

I used to be here all the time on 2015/2017 back when I loved Morrissey, today I accidentally listened to one of his old songs on the radio and wondered whatever happened to this site and that's the reason I'm here again while taking a bathroom break at work, anyways, I'm sad to see uncleskinny is still here, obsessing over Morrissey, I used to hate him so much 😂 but he's right and I was wrong, Morrissey is a racist bitch but he (skinny) still is a looser that's been obsessed for someone for years and years and I kinda pity him tbh

:)

Skinny wow you came to see yourself as correct while taking a break from your atari video game.:rolleyes:
who you are you playing against? "surface" and "nerak":rolleyes:

Skinny heading towards the facilities so as to post:

images

:)

Skinny wow you came to see yourself as correct while taking a break from your atari video game.:rolleyes:
who you are you playing against? "surface" and "nerak":rolleyes:

Skinny heading towards the facilities so as to post:

images

I can't keep track of which nutter's which this website - Aztec Camera, Vegan Cro, Uncle Skinny, all their waspish, bizarrely-phrased ramblings sound the same; is it just the same guy using different avatars?

I can't keep track of which nutter's which this website - Aztec Camera, Vegan Cro, Uncle Skinny, all their waspish, bizarrely-phrased ramblings sound the same; is it just the same guy using different avatars?

🤒

Fake Cham, do you recall that infamous psycho babble of yours:

"If there was no place for individual thought in science anyone could be Newton or Einstein."

WTF does it mean nobody has been able to figure it out:(
do you mean that all simpletons are to be Newton and Einstein?:crazy:
did you come to this conclusion while doing psycho babbling with your
buddy from the 7-11?:blushing:

Gosh, do you think that's better or worse than taking other people's records, signing them, then trying to flog them for $300 each?

They are absurd, but their absurdity gives them an extra value.
Morrissey has signed a LOT of things, so his signature is probably not so worthy (I don't mean that he's not worthy,I mean that if you sign 10,000 things then something that you have signed has a value, but if you have only signed 500 things, then the value is by far higher).

I think the albums by other people signed by him will have a bigger value than other things he signed... once he is dead (which, of course, it is something that will eventually happen)... like an Eddie Cochran album signed by Elvis... It would be funny, thus it has a value.

Artists are volatile. It's sincere & has its own emotional logic though.

in your mind but not in the minds of the people that matter, ie the people he needs to buy his product

I agree but I guess his ambitions changed over time. He must have wanted the spotlight eventually, or else why would he go solo at 50?

to make money and to be on a Glastonbury stage with no drama. He can be that artist and have a following without the drama and constant media problems that Moz creates for himself. Who wouldnt want in their 50s to have that? Moz craves drama, JM just wants to be who he is which is a musician.

Court cases and being questioned by the police intelligence over his Maggie song and his time as a Stretford loner where he sat in the corner of the pub muttering about killing the queen which locals from that era can confirm. There are so many things you could use for a movie about him not least his gay flings and his constant travelling and owning homes in different parts of the world.
Then we have the career of course and him having the most whacky and dedicated fans in the world not to mention his absolute influence on pop culture which popped everywhere as his generations of fans grew up and got a job.
His flirting with controversy in lyrics and interviews makes it hard to choose what to focus on unless you turned his life into a tv series cause a movie would never be enough.
His job as a flesh remover would be the opening of course where the awful sound of it turns into a Marr guitar sound. I also see all the fans who wrote to him about various medical conditions which made him use hearing aid onstage as well as wheelchair and band aid and big fake cuts on his hand to mention a few.
Then we have his personal life story so in the end the people behind it would have to pick and choose what not to use rather than the other way around to avoid making it too long.

as a film maker and documentary maker I can assure you no one wants to touch him. Career suicide

what for one minute would you do Amy if you did actually discover he was racist? I know you say he isn't but in reality you don't really know because you don't know him. If you did meet him and it became apparent that he was racist would you try to find an excuse or would you disown him?

as a film maker and documentary maker I can assure you no one wants to touch him. Career suicide
Kinda goes without saying but that was not the discussion. Those that dare go against the flow tend to create classics but we will probably never see that again.
Now is about survival.

They are absurd, but their absurdity gives them an extra value.
Morrissey has signed a LOT of things, so his signature is probably not so worthy (I don't mean that he's not worthy,I mean that if you sign 10,000 things then something that you have signed has a value, but if you have only signed 500 things, then the value is by far higher).

I think the albums by other people signed by him will have a bigger value than other things he signed... once he is dead (which, of course, it is something that will eventually happen)... like an Eddie Cochran album signed by Elvis... It would be funny, thus it has a value.

How many of the super fans on this site bought one of those signed non-Moz albums? Let's see some pictures!

Kinda goes without saying but that was not the discussion. Those that dare go against the flow tend to create classics but we will probably never see that again.
Now is about survival.

it has always been about survival. Most long term artists do survive unless you can compare with someone who has been around as long as Moz and has similar issues with the media etc?

WTF! JR is selling TShirts with his wig atop Maccas head?o_O

Back
Top Bottom