Killarney - Gleneagle INEC Arena (Sep. 24, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud / First Of The Gang To Die / How Soon Is Now? / Rebels Without Applause / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Frankly, Mr. Shankly (solo live debut) / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @aliceasr_theReturn

Last edited:
I'd like to thank the genius at setlist.fm that, again, copied the information from here and added it as correct to their site - despite the very first post in this thread 👏
No actual attendees contributed to their efforts.
So now, they are missing The Loop - as I hadn't added it at the time (same goes for the FB 'spreader').
It has been placed circa when it was played in the list, but hasn't been confirmed - so it may change.
The songs played should be correct now though.
If that site et al becomes any more untrustworthy, then I'll leave it for others to wait (like historically here) &/or scrape up the correct information. They can probably go back to next day or longer for correct setlists - I personally pushed for a quicker, 'as it happens' approach, but that can happily cease if disinformation is the net result (where ever it may end up).

Moving on, the response to the gig has been very positive, although 'the fall' may overshadow it for those inclined to revel in things like that.
Regards,
FWD.
By the way, for sure, The Loop was played before Jack the ripper. I had a lapsus about title and I only wrote first verse on my cellphone, as the other songs, while he was playing :)

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

My english is not perfect at all, but I try to do my best.
Our trip from Roma starts very early, ‘cause our Ryan Air flight is at 6.50 AM. There’s not a direct flight to Cork, so we will go there through Stansed. It’s me, my daughter (she’s 22 today) and her boyfriend. We rent a car at Cork Airport and it was a blast for me driving on the green’s shaded little streets of Ireland. Cows, sheeps and grass with nothing around for miles, so different from my (of course, beautiful) hometown. Since our last meal was yesterday, we stopped to celebrate in a Seafood restaurant in Killerney and then we toured a couple of hours to see the maximum we could of the wonderful Killarney National Park. 6.30 PM! It’s time to go. We had to make a typical italian creative parking and we went in the queue for entering, obviously curious to see Irish Morrissey fans. Oh yes, we are all grown up, but still wear Moz/Smiths shirts. There are some young guys too, and some kids with their relatives. We are the only italians there, I believe. We place at the first rows, just at the right of the microphone, have a pint and look around. The venue is nice and security is polite. At 8 p.m. the film begins and at 8.30, welcomed by a roar from the audience, Morrissey walks in, dressed in black. Oh well, he seems to be in good shape and often he goes towards the first rows to shake hands. Audience is calm but warm, with some radical fans just in front of Him. The gig is a mix of oldies Moz/Smiths songs, and I had the opportunity to hear some song that I never listened live, even if I have seen 14 Moz concerts (if only we had low-cost flights in the past… sigh!). Oh! I have just realized that my 15th concert is the first of Morrissey outside of Italy! He was used to play Italy, Roma too, but this time he plays only Ireland/UK and then U.S. again, but as I am used to travel abroad to see gigs (this is my 1050 concert), I couldn’t miss it, whatever it costs. I was happy to go with my daughter who took this passion for obvious reasons. Moz made a couple of italian citations: “basta, basta, basta” (stop, stop, stop) at the end of I can’t remember which song and “quando, quando, quando” inside another one, an homage to ‘60s Italian music. The gig - after a fall on stage of Morrissey… he didn’t see a monitor behind him, I believe - is dramatically over. Years pass by and it’s no more time of stage invasions but, as usual, the gig was fine and we really loved to see him after we miss the cancelled Milan concert a couple of years ago due to pandemic. Yes, after the show our car was in the creative italian parking still. Otherwise, to go back to Cork in the dark streets of the county could have been a real problem. Our flight is in the early morning, and on the plane I am looking another date to join, even if, sadly, he doesn’t play on Saturday anymore. I have to sort something out.
Morrissey would correct you, to tell you that you went to a sea life restaurant, not a seafood restaurant.

As I can see in the photos posted here, there are all standing places in Killarney. Anyone know what it is like in other venues on UK tour ?

I think for someone like Moz or Johnny, there should be a 2 item limit so people can get something from the Smiths signed and something from their solo work. My husband asked Johnny to sign a Call the Comet CD, and a Smiths ticket from when my husband saw them. He said Johnny smiled when he saw the ticket, I forget what he said tho. We aren't selling either item.
I really think it's only fair they can sell signed things to make money from their own autographs too.
Yes, there should be a limit when the autograph is for free.
Just checked ebay for signed Mozzer vinyl items and found this 7"
7in killme - Kopie.png

So, 250€ for a signed album sounds like a fair price to me. And together with the receipt, you should have proof enough that the signature is real.
On the other hand, showing a concert ticket is a good idea to proove you are a serious fan and not just a seller trying to make a profit with the artist's name.

Auld Lang Syne was a piano intro before Sunday.
I was sure he was going to mention Queen Elizabeth during a speech about society and the wrongs of it. But the speech was in relation to Bonfire of Teenagers, before going into said song. 🙂
And what did he say ?

Truly amazing night in a great venue followed by afterparty in the INEC bar till the early hours....how Morrissey doesn't have a record deal is baffling given the diverse audience and core fan base he has.

Looking at the incident in slo-mo/frame by frame, it looked like the left leg of those awful trousers got stuck under his left heel, causing the trip. He should have stayed with the suit, as per previous tour; a much better look and, more importantly, safer. Get a grip Moz, please.
He looked smart .
You lot have no style .
Id rather him dress like that , than like Brett skinny jeans. Skinny jeans are f***ing shite

... Bonfire is still there but guess it's here to stay having named the album after it.
I was wondering (dreading) how the song would go down over here. Just seen Sam's upload, I think he changed the line from "morons" to "sheeples" or something. I felt it really transformed the impact, probably a positive thing for the less tolerant fan... and less fuel for journos who have't been following the Vegas shows.

Either way I love the song now.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Billy Budd / Knockabout World / Black Cloud / First Of The Gang To Die / How Soon Is Now? / Rebels Without Applause / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Am Veronica / Never Had No One Ever / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Frankly, Mr. Shankly (solo live debut) / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of @aliceasr_theReturn

Did anyone make a note of what he said. Between songs. Often it's a highlight of mine

I was wondering (dreading) how the song would go down over here. Just seen Sam's upload, I think he changed the line from "morons" to "sheeples" or something. I felt it really transformed the impact, probably a positive thing for the less tolerant fan... and less fuel for journos who have't been following the Vegas shows.

Either way I love the song now.
Its a good song in terms of sound and voice .
Just sloppy and childish with words . Would have been better if he attacked the government for letting these people come over, or how due to wokwokeness the security guard didn't approach the bomber or about extremists .
But no he attacks fellow mancs who were in shock but whatever. Let's just say young M would have handled it better. I think some have been over the top with their attacks on M

Looking at the incident in slo-mo/frame by frame, it looked like the left leg of those awful trousers got stuck under his left heel, causing the trip. He should have stayed with the suit, as per previous tour; a much better look and, more importantly, safer. Get a grip Moz, please.
This is a relief actually as when he went over I couldn't see any cables or other hazards there, worried something more sinister going on - he had been perspiring alot.
Makes sense - I remember many disasters long ago with flares catching in bicycle chainwheels/pedals etc.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom