Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Came as no surprise to me Neal.
I new it was going to be shit when a saw how poor the ticket sales were.
The British public delivered a very strong message to Steven in Leeds last night and there is no way it can be glossed over, even black curtain wizardry couldn’t hide the facts last night.

?? :knife:
BORE OFF IMBECILES

I’m on Fire has to be one of the greatest songs in the history of popular music. I listen to it frequently, and I never get tired of it.

He’s done far better than that. I don’t even think that is the best track on Born in the USA.

He’s done far better than that. I don’t even think that is the best track on Born in the USA.
In terms of albums, I only have some familiarity with Nebraska. I will give Born in the USA a proper listen.

Why is a man with such a magnificent back catalogue playing so many lacklustre covers and mediocre b-sides?
Whilst I don’t entirely agree, I’ve encouraged a friend to come with me to the London concert; your response is what I anticipate to hear from them if the set list remains the same. Maybe Morrissey feels he can afford that?

In terms of albums, I only have some familiarity with Nebraska. I will give Born in the USA a proper listen.

Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ and Darkness on the Edge of Town are classic albums. Born in the USA is great, so is Tunnel of Love...also, late in his career he released Magic and it’s pretty good.

Came as no surprise to me Neal.
I new it was going to be shit when a saw how poor the ticket sales were.
The British public delivered a very strong message to Steven in Leeds last night and there is no way it can be glossed over, even black curtain wizardry couldn’t hide the facts last night.

Aha exactly as Morrissey himself predicted. Why didn’t you post this review before the show started?

Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ and Darkness on the Edge of Town are classic albums. Born in the USA is great, so is Tunnel of Love...also, late in his career he released Magic and it’s pretty good.
Thanks, I will explore these. Probably tomorrow.

Funny how solos resident Moz hater & troll of trolls is kind enough to give us his ‘unbiased’ review of and info on last nights show.

doh:

Truly LAUGHABLE.

:laughing::rofl:

:cool:

Ok I’m back home now.
It was just as Carlisle Baz called it and I have to doff my cap to him for his honesty.
I’ve seriously never known a sel list so dull and dreary. It was painful at times.
He must really think/believe he’s in the same kind of league as Bruce Springsteen etc, yet there are dark forces like Mi5, BBC, British Government trying to crush him. The simple truth is he’s dried up.
Last night was totally rubbish, It was all very cheap budget airline stripped down.
There’s no support band, basic budget in house stage and lighting, no screens so you can see the proceedings closely, sound wasn’t the best either.
He just went through the motions last night with very little effort and an absolute dire set list. It seems most effort now goes into the gift shop souvenirs department.
This event was no advertisement for anyone going or thinking of going to any future performances. What did Jesse post? “We did us best” !!!!!!! What the hell is that supposed to mean. Sorry for the dreadful set list but that’s what the boss insisted because of poor ticket sales???
Steven absolutely punished the audience last night with that set list. Far too many cover songs, and the rest apart from a few just chugged along.
Plenty woe is me bitching remarks and strange no sense mad barking noises between songs, even thought it was funny coughing the virus on the punters at the front.
Top tier completely from the off never in use.
Lower level was re-arranged last minute. We were issued with new tickets when we got in. Told we’d been “upgraded” L O L.
All in all I would rather have all my teeth pulled out with no anaesthetic than witness this act again.
All in all a very unpleasant experience but on the the other hand funny knowing full well the trauma torment going on in his head today now he’s woken up and seen first hand the damage he’s done with his very own stupid comments.
R I P Steven.

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth your honour.

You poor confused dolt.
I’ve yawned & scrolled past your persistent negative comments for years & yet you still but tickets & attend Morrissey’s gigs & then pretend you hated it.

Get. Help. As. Soon. As. Possible.

Funny how solos resident Moz hater & troll of trolls is kind enough to give us his ‘unbiased’ review of and info on last nights show.

doh:

Truly LAUGHABLE.

:laughing::rofl:

:cool:

Says the resident Morrissey arse licker who dismisses negative reviews of the new album when you haven’t actually heard it yourself?

I really, really like "Jim Jim Falls", I can see this track added to my run playlist, stat!

Was that the bloke that got dragged out by his mate about 5 mins before moz come on because he was pissed, imagine spending all that money for a ticket and then getting f***ed and not knowing what’s going on, what a f***ing waster... stay at home next time you gimp

Possibly
Behaves like that all the time (or, at the few gigs he attends)
Then sobs, apologises and then tells everyone it’s his “passion” for Moz.
Vicki is a mouth on legs. Mrs Morrissey, she’ll have you know.

Aha exactly as Morrissey himself predicted. Why didn’t you post this review before the show started?

Erm!!!!!!! Because I didn’t know the awful set list in advance. I also didn’t know how poor the attendance actually was in advance.
We can play these silly cult blinkered clown games all night if you want Neal.
The fact remains the British public delivered a very strong message to Steven and the Lawnmowers last night. They voted for Mozzxit simple as that. He’s finished on these shores now. Trust me, history was made in Leeds last night.
Jesse posted they did their best last night and it was awful.
Carlisle Baz woke up in bits heartbroken this morning. I genuinely feel sorry for him, he was really looking forward to it in the build up.
It’s just the harsh truth and I make no apologies for reporting it.

If anyone has been affected by last nights events and is feeling low please don’t suffer in silence.
Please call the Samaritans helpline from any phone on 116 123 day or night and quote LEEDS MOZZXIT.

Back
Top Bottom