Let's save Morrissey!

L

Limey

I think the time has come for us Morrissey fans to save him from the horrors of this world. Counting all the messages that have been posted this past year, I would say Morrissey has at least 10,000 die hard fans.

My proposition is that we each donate $1,000 to Morrissey for a new record fund. Total it would come out to 10 million dollars! We can present this money to Morrissey, who will be responsible for singing to us privately as a way of thanks. He can then take this money to record, publish, distribute and market his new album without the help of those greedy record companies.

I know $1,000 is a lot, but how much has Morrissey brought to your life? I think you would agree that $1,000 is the minimal amount of worth in terms of happiness, fulfillment and spirituality that Morrissey has given us. Afterall, haven't we all secretly pledge to give up our lives for this man should the situation arrive? (I would be honored to push Morrissey out of the way of a ten-ton truck and die for it, just so I could save our Morrissey).

If $1,000 is too much for you to just "give away", then think of it as an investment. Your thousand bucks will buy you .01% of this Morrissey record fund, and you knowing as well as I do that with us behind him, this new record will generate far more than 10 million dollars, we basically make our money back after the record's released and selling. Say, if the record makes 20 million dollars, we'll all get back $2,000! Just look at the numbers. The CD will sell for $15, and if we get back just $10 for each CD, it would generate $50 million dollars if it just sells 5 million copies, and each of us would get back $5,000!

So just look at it as a short term loan to Morrissey. And hey, if you were to invest your money into anything, wouldn't it be in Morrissey?

YOU HAVE A GOOD BUSINESS SENSE. YOU SHOULD KEEP IN CONTACT WITH ME.

YOU DO NEED A LITTLE MORE PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS , BUT

I THINK YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME.

RONP

Face it, he's a greedy b*stard!!

Morrissey is a very wealthy man. He's been offered record deals but turned them down as they weren't guaranteeing him enough money. The harsh truth is that he could easily afford to accept a lesser offer and release an album. He doesn't because he is basically greedy. True he has many loyal fans like ourselves but after 5 years without an album, isn't it time he 'gave a little something' to us for staying loyal rather than the other way around???????

This argument just gets more and more irritating the longer time goes on. Morrissey is not some poor suffering indie artist. Morrissey could easily afford to record his own album, bring in a "big name" producer and release the album independantly.

Have a look at Gene? They've far less of a fortune than Morrissey, and yet have released two albums on their own label, done their own publicity etc. etc.

The problem is with Morrissey, not money. Morrissey wants a deal with a major, yet he is seen as "a risk", because his last few albums have sold quite poorly, and he's notorious for being hard to work with, hard to organise etc.

It's worth remembering why The Smiths refused to play "Live Aid". Morrissey was quoted as saying that he thought the whole thing was wrong. The Royal Family could have easily donated that sort of money without blinking, and yet the general public was expected to foot the bill. It's the same situation ..... we shouldn't feel sorry for Morrissey. He's orders of magnitude richer than all of us combined, probably. Morrissey will release a new album when an if he's made the right offer. it seems to me it's about prestige, about not swallowing ones' pride, and (sadly) it's about money.

STH

> Have a look at Gene? They've far less of a fortune than Morrissey, and yet
> have released two albums on their own label, done their own publicity etc.
> etc.

Two albums almost no one is aware of.

Morrissey's doing the right thing for now - touring.

The problem is the record industry, who aren't interested in anything
right now that isn't a potential multi-platinum piece of product.

> Two albums almost no one is aware of.

Well, not aware of in America. But then, they haven't jacked up a US distrubution deal just yet. But the album got good press/full page ads etc. in the UK music press last year.

I guess what I was saying was, Morrissey could do this much better, because he has more capital and more of a reputation.

> Morrissey's doing the right thing for now - touring.

> The problem is the record industry, who aren't interested in anything
> right now that isn't a potential multi-platinum piece of product.

Which is, of course, stupid. Look how the whole Mariah Carey thing backfired. getting paid to *not* make records, cause your last one was so crap. now that is easy money

I just hope that Morrissey has the decency to play some new songs in his new tour, and not just recycle the "greatest hits" tour of !Oye Esteban!