Lokeren - Lokerse Feesten (Aug. 4, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Alma Matters / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Scandinavia / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder / Speedway / Irish Blood, English Heart

set list provided by The Smiths Indeed

Video news report - deredactie.be. Link from an anonymous person.

Last edited:
AFICIONADOS only -

* lyric change, ever so slight in I KNOW IT'S OVER: : "while THEY are in each other's arms" [ instead of "they're"]
and: "love is natural and real - REALLY? - but NEVER for such as you and I"

* lyric change PARIS: "yes, you've made yourself MORE THAN plain."

Saw Mozzer 15 times since Dublin castle 2004, and as i remember i never heard a pop song being covered till today (Satellite of love).

It amazes me that people come to this site this far into the tour still expressing surprise that he's playing Satellite Of Love, which he's played virtually every gig since this tour began back in June (or whenever?) as Morrissey-Solo has constantly reported - one of the great positives of this site is its constant up to date posting of set lists after each gig.

Also, it is not unusual for Morrissey to pick a cover for each tour purely for live purposes as seems to have been the case with Sparks' Moon Over Kentucky and Buzzcocks' You Say You Don't Love Me neither of which were recorded/officially released. Satellite Of Love would seem to be this tour's equivalent?

Usual intro movies, in the same order as Stoke (for example). Operation drum intro did seem to last quite long. Anticipation...
Oh, by the way, I suddenly got the Stoke reference to "Margaret Row's??? house". It's a quote from 'Queenie's Castle'.... Look it up.

"Are you ready to take a risk?"
I WANT THE ONE I CAN'T HAVE
"thank you"
FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE "[during intro to the song:] Julia, nobody knows, nobody knows"
"thank you. thank you."
YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, FATTY (tambourine used)
"Do you have any objections? I shall give you time. You'll think of some."
YOU HAVE KILLED ME (lyric change: "what the hell is YOUR life for" & "I forgive you, because the night is made for lovers", "thank you")
"oh, the weather, oh, the weather, oh, the weather - what happened"
*** may I add at this point his voice was sometimes ever so slightly overstretched. perhaps the festival sound. perhaps not. ***
THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT
EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY ("on your face. on MY face? - on your FACE FACE FACE" - always a highlight!)
[over the outro to EVERYDAY: "all my life is buried here - bleak earth upon it" - an Oscar Wilde quote from his poem Requiescat]
"thank you - urgh urgh"
ALMA MATTERS [lyric change second chorus: "to someone, somewhere - in Antwerp, I DON'T KNOW"] mmm... what did he mean???
*** may I add at his point that he really, REALLY seemed into enunciating each word very clearly - you know what I mean - he did ***
ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL ["so somebody grab me while there's still time."]
"thank you. chanson Scandinavia."
SCANDINAVIA
SATELLITE OF LOVE [he still CANNOT STAND the tv]
band introductions: "Il y a Boz Boorer. Il y a Solomon Walker. Playing the drums - the drums! - is Matthew Walker. Playing the piano is Gustavo Manzur. And standing here is Jesse Tobi--i-i-i Jesse Tobias. Yes, you're very kind. [pretends to sneeze] Hatchoo."
I KNOW IT'S OVER
"thank you"
I'M THROWING MY ARMS AROUND PARIS ["I STUMBLE all over the place"]
"The wind is wuthering."
OUIJA BOARD, OUIJA BOARD
MEAT IS MURDER [Because this was a festival gig, we got to see the video's properly on the festival screens by the side of the stage - very powerful.]
(lyric change: "The meat in your GREAT BIG FAT MOUTH IS MURDER" and instead of 'how animals die' "but - do you care, do you care, do you care?"]
"Thank you. For those of you who listened - thank you."
SPEEDWAY [very long break mid-s0ng again]
[I noticed him mouthing or gesturing the next song to the band - possibly dropping one...?]
"Time's tide will smother you."
IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART
"God bless you."

1 hour 6 minutes. No encore. Exit: 'Death' (Klaus Nomi)

1 shirt change (none thrown) - from pink to sparkly red after Meat Is Murder.

Thank you so much.

Thank you Indeed for the brilliant review!
Will keep the trolls away.
Regards,
From Sweden

"I notice Mike 'Don't call me Jabba' Ashley - a man who makes Boz Boorer look like a WeightWatchers senior advisor - has decided to 'let Joey Barton go' from the Magpies. Free transferred Joey? Shocking stuff. Persecute me, by all means, but don't persecute my friends. Anyway it goes without saying I'm utterly devastated about this. I wouldn't care but I just forked out £7.7 million on the lazy toe-rag for my Man Utd side on Footie Manager 2011 (irritating habit of missing open goals, the c*nt). I can't help thinking I'd be better off retiring as 'Sir Steve Busby' and starting again with the updated database of FM 2012 in early September as 'Sir Steve Ferguson.' Get Joey on a free and pocket the £7 million. That's the businessman in me talking, I suppose. I haven't won forty successive games of Monopoly with my bandmates for no reason, you know. **Morrissey's note: Remember to pre-order FM 2012 asap. Return to this thought after the tour

If any of your want me to tour again, I strongly suggest you start writing some decent reviews of my live shows. Consider yourselves yellow-carded.

Morrissey"

Let's be having those reviews. Morrissey will not be impressed with this at all.

"I notice Mike 'Don't call me Jabba' Ashley - a man who makes Boz Boorer look like a WeightWatchers senior advisor - has decided to 'let Joey Barton go' from the Magpies. Free transferred Joey? Shocking stuff. Persecute me, by all means, but don't persecute my friends. Anyway it goes without saying I'm utterly devastated about this. I wouldn't care but I just forked out £7.7 million on the lazy toe-rag for my Man Utd side on Footie Manager 2011 (irritating habit of missing open goals, the c*nt). I can't help thinking I'd be better off retiring as 'Sir Steve Busby' and starting again with the updated database of FM 2012 in early September as 'Sir Steve Ferguson.' Get Joey on a free and pocket the £7 million. That's the businessman in me talking, I suppose. I haven't won forty successive games of Monopoly with my bandmates for no reason, you know. **Morrissey's note: Remember to pre-order FM 2012 asap. Return to this thought after the tour

If any of your want me to tour again, I strongly suggest you start writing some decent reviews of my live shows. Consider yourselves yellow-carded.

Morrissey"

Let's be having those reviews. Morrissey will not be impressed with this at all.

HELLO MR R SWIPE I KNOW THIS IS YOU Cant tell by the style of humour
xxx

It amazes me that people come to this site this far into the tour still expressing surprise that he's playing Satellite Of Love, which he's played virtually every gig since this tour began back in June (or whenever?) as Morrissey-Solo has constantly reported - one of the great positives of this site is its constant up to date posting of set lists after each gig.

There are people who do not follow the tour on the internet. I spoke to a lovely Belgian man and his wife or whatever it was and he had been a huge Smiths fan until Morrissey's release of Viva Hate and he was very much looking forward to Morrissey coming on stage, got his quiff all ready and such, his wife coloured her hair especially for Morrissey ;), but I was the one who updated him on what Morrissey currently plays. He named numerous of his songs, which I reckon are his favourites, and I told him that yes, no, sometimes they get played. He could sing along to the songs so well that I told him during I Know It's Over that he could well become a Morrissey impersonator. Somehow they even looked like brothers. He was completely out of touch with current Morrissey and this was Morrissey's chance to get him on board again.

Missed the Hearbreaks because the hot weather wore me out in the car so I made a longer stop at a garage and a shopping centre in Belgium, got to the venue with the second band of the festival playing which sounded good, nice to listen to. Third band was so repetitive however that I eventually thought "The things one endures for Morrissey" and it was a good reminder that I should clearly stay away from punk. When Morrissey came on stage and they started to play, him singing, I thought of the many people who complain about their playing and that every single one of the complainers needs a smack at the head. They are clearly amongst the most enjoyable ones to listen to.

At one point David came to my mind and I thought that it would have been a good thing if he had had the chance to go there and listen again in reality like I just did.

Most of their playing rushed past pretty quickly, but less so because I could not sing along. I sang long during the first song, but an instant turn of the head of the guy in front of me silenced me down. With the heat, then the heavy rain and the 6 feet under perspective I joked to the Belgians that this is now literally us travellers to the grave...

In my memory he came on stage, looked around before he started singing, looked to the front row and said something like "Oh Julia" with a very deep sigh. If you ask me, they are just doing their job the best they can. I was impressed by how caring Charlie is to make extra sure that everything is perfect for Morrissey to be on stage. The grass contrast between how it is all portrayed and changed in your head here always gets me. This is the main reason why I made the distinction in my head between Morrissey image and Morrissey person. Morrissey image is for me what you get through the media, his fans, but also his lyrics and the art involved. Morrissey person is the living breathing person.

He changed "please come around" to "please somebody come around". Or was it anybody? Something like this.

Some people complain about everything. Not what he said, but my comment to his comment.

YOU HAVE KILLED ME (lyric change: "what the hell is YOUR life for" & "I forgive you, because the night is made for lovers", "thank you").

He also said something like “Why do I sing this song now?”

band introductions: "Il y a Boz Boorer. Il y a Solomon Walker. Playing the drums - the drums! - is Matthew Walker. Playing the piano is Gustavo Manzur. And standing here is Jesse Tobi--i-i-i Jesse Tobias. Yes, you're very kind. [pretends to sneeze] Hatchoo."

Yes, sounded like a sneeze. I did not notice that he spoke French. Just like I did not notice that the New York Dolls were introduced in German. The Belgian suddenly said "Hey, that's for you?" and it took me a moment to get what he meant.

"The wind is wuthering."

A very good remark, because it was hot under my rain jacket and it made me realize that he was standing up there in his beautiful pink shirt in the wind. Even though 18-19°C warm, this can feel colder if you are sweaty or wet from drizzling rain. Could be that he played shorter for that reason despite the shirt change, because the festival organizers had told me that he'd be on stage for 1 hour 15 minutes. He still has three more concerts. However, why can't musicians just put on a rainjacket if they have to sing in such weather? Am I thinking too practically and too little image wise? If anybody were to judge me by my imagine yesterday, I'd be well a complete failure. :( Ok, let's see it this way: he canceled a concert in Sweden because of the weather, and as I got to the venue I half expected to be told that Morrissey was not going to play. He did however, for over an hour.

MEAT IS MURDER [Because this was a festival gig, we got to see the video's properly on the festival screens by the side of the stage - very powerful.]

I did not look. Only once briefly and it looked disgusting and the image is still in my head. I had the image of the dead bird in my head instead however as I did not look that I had buried two days before. It suddenly lay there dead in my garden. :( But if you feed about 50 wild birds I suppose it has to happen eventually that one of them dies there. The rest of the time I looked at one of the security guys in front of me and I am impressed how he kept looking at the images on the video screen. He surely took the information in.

Exit: 'Death' (Klaus Nomi)

I remember http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aq_N0bllCM
which was played right after Klaus Nomi then?

The sparkling dark red is with black.

When he sang Ouija Board I heard "I have to get through to my girlfriend" instead of "I have got to get through To a good friend".

[sure it wasnt Boyfriend????????????????????QUOTE=Anonymous;1986668465]When he sang Ouija Board I heard "I have to get through to my girlfriend" instead of "I have got to get through To a good friend".[/QUOTE]

[sure it wasnt Boyfriend????????????????????QUOTE=Anonymous;1986668465]When he sang Ouija Board I heard "I have to get through to my girlfriend" instead of "I have got to get through To a good friend".
[/QUOTE]

The video is online, you can always listen for yourself what he sang. You know the difference between "I heard" and "he sang" and "what I want he sang", don't you?

i really cant be arsed
he spouts all kinds of shite every time he appears
The video is online, you can always listen for yourself what he sang. You know the difference between "I heard" and "he sang" and "what I want he sang", don't you?[/QUOTE]

Usual intro movies, in the same order as Stoke (for example). Operation drum intro did seem to last quite long. Anticipation...
Oh, by the way, I suddenly got the Stoke reference to "Margaret Row's??? house". It's a quote from 'Queenie's Castle'.... Look it up.

"thank you"
FIRST OF THE GANG TO DIE "[during intro to the song:] Julia, nobody knows, nobody knows"
"thank you. thank you."
YOU'RE THE ONE FOR ME, FATTY (tambourine used)
YOU HAVE KILLED ME (lyric change: "what the hell is YOUR life for" & "I forgive you, because the night is made for lovers", "thank you")
"oh, the weather, oh, the weather, oh, the weather - what happened"
*** may I add at this point his voice was sometimes ever so slightly overstretched. perhaps the festival sound. perhaps not. ***
THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT
EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY ("on your face. on MY face? - on your FACE FACE FACE" - always a highlight!)
[over the outro to EVERYDAY: "all my life is buried here - bleak earth upon it" - an Oscar Wilde quote from his poem Requiescat]
"thank you - urgh urgh"
ALMA MATTERS [lyric change second chorus: "to someone, somewhere - in Antwerp, I DON'T KNOW"] mmm... what did he mean???
*** may I add at his point that he really, REALLY seemed into enunciating each word very clearly - you know what I mean - he did ***
ONE DAY GOODBYE WILL BE FAREWELL ["so somebody grab me while there's still time."]
"thank you. chanson Scandinavia."
SCANDINAVIA
SATELLITE OF LOVE [he still CANNOT STAND the tv]
I KNOW IT'S OVER
"thank you"
"The wind is wuthering."
OUIJA BOARD, OUIJA BOARD
(lyric change: "The meat in your GREAT BIG FAT MOUTH IS MURDER" and instead of 'how animals die' "but - do you care, do you care, do you care?"]
"Thank you. For those of you who listened - thank you."
SPEEDWAY [very long break mid-s0ng again]
[I noticed him mouthing or gesturing the next song to the band - possibly dropping one...?]
"Time's tide will smother you."
IRISH BLOOD, ENGLISH HEART
"God bless you."

1 hour 6 minutes. No encore. Exit: 'Death' (Klaus Nomi)

Think you for the great review!!

Don't miss Boz Boorer's Justin Bieber review (Never Say Never reviewed on IMDB) on www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com !!

Moz gives his verdict on the Canadian foetus - and lays into Newcastle boss Mike Cashley for releasing Joey Barton - that Orwell-quoting toe-rag.

You post links to that blog so often that it's almost as though you want people to think that you're the person who wrote it. I don't want to disillusion you, but, I don't think anybody's really that interested. Just to clear up the mystery and ease your feelings of suspense, though, tell us, is it your blog?

I wasn't there, but I read a news report the disturbed me. apparently it was a requisit of Morissey that no meat was sold at the Lokerse Feesten or he would not preform, if this is true I must say that it's a bit sad. I have no problem with Vegan people, everyone has their right of oppinion, but don't go forcing it on other people.
I just wanted to mention this, call me a troll if you want, I don't mind, I just wanted to post my oppinion

IF Morrissey does arrive in amerika/the Jews-toilet -bowl, he and his band and crew will have to go through T.S.A. High power radar scanners, over & over again. Or ... Let T.S.A fondle his gonads . YUP, change that IF to a big time YES! Oh by the way, chico is with Moz for the money all the beaners spend to see him. Now, a little humor eh? Why are there so many mexicans? Their female off spring are born pregnant!

Troll post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom