London - The SSE Arena Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
No theatres in London were shut on Saturday.

The Old Vic & the Arcola will shut tomorrow. Some up & coming shows have been postponed, with their current shows still open.

They're waiting for government advice (& financial assistance).

Many theatres reported zero attendance on Saturday which is why they are now choosing to close. Several artists have chosen to cancel submitting messages saying they care for the health of their fans and so are postponing. Many organisations such as all football are ignoring government advice because they believe it is flawed and are shutting down.

Latest

Endgame at the Old Vic theatre cancels last two weeks of its run.
Human Rights Watch film festival, which started on 12 March and was due to run until 20 March, cancelled.
• Disney postpones indefinitely release of Mulan, The New Mutants and Antlers.
Steve Martin and Martin Short cancel shows in Dublin and London (13-15 March).
Record Store Day postponed until June.
Rage Against the Machine postpones tour (26 March to 20 May), new dates TBA.
London Irish Centre announces cancellation of St Patricks Day events.
Rathbones Folio prize ceremony cancelled, winner will be announced 23 March.
International Booker prize shortlist ceremony cancelled (was 2 April).
Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike at Charing Cross Theatre postponed.

Turbine Theatre released a press release saying that due to their concerns for their visitors health and their staff they are cancelling all performances.

No, you haven't.

Oh yes I have but I guess you have access to my email and no better?

I've had this email many times and many others form gigsandtours, ticketmaster etc etc

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] Morrissey

[TD valign="top"]Morrissey will perform at The SSE Arena, Wembley this Saturday, which will be a do-not-miss affair! His 13th solo album ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ is also due for release on 20th March.[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] Embrace [/TD]

[TD valign="top"]Embrace will be celebrating their two most successful albums to date, ‘The Good Will Out’ and ‘Out of Nothing' at Leeds First Direct Arena this Saturday, supported by Starsailor and CUD .[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

Many theatres reported zero attendance on Saturday which is why they are now choosing to close. Several artists have chosen to cancel submitting messages saying they care for the health of their fans and so are postponing. Many organisations such as all football are ignoring government advice because they believe it is flawed and are shutting down.

Latest

Endgame at the Old Vic theatre cancels last two weeks of its run.
Human Rights Watch film festival, which started on 12 March and was due to run until 20 March, cancelled.
• Disney postpones indefinitely release of Mulan, The New Mutants and Antlers.
Steve Martin and Martin Short cancel shows in Dublin and London (13-15 March).
Record Store Day postponed until June.
Rage Against the Machine postpones tour (26 March to 20 May), new dates TBA.
London Irish Centre announces cancellation of St Patricks Day events.
Rathbones Folio prize ceremony cancelled, winner will be announced 23 March.
International Booker prize shortlist ceremony cancelled (was 2 April).
Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike at Charing Cross Theatre postponed.

Turbine Theatre released a press release saying that due to their concerns for their visitors health and their staff they are cancelling all performances.

All the theatres were open on Saturday. No one had zero attendance, not even at the matinees.

And no one is cancelling because they love their fans more than Morrissey does. ???They've either got a key HR panicking or they're anticipating the shut down.

No, you haven't.

I had quite a few "last chance for Morrissey" emails over the past week or so.

It was quieter than that.

20-30% quieter each time... so that makes it 20-30% less than the 2018 shows, which were probably less than the 2015 shows. The idea of a Moz tour in the UK being just 2 half-sold arena shows was unthinkable in terms of demand even five years ago.

Oh yes I have but I guess you have access to my email and no better?

I've had this email many times and many others form gigsandtours, ticketmaster etc etc

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] Morrissey

[TD valign="top"]Morrissey will perform at The SSE Arena, Wembley this Saturday, which will be a do-not-miss affair! His 13th solo album ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ is also due for release on 20th March.[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] Embrace [/TD]

[TD valign="top"]Embrace will be celebrating their two most successful albums to date, ‘The Good Will Out’ and ‘Out of Nothing' at Leeds First Direct Arena this Saturday, supported by Starsailor and CUD .[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

4ck me that’s hilarious :laughing:
“Do not miss affair ?”

The British public have delivered a very strong message to Steven on this huge two date tour of the UK. ???????

??:knife:

All the theatres were open on Saturday. No one had zero attendance, not even at the matinees.

And no one is cancelling because they love their fans more than Morrissey does. ???They've either got a key HR panicking or they're anticipating the shut down.

Maybe you should look at what some theatres are saying. I think you mistake love of money with love of fans.

Anybody putting on a gathering like this in the middle of a health emergency with a virus that is spread easily is irresponsible.

Did you also see Damien Dempsey's cancellation notice when he cancelled his London show on Saturday:

Damien Dempsey
March 13 at 6:24 PM ·
Greetings from Kilburn my friends
It was with a heavy heart that myself, John and David took the decision this morning to cancel the Electric Ballroom show.
We felt the British government aren’t at the moment properly looking out for the welfare of the people over here, so we’re taking this responsibility on ourselves for our fans who were coming tomorrow night.
We were so looking forward to seeing you all over here after a year away and celebrating Saint Patricks Weekend the best way we know how, by singing in beautiful unison, becoming one big living breathing vibrating entity, full of love light, healing and empathy, and having one of the singsongs of the century.
We hated aswell letting people down who travelled, bought flights and hotels, we done the same ourselves for our brilliant band and crew.
But the thoughts of maybe people catching this deadly virus at the show, and getting seriously ill or worse, or passing it on to loved ones or strangers, and making them seriously ill or worse, we just couldnt do it.
The health of the incredible fans and incredible genius band and magical crew and the great Ian Prowse and brilliant Junior Brother has to come first.
But the show would'nt have been the same. We need a certain vibration for everyone to be on, together, and to create a great show, we all have to let go, and i dont think we could have properly achieved that because of the highly unusual present situation.
We have re scheduled the show to ‪the 25th of July‬, will be a really nice time to do a show in London, balmy then, and please Jah things have normalised a little by then, if not we can all wear boiler suits and gas masks and have a sweaty muffly sing along.
We were also due to perform in Trafalgar Square at the Patricks Weekend Festival on Sunday, to what is usually from 20 up to 50 thousand people, with Imelda May and Ian Prowse guesting for a couple of songs, so an epic weekend has come to an end before it started but loads more of them to come and to sing all our cares away together at in the future. Big thanks and shout out to Gary Dunne and all at the Camden Irish Centre and all at the Electric Ballroom.
So apologies again to anyone who was coming tommorrow. But its not worth risking all your health and your loved ones health in mass gatherings at this minute, it is our wealth in the end. We’ll do it again really soon, get a big bag of cheap cans tommorrow, alcohol or soda, whatever your into, and a few bin bags of tayto and have a singsong anyway wherever youse are, youtube will strike up the mood, grá mór and stay safe till this blows over my friends. Im gona post up over the next while some of my favourite books, movies and albums, a few suggestion for our little hibernation to come, big big love, Damo X
PS
I think the government and lending institutions and corporations need to cut people who this will affect badly a big lot of slack. And if they refuse to we should all refuse to pay our bills on masse like we for a while in 2015, this kind of thing puts the fear of God into these institutions and is only fair if their being unfair.

I had quite a few "last chance for Morrissey" emails over the past week or so.

20-30% quieter each time... so that makes it 20-30% less than the 2018 shows, which were probably less than the 2015 shows. The idea of a Moz tour in the UK being just 2 half-sold arena shows was unthinkable in terms of demand even five years ago.

A few email reminders is not heavily pushing something. It's the bare minimum.

Meh. He's got an audience & he'll keep going. Showbiz is ups & downs. Most people wouldn't survive that press at all, nevermind it putting a bit of a spring in his step. He loves trouble.

Meh. He's got an audience & he'll keep going. Showbiz is ups & downs. Most people wouldn't survive that press at all, nevermind it putting a bit of a spring in his step. He loves trouble.

Bollocks. If it had sold out, Wembley wouldn't send out emails every couple of days reminding you its your last chance to buy tickets.

For his management and his record company it is a disaster. That is why they are leaving him behind after this release. You can make up whatever you wish but a couple of poor arenas when he used to be able to sell out a huge arena tour in minutes isn't any sign of an showbiz up and down. It is a business catastrophe and without a record company he will find himself at a loss for how to continue. He is classed in the business as a toxic risk. Prime example of self destruction.

It isn't your business when there is a public health emergency. You have a responsibility to society. Yo can be carrying that virus but not know it as could all the people you were standing next to. This is how it is spreading. How do you know you are not next to someone at any time with a health condition? You don't need to sneeze on someone. You just need to breath out.

People without health problems who have got the virus and become ill are getting lung scarring which will reduce lung capacity and could take decades to recover from.

It is irresponsible. Your hand sanitiser won't stop it.
Boris Johnson and his government are irresponsible. If they said shut down the theatres and concerts there would be no issue. Why do they not see it as a public health emergency?

Maybe you should look at what some theatres are saying. I think you mistake love of money with love of fans.

Anybody putting on a gathering like this in the middle of a health emergency with a virus that is spread easily is irresponsible.

Did you also see Damien Dempsey's cancellation notice when he cancelled his London show on Saturday:

Damien Dempsey
March 13 at 6:24 PM ·
Greetings from Kilburn my friends
It was with a heavy heart that myself, John and David took the decision this morning to cancel the Electric Ballroom show.
We felt the British government aren’t at the moment properly looking out for the welfare of the people over here, so we’re taking this responsibility on ourselves for our fans who were coming tomorrow night.
We were so looking forward to seeing you all over here after a year away and celebrating Saint Patricks Weekend the best way we know how, by singing in beautiful unison, becoming one big living breathing vibrating entity, full of love light, healing and empathy, and having one of the singsongs of the century.
We hated aswell letting people down who travelled, bought flights and hotels, we done the same ourselves for our brilliant band and crew.
But the thoughts of maybe people catching this deadly virus at the show, and getting seriously ill or worse, or passing it on to loved ones or strangers, and making them seriously ill or worse, we just couldnt do it.
The health of the incredible fans and incredible genius band and magical crew and the great Ian Prowse and brilliant Junior Brother has to come first.
But the show would'nt have been the same. We need a certain vibration for everyone to be on, together, and to create a great show, we all have to let go, and i dont think we could have properly achieved that because of the highly unusual present situation.
We have re scheduled the show to ‪the 25th of July‬, will be a really nice time to do a show in London, balmy then, and please Jah things have normalised a little by then, if not we can all wear boiler suits and gas masks and have a sweaty muffly sing along.
We were also due to perform in Trafalgar Square at the Patricks Weekend Festival on Sunday, to what is usually from 20 up to 50 thousand people, with Imelda May and Ian Prowse guesting for a couple of songs, so an epic weekend has come to an end before it started but loads more of them to come and to sing all our cares away together at in the future. Big thanks and shout out to Gary Dunne and all at the Camden Irish Centre and all at the Electric Ballroom.
So apologies again to anyone who was coming tommorrow. But its not worth risking all your health and your loved ones health in mass gatherings at this minute, it is our wealth in the end. We’ll do it again really soon, get a big bag of cheap cans tommorrow, alcohol or soda, whatever your into, and a few bin bags of tayto and have a singsong anyway wherever youse are, youtube will strike up the mood, grá mór and stay safe till this blows over my friends. Im gona post up over the next while some of my favourite books, movies and albums, a few suggestion for our little hibernation to come, big big love, Damo X
PS
I think the government and lending institutions and corporations need to cut people who this will affect badly a big lot of slack. And if they refuse to we should all refuse to pay our bills on masse like we for a while in 2015, this kind of thing puts the fear of God into these institutions and is only fair if their being unfair.

I know what theatres are saying. I've written some of it.

Why would you ever have been a Morrissey fan if you need fluffy notices from singers? It was never his thing.

Boris Johnson and his government are irresponsible. If they said shut down the theatres and concerts there would be no issue. Why do they not see it as a public health emergency?

Because government have a flawed way of dealing with this. It wouldnt be the first time a Tory government does the wrong thing. This is why the likes of Chris Packham and a large group of scientists have written to Boris asking him to stop gatherings and to implement much stronger tactics to prevent this from spreading. They do see it as an emergency but they are not dealing with it wisely and they are not being open about what they already know.

Back
Top Bottom