Madonna on Liveearth

snapyou

Humdee,dumdee,homocide
f***ING HELL:what a set!
Diverse,crazy,rocking,mad,energetic and fab

Loved how different all 4 performances were:
start off with a slow ballad c/w with English schoolkids choir in uniform
move on to one of the most "rawking" performances I've ever seen turning Wembley into a jumping mass
then,why not go on to an almost sublime/weird Eurovision version of La Isla Bonita complete with the craziest gypsies on earth

and finish off wth Jump transorming Wembley into a club i would actually like to have been at.

Total respect to MAD donna...

Oh!....and loveing her go all Jesus and Mary Chain at the end of Ray of Light

Truly the MILF of MILFs!

move on to one of the most "rawking" performances I've ever seen turning Wembley into a jumping mass
then,why not go on to an almost sublime/weird Eurovision version of La Isla Bonita complete with the craziest gypsies on earth

and finish off wth Jump transorming Wembley into a club i would actually like to have been at.

Oh!....and loveing her go all Jesus and Mary Chain at the end of Ray of Light

Truly the MILF of MILFs!

I'm honestly not sure whether or not you're being sarcastic. If you are, bravo. If not...:(

Coiff.

No sarcasm or irony in my post.
I really mean every word i say about her performance:it was one of the most exciting perfect sets I've ever seen

The performance of Ray of Light was incredible in her black dress in heels with electric guitar strapped on and taking over the crowd of 60,OOO

Not bad for a wee 48 year old woman from Michigan.

Hats off to that woman!

she was f***ing amazing!!!!
she made me want to get up and dance and that says a lot coming from a grumpy misery guts like me.
she looked great too.

Gogol Bordello sold out. it's all very sad...

Yeah, I was listening to the radio broadcast and immediately recognised Eugene Hutz's vocals bizarrely alongside Madonna. I now have very little respect for them, which is sad cause they're a great band. And talented...unlike Madge. :(

In what way have they "sold out"?

By lowering themselves to being Madonna's backing group! Even by having anything to do with that woman, it's the worst form of sell-out.

Coiff.

. And talented...unlike Madge. :(

By lowering themselves to being Madonna's backing group! Even by having anything to do with that woman, it's the worst form of sell-out.

Coiff.

So,do you think MAdonna has no talent?
AND why do you think it's a "sell-out"? What does that mean ?!

Thought they were pure Eurovision or extras from Borat

So,do you think MAdonna has no talent?
AND why do you think it's a "sell-out"? What does that mean ?!

Thought they were pure Eurovision or extras from Borat

No, I don't think she's that talented. Her lyrics are uninspired, the music's not much better. Sure, she can write a decent pop hook, but so can thousands of other artists. I don't know what makes her so special. She can dance though, so if that's all you require from a musician I suppose she serves your purpose fairly well. They sold-out because they are a very talented band of musicians with their own individual style (gypsy punks) who pride themselves on being outside of the mainstream. But instead they decided to try and gain maximum exposure by clinging to Madonna's coat tails. That's selling out. If Moz did a duet with Robbie Williams (*snigger*), I think most of us would agree that he had sold-out.

Coiff.

Madonna gives good show. I became I fan again when I saw her conert they aired on tv last Thanksgiving. As soon as that came on DVD/CD I bought it.
I was shocked that she really sang and sang quite good!!!

I'm not a huge fan of Madonna, and I don't have any of her records. But I really enjoyed her set last night. She's getting better as she gets older.

Still, I won't buy any of her albums. Not yet. But certainly the next Gogol Bordello one.

Last edited:
Madonna gives good show. I became I fan again when I saw her conert they aired on tv last Thanksgiving. As soon as that came on DVD/CD I bought it.
I was shocked that she really sang and sang quite good!!!

I was shocked at the amount of bum notes she hit last night :eek:

Coiff.

If Moz did a duet with Robbie Williams (*snigger*), I think most of us would agree that he had sold-out.

Coiff.[/QUOTE]

Eh? I really don't understand your concept of "selling out".
Surely,it's up to the individual artists what they want to do.
I would say trying not to antagonise your "audience" would be selling out.
Andwhy "snigger" for Robbie Williams?

i think he should a duet with Will Young instead; he's hotter and younger than Robbie:D

if you don't know this, then what do you know?

Perhaps you can enlighten me,then?
IF the people involved want to do a project together..it's up to them.I certainly don't see it as "selling out" ( a ridiculous phrase meaning very little)

Back
Top Bottom