Major Tour of Japan, NZ and More Announced

You must be so proud.

You must lighten up a bit. It's not 1983 anymore. You're allowed to see the positive side of things. Yes, you're going to spend a fortune on the exact same thing 3 or 4 times, but think of your wonderful collection of ultimately worthless Morrissey stuff! It'll look great with a new single in there! Positive. Fun. Enjoy. These are your 3 words for 2012. A gift from me to you. Take note of them. In fact, scratch them on your arm with a fountain pen. You seem that type.

Is it safe to assume that this means we might finally have a record deal with EMI?

I don't think so.

In Japan if an artist / band will tour the country, their record company releases a Japan tour commemoration EP / mini album.

You must lighten up a bit. It's not 1983 anymore. You're allowed to see the positive side of things. Yes, you're going to spend a fortune on the exact same thing 3 or 4 times, but think of your wonderful collection of ultimately worthless Morrissey stuff! It'll look great with a new single in there! Positive. Fun. Enjoy. These are your 3 words for 2012. A gift from me to you. Take note of them. In fact, scratch them on your arm with a fountain pen. You seem that type.

Many thanks for sharing your wisdom with me, I'll remember to contact you if I ever need advice again.
Good night.

Couldn't give a shit about the gigs, but the single re-issue is interesting.. are they testing the waters, so to speak?

If the re-issue is basically a shortened version of this shite, they can stick it up their collective jumpers.

Dear God, that's bad. It's a pity he couldn't persuade Sparks to remix "That's How People Grow Up", since he's so proud of it :rolleyes:. Does he really think a remixed, re-released version of a 24 year old song will generate any new interest from record labels?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear God, that's bad. It's a pity he couldn't persuade Sparks to remix "That's How People Grow Up", since he's so proud of it :rolleyes:. Does he really think a remixed, re-released version of a 24 year old song will generate any new interest from record labels?

I'm loving this. Don't know why. Morrissey's voice so to-the-fore in the mix? Not sure, but I am behind a silly volume of Bombay Sapphire.

The key thing about this release will, no doubt, be the B-Side, which will be a new unknown song. Which may or may not be titled: "Shotgun Solution, Alain" (Morrissey/Marr) :confused: :horny:

Last edited:

This isn't aimed for getting a new contract.

Japanese record companies have a habit to release a special EP / mini album when their artists are touring the country.

This isn't aimed for getting a new contract.

Japanese record companies have a habit to release a special EP / mini album when their artists are touring the country.

I assumed the single was kind of separate from the tour and would be a standard UK release - is it just going to be some shitty little Japanese cash-in thing then?

Many thanks for sharing your wisdom with me, I'll remember to contact you if I ever need advice again.
Good night.

And I will contact you if I feel you need a little help. I'll be watching out for you. There's so much love here right now that I may have to go to bed and sleep it off.
Good night all.

I'll take it, it's close enough to Australia! I was very excited to see this tour announced this morning. Now, to decide between Japan or New Zealand.

Seeing the words and EMI and "Suedehead" together in the same sentence makes me want to read far more into the following message from one Stephen Street:

I have a very exciting session planned for the new year but will tell you about that when it actually gets into action! Until then it just remains for me to wish you all a very happy and peaceful Christmas and New Year!

It couldn't be that that though, could it?

Couldn't give a shit about the gigs, but the single re-issue is interesting.. are they testing the waters, so to speak?

They must be. A CD and a ten-inch? Of the Sparks remix? There's no way that's not a loss-maker in this day and age. So why else would they be doing it?

(BTW I don't buy the idea of a Japan tour tie-in. That does happen in some countries, but I think it would be unusual for the artist's former label to do it. For one thing, how did they know there was going to be a tour?).

I really hope that the tour extends to Taiwan (where I'm living at the moment) but, if not, I could always use this as an excuse to fly over to Japan (praying, of course, that he doesn't cancel the show)!

I'm thrilled that there's a new Morrissey release for this year, but that remix is just... not very good.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm always pleased for those who finally get to see the Man in their "far off places" (like the Chile news just the other day) so it's nice to be on the receiving end...ahem.

If it were one tour date I might be a little cross-my-fingers, but 10 dates? I'm being very, very optimistic.

When he cancelled Fuji Rock in 2004 I felt exactly the same as I would if a family member or good friend suddenly weren't able to make the trip -- crestfallen, but not angry. Thailand is a fantastic country. If I somehow can get the money together I'd love to see him there, too.

Librarian -- I truly hope he does not cancel NZ. After such a long time the atmosphere at the shows is sure to be euphoric!

Back
Top Bottom