Marc Almond's tense "hook up" with Moz

Hello!
You seem to be quite furious about those two guys. I think it would have been strange if they had cried when witnessing what happened to you...:pDo you really think they were that cruel?:confused: Have you ever seen them after that?:D Did you write a bad review because of that?:cool:

*sigh*

Can we not be unpleasant towards her? She didn't do anything to us and I can see where Almond's book might have been a bit upsetting for her.

*sigh*

Can we not be unpleasant towards her? She didn't do anything to us and I can see where Almond's book might have been a bit upsetting for her.

I think Moz'Art is only asking a question. Which is fair enough since Gill posted on a public forum. I am guessing maybe wrongly she (gill) has made her point and left.

I think Moz'Art is only asking a question. Which is fair enough since Gill posted on a public forum. I am guessing maybe wrongly she (gill) has made her point and left.

I suppose.

I just hate to imagine myself negatively portrayed in a book. I feel guilty for posting it and joking around about it now.

I don't like to hurt people's feelings. (Unless they try to hurt mine first.)

Thank you! Yes, I was just asking some questions.:confused:
I don't understand why I am unpleasant here. I don't understand why Gill thinks they were so cruel or unrespectful towards her. If they had laughed because she had hurt himself, Ok. But because she was drunk? :confused:

have you seen this :morrisssey and george michael at a uk tv show..its only 5 minutes..so not the whole show,,i think its about 15-20 minutes where they talk about joy divsion, a breakdance movie and the band "everything but the girl"#

I love how the screen goes GREY when Morrissey comes on for the first time, and then it switches to someone else and it goes back to colour again. Awesome coincidence. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Yes, I was just asking some questions.:confused:
I don't understand why I am unpleasant here. I don't understand why Gill thinks they were so cruel or unrespectful towards her. If they had laughed because she had hurt himself, Ok. But because she was drunk? :confused:

I read it as Marc Almond was cruel and unrespectful by writing the piece in the first place. "I was dragged out ..."makes her sound like she was some sort of overpowering celebutard cupid.

I read it as Marc Almond was cruel and unrespectful by writing the piece in the first place. "I was dragged out ..."makes her sound like she was some sort of overpowering celebutard cupid.
Ah, ok.:) English is not my first language, so I don't know the exact meaning of every word.:cool: Marc Almond is maybe cruel, but more than Morrissey here, no?

That's right.

Imagine if one of your friends wrote about you in those terms. You'd feel somewhat betrayed, I think.

I'm pretty sure I would.

Oh brother.

Gill, if you really are the person in the anecdote, forgive me if I feel you are being a bit oversensitive. All he wrote was that you got drunk and a bit overemotional, it's not the worst thing that can be written about someone.

And if you are a music journalist I'm sure you've written the odd critical piece about artists haven't you? Don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot? :D

Hmmm

Hello!
You seem to be quite furious about those two guys. I think it would have been strange if they had cried when witnessing what happened to you...
Do you really think they were that cruel?
Have you ever seen them after that?
Did you write a bad review because of that?

Gill was not furious, but not very happy about two things:

- she's unhappy about Marc's account of the meeting which he made her a laughing stock

- she's cross with Scarlet to post the extract of Marc's autobiogrophy where he mentioned about her

Gill didn't say anything bad about Morrissey.

Re: Hmmm

Gill was not furious, but not very happy about two things:

- she's unhappy about Marc's account of the meeting which he made her a laughing stock

- she's cross with Scarlet to post the extract of Marc's autobiogrophy where he mentioned about her

Gill didn't say anything bad about Morrissey.

"I was actually quite pissed off when I read this episode in his book as I didn't like the idea of being laughed at in such a cruel way or held up as an object of fun for a cheap laugh, especially when I had mistakenly thought that both parties had some degree of respect for me. "
I understand the word "both" involves Steven Patrick.:cool:

I've laughed at all my friends when they've been drunk. Doesn't mean I don't respect my friends. Drunk people are funny. They've usually had a laugh about it the next day too.

As I said, oversensitive.

While I didn't expect them to cry, it's one thing to have a good laugh behind my back and take the piss out of me in private, quite another to then write about it. Of course I didn't write a bad review after I'd read this! The book came out years after I'd hung up my music biz pen. It just hurt because I'd spent years championing Marc in print (and at a time when not everyone in the press adored him) and never said a bad word against him. He was always the first person up in arms if anyone dared to make him look a fool in print. He once came into the Record Mirror offices before I worked there and set about the features editor with a whip for writing something mildly unpleasant about him!
Sorry if you all feel I'm being over sensitive - I've taken it on the chin many a time (and sometimes, literally!) over what I'd written about people and if I'd slagged Marc off, then fair deal! Entienden?

OI YOU LOT!!! Enough of the judging, already! For your information, I am that Gill Smith (although Marc, bless his little dyslexic cotton socks, didn't spell my name correctly) and this little evening out that turned into such an embarrassment for me was simply a case of introducing two people whom I thought might get on

on your night out, was morrissey gay?

Back
Top Bottom