Meat Is Murder out-takes

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Not heard this before, though some of you may have.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhdHdlYA0q8[/video]

P.

Holy Sh*t!

Thanks for this Peter - and to whoever uploaded it to youtube. Any chance of some decent MP3s? Can someone at least download the tracks before YT remove them - my normal MP3 converter for YT isn't working...

Dave

From Rusholme Ruffians - 'The pulses beat are mine'?

Dave

These are from that "Unreleased Demos & Instrumentals" bootleg vinyl that was leaked on here last year I believe, yes?

Fairly sure all this stuff is already available on boots. Mainly the one mcrickson mentioned. I need to check the time but I assume Headmaster is the Phil Brown Edit and HSIN is one of the Peel mixes, or else from the Italian pressing of William.

Thanks skinny, The Headmaster Ritual is one of the finest Smiths tracks they've done. I still sounds like a breath of fresh air.

The uploader of this clip, "hipsterdisco" (try not to gag) gives some information regarding these tracks, but not much. They are hardly all Meat Is Murder outtakes, for one thing.

Here is what I know...

Rusholme Ruffians is the studio demo available on the bootleg Demos and Instrumentals.

This Night Has Opened My Eyes is the unreleased studio version, also leaked on Demos and Instrumentals.

I Misses You is a late Meat Is Murder-era instrumental studio jam; the version here is the same one leaked on Demos and Instrumentals. This is supposedly not the complete tape of the track, according to Simon Goddard.

The Headmaster Ritual is the Phil Brown Edit, originally issued (I believe) on the US 7" release of How Soon Is Now.

How Soon Is Now is from the Italian pressing of William, It Was Really Nothing.

The disclaimer under the Youtube clip claims there is "no offsite download for these tracks" or something like that, which is bullshit. These tracks have been circulating for years.

The Demos and Instrumentals bootleg was originally leaked here by Motorways but his link is long dead. Other rips of that boot can be found here:

Smithstorrents
Analog Loyalist

All tracks from this YouTube clip can be found here:
Never Heard Symphonies

The uploader of this clip, "hipsterdisco" (try not to gag) gives some information regarding these tracks, but not much. They are hardly all Meat Is Murder outtakes, for one thing.

Here is what I know...

Rusholme Ruffians is the studio demo available on the bootleg Demos and Instrumentals.

This Night Has Opened My Eyes is the unreleased studio version, also leaked on Demos and Instrumentals.

I Misses You is a late Meat Is Murder-era instrumental studio jam; the version here is the same one leaked on Demos and Instrumentals. This is supposedly not the complete tape of the track, according to Simon Goddard.

The Headmaster Ritual is the Phil Brown Edit, originally issued (I believe) on the US 7" release of How Soon Is Now.

How Soon Is Now is from the Italian pressing of William, It Was Really Nothing.

The disclaimer under the Youtube clip claims there is "no offsite download for these tracks" or something like that, which is bullshit. These tracks have been circulating for years.

The Demos and Instrumentals bootleg was originally leaked here by Motorways but his link is long dead. Other rips of that boot can be found here:

Smithstorrents
Analog Loyalist

All tracks from this YouTube clip can be found here:
Never Heard Symphonies

Thanks for all the info , Skylarker

Back
Top Bottom