Meeting Morrissey

MORRIZSEY

Wrong species
Has anyone waited at the stage door before a concert to meet Morrissey? If so what was your experience?

Someone i know said he shook his hand outside Hall for Cornwall. This may or may not be true, i was in the pub :)

well after the gig at the lowry a few years ago a decided to wait for the one and only and i said hello nervously pushed up my arm so i could wave at him and he said hello and smiled and then got into his merc a think it was and left me out in cold the swine hahah

Thanks for the replies friends. I may try to see him this way at the UK concerts in spring time. Does he usually turn up early afternoon? I've seen him live many times, but haven't queued at the stage door before a concert.

Only done it once, after a gig at Wembley Arena in 1991. He came out in a long cream coloured coat and the security ended up overwhelmed by fans, so they led him back into the venue. A few minutes (and many more security staff) later, the door opened and he came out just again, just as two arms lifted me in the air and carried me away. I'm 6 foot 2, so not bad going!

This was when he used to travel in the tour coach. So he ran onto it and quickly went to the back where the windows were blanked out. Then security were overcome by fans again and the coach was surrounded with people banging on the side. I remember Gary Day found it very funny as he spoke to (a hidden) Morrissey. When the coach finally got away, Morrissey appeared eating a packet of crisps.

well after the gig at the lowry a few years ago a decided to wait for the one and only and i said hello nervously pushed up my arm so i could wave at him and he said hello and smiled and then got into his merc a think it was and left me out in cold the swine hahah

Ha no way I was there too! It got to the point where I was the only person left and he came back and STILL didn't come over. I shouted at him that I'd been waiting for him for 8 hours and he sent his tour manager over and he signed 2 of my 7s-

Redondo Beach 7

You Have Killed Me 7

ive waited before and it seems like he just comes in at the last minute so he is rushed right in.
you can try to show up way before the sound check but i doubt it would be any different.
good luck!

He's a fan of the elipses. Someone once pointed out that I was using too many of them and so I stopped because I was embarrassed.

I will get a moz signature tattooed on me this week...

...IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO.
if you are down for this conquest, let me know.
No poseurs.
This is a matter of life or death.
if you left your water wings at home, stay in the shallow end.

lets do it.

i want his signature and "life is a pigsty" or one or the other on my ankle.
I will do anything to get this, literally anything.

get at me, lets find him somewhere between philly and nyc.
I will be at the academy of arts, webster, and carnegie, and might show up to bowery just to sneak in and/or try to meet him.

Ha no way I was there too! It got to the point where I was the only person left and he came back and STILL didn't come over. I shouted at him that I'd been waiting for him for 8 hours and he sent his tour manager over and he signed 2 of my 7s-

Redondo Beach 7

You Have Killed Me 7

That first 7 rules! Good job!

Re: I will get a moz signature tattooed on me this week...

...IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO.
if you are down for this conquest, let me know.
No poseurs.
This is a matter of life or death.
if you left your water wings at home, stay in the shallow end.

lets do it.

i want his signature and "life is a pigsty" or one or the other on my ankle.
I will do anything to get this, literally anything.

get at me, lets find him somewhere between philly and nyc.
I will be at the academy of arts, webster, and carnegie, and might show up to bowery just to sneak in and/or try to meet him.

You have your best bet probably catching him before or after a show that you are not attending. Back in 92 I recall only seeing him outside the doors of the shows (television appearances I think it was letterman or something) that I did not have tickets too... this, because he always came in while we on line or inside... and always rushed out before we could get to the doors... or used some other door I guess. It was a while back and when I was 16 I was pretty damn persistent and could slither just about anywhere humanly accessible with absolutely no shame whatsoever... But he knows how to do it very well. Why not try to attain this outside Bowery with its limited entrances and ground to cover while everyone with a ticket is piled up on line.

Re: I will get a moz signature tattooed on me this week...

You have your best bet probably catching him before or after a show that you are not attending. Back in 92 I recall only seeing him outside the doors of the shows - television appearances - (I think it was letterman or something) that I did not have tickets too... this, because he always came in while we on line or inside... and always rushed out before we could get to the doors... or used some other door I guess. It was a while back and when I was 16 I was pretty damn persistent and could slither just about anywhere humanly accessible with absolutely no shame whatsoever... But he knows how to do it very well. Why not try to attain this outside Bowery with its limited entrances and ground to cover while everyone with a ticket is piled up on line.

yeah that was my plan, try to at bowery, if it fails, just get on the bus to philly right then and there. Also, jimmy fallon monday is another option for me!!!!

Back
Top Bottom