Message to Morrissey Management

if she had bought the entire front row, I would agree. But she didn't even buy ONE ticket.

I agree entirely with the point you originally made, I was just being aloof and flippant.

I've read numerous times on the tour section of the main site comments regarding her lack of concern for fans who's seat she has taken. I seem to remember one tale involving a fan getting extremely stressed mere moments before Morrissey was due to come on pleading for the seat they had paid for only to be told, repeatedly, "Don't worry about it!" by Ms. Riley. Hmm..

I suppose until it happens to me I'll never be truly able to empathise. However, I still don't understand, despite her overall deism in the world of Morrissey, you didn't really take issue with her concerning her seat stealing and demand an explaination and, failing that, drag security into the issue - unless I've missed a rather obvious post in the thread...

even if we had her money I bet no one on this board would go to every single gig! I don't understand how she can not get a bit bored of it! there can't be much excitement in living someone else's life - even Morrissey has not mentioned her at every gig like he used to! Anyway its her life so she can do what she wants but why doesnt she just by a fu*king ticket like the rest of us have to do!

The problem with calling security, is that how did she get there in the first place?
To get access to the first few rows, usually you have to show that you have a ticket for the seats in question as you approach those seats.
So security must 'be in the know' and let her through to begin with. So calling security would appear fruitless as they allowed her there to begin with:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Anyway its her life so she can do what she wants but why doesnt she just by a fu*king ticket like the rest of us have to do!

I think the issue of getting in is one thing, it's the front row thing that is the issue.
I have a friend who promotes lots of bands and I regularily get on the guest list at gigs at bands she is promoting, but they have all been standing and I'm happy to stand in the middle anyway. So Julia does a bit of promoting Morrissey, fair enough and fair play to her and lets get her in on the guest list. No problems with that.
But if it is seating only, even the guest list ticket will have a seat number and that's where she should be. Health & Safety regulations require one person per seat. So if she wants front row, either get one from the guest list or buy one. or else sit where your ticket is for.

Jukebox Jury

So security must 'be in the know' and let her through to begin with. So calling security would appear fruitless as they allowed her there to begin with:confused:

I can see your point, but it may not be entirely fruitless to summon security: They could've worked out a solution where Julia stands off to the side, not in someone's rightful seat, but still in the front row. If not, I would've raised a fuss to have my ticket honoured.

From the reports, Edinburgh's security seemed to be especially antagonistic to the audience, but you never know about the future. Your own local security might be more sympathetic to the locals with the rightful tickets than to some stranger with no ticket. It's worth a go, isn't it? What's the worst than can happen?

People need to stand up for themselves more forcefully whenever Julia takes away their rightful spot.

I got on row C with a row S ticket so I can't really complain, but I would have moved if the owner had turned up :)

But you don't steal someone's seat at every show, plus you bought a ticket

I like to roll in three sheets to the wind about 10 minutes before the lights go down and watch the show from the back, nearby the bar.

Am I strange?

That said, the few times I've been right up front have been AWESOME but I just can't be bothered to wait around for hours on end. The best was Atlantic City this past summer when I strolled in in my usual foggy state just as the Vince Taylor video started and meandered up to about the 3rd row. That was a good night.

I am not against Julia always having to be front centre stage at every single gig, but I would mention that this should not be done at the expense of somebody else's seat.

I do not have the money to travel around the world and when the Edinburgh date was announced, I was determined to get the best seat possible. Despite trying on the internet presale, I was not able to get the seat I wanted, so I made the effort to be first in line at the Edinburgh Playhouse the next day. Success! I was allocated four front row central seats. I was so happy! Between me, Garry and Hugh, we managed to get 12 front row tickets which were allocated to the die-hard fans, and some from overseas and Aberdeen. We e-mailed Julia (knowing that she always has front row seats) and offered her a ticket, but was told that she didn't need it.

You can imagine my surprise when I turned up at the Playhouse and went to my seat to find Julia already sitting there in Garry's seat. When I said to her, "You were offered the chance to BUY this seat, why did you not do this?" she explained that she would move when Garry turned up. I went outdoors to have a cigarette and to tell Garry that somebody was sittingin his seat. When I returned, she had moved, but to Hugh's seat!

Could the Management not have bought Julia a ticket, this means I would not have gotten angry at her. The thing is, she was offered a front row ticket, but refused to buy it. She never did move out of our seats, but we simply had to squeeze together. Obviously, those who had a front row ticket were using it, but there was available seating in the Royal Box, which is not sold, but used for incidents like this when seats are double booked or whatever.

This whole episode left me with a nasty taste in the mouth. Perhaps this explains how Julia can "afford" to go to each and every gig.

Message to Julia

could I please have £35 for MY seat which you used.

I think that this is awful - i have no objection to the middle seats being reserved for julia by the management , why not ... its obviously what morrissey wants . But that means you cant sell them!!!! as soon as they are sold they are public domain , she cant sit in someones seat when they have paid out the money to sit there it is as simple as that.

I dont know Julia and wish her no harm , i think asking her if she wants the ticket in the first place is pretty generious and thoughtful - it wouldnt be me thats for sure . if i got one i wouldnt be giving it to anyone , but then again i wouldnt have accomidated anyone sitting on my seat if i was in it or not

i think you have been over tollerant to the extreme, i think she should be thankful that it was you and not someone else.

And Julia .... Give her the money

personally i have no problem with her going to every concert or even getting free tickets to each concert. however, she needs to be given allocated seats, even if they are the best in the house, rather than take someone elses. thats disgusting behaviour. however i have usually found her to be lovely, and it does sound like a problem of the managemtn or venue. i hope this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

personally i have no problem with her going to every concert or even getting free tickets to each concert. however, she needs to be given allocated seats, even if they are the best in the house, rather than take someone elses. thats disgusting behaviour. however i have usually found her to be lovely, and it does sound like a problem of the managemtn or venue. i hope this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

But thats the problem, she does have an allocated seat. However she would rather take someone elses. If thats "lovely" then I've been a right bastard all these years, taking my own seat!

But thats the problem, she does have an allocated seat. However she would rather take someone elses. If thats "lovely" then I've been a right bastard all these years, taking my own seat!

i've only really read this story that is negative about her though. i don't know, i've just usually found her to be nice, however obviously taking someone elses seat is out of order, but shouldn't it have been upto management or the venue security or whatever to move her?

true, i don't mean to try and justify her actions, i do think its wrong. all i was meaning is that apart from this story she does seem alright.

I really do pity anyone treading on eggshells with this issue. It's fairly black and white- what's right and wrong.

As iv not had time to read all the posts and im sure the answer has been told a few 1000 time WHO IS JULIA and what makes her so special to Moz as most gigs iv been to or watched she is always spoken to by Moz. OH JULIA THE PAST NEVER DIES:)

Back
Top Bottom