Moonriver

Hmm very interesting.
I'mma feel right daft screaming into my guitar, but we'll see what happens :lbf:
Perhaps Boz would remember; he'd much more readily respond than Alain. If only I could get over my anxiety of contacting him...:blushing:

I have the same anxiety but I'm feeling daring. I'll ask him.

He hasn't responded yet. Maybe because he's about ready or doing a concert. Seriously, the man should get his priorities straight. He should be checking his facebook status while Morrissey changes his shirts. Get with the program Boz. Jeez.

OMG I'M SO BUSTED! He had responded at 1:41, such a diligent facebooker. :sweet: Here's your answer:

"hi, we have done it a few times , the pick up must have gone microphonic and you plug it through some distortion and echo and reverb and play it through the amp, it is on the beginning of teachers are afraid of the pupils, or the middle , it's alain singing falsetto through his les paul and marshall amp
hope this helps
cheers
BB"

I hope I'm officially cool now.

OMG I'M SO BUSTED! He had responded at 1:41, such a diligent facebooker. :sweet: Here's your answer:

"hi, we have done it a few times , the pick up must have gone microphonic and you plug it through some distortion and echo and reverb and play it through the amp, it is on the beginning of teachers are afraid of the pupils, or the middle , it's alain singing falsetto through his les paul and marshall amp
hope this helps
cheers
BB"

:sweet:
:D
Awww. I'm still going to feel like an absolute fool trying it, but it's so good to hear from Boz
:blushing:

hope this helps
cheers
BB"

Way cool! Thanks CG for getting Boz to clear that up. So they DID mic the amp (with added effects, too). Tres punk. :guitar:

:sweet:
:D
Awww. I'm still going to feel like an absolute fool trying it, but it's so good to hear from Boz
:blushing:

If I may just give you one piece of advice; turn the gain way up on your amp. It's going to feed back like crazy, but you'll get a stronger signal that way.

Happy screaming. :)

Not useless -- very interesting! I always thought it was curious how the sobbing/cry was similar to but not Audrey Hepburn's in the film. I wasn't sure where it came from.

There's something about the moment in "Introducing Morrissey" when that cry fills the venue and the music begins. Anybody here at the concert who remembers how the live rendition went down with fans?

Edit: Speaking of J. Arthur Rank films, this muscleman must have fascinated Moz as a young boy. Might be the inspiration for the tour gong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO9OFIOztTc

Oh and one other useless detail ~ the girl sobbing in the background isn't Holly Golightly but the actress Peggy Evans in a scene from 'The Blue Lamp'(1950), also starring Dirk Bogarde and Patric 'raised to wait' Doonan.

Last edited:
Not useless -- very interesting! I always thought it was curious how the sobbing/cry was similar to but not Audrey Hepburn's in the film. I wasn't sure where it came from.

There's something about the moment in "Introducing Morrissey" when that cry fills the venue and the music begins. Anybody here at the concert who remembers how the live rendition went down with fans?

Edit: Speaking of J. Arthur Rank films, this muscleman must have fascinated Moz as a young boy. Might be the inspiration for the tour gong!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO9OFIOztTc
Cheers Leer!
I recall being at other stops on that tour and I, for one, loved it. It had a very similar effect to 'Seasick' on the current tour. Stopped you dead in your tracks and took the breath away. There were times on the '95 tour where I didn't think he'd get through the song and some nights where you could have sworn he was sobbing. There are certain songs, live, such as these 2, where you'd swear Moz is channeling some hellish emotion as raw as the moment he felt it 20, 30, 40 years ago.
Just genius, that's all.

~from the Frady Archices~ :crazy:
Published in the "pop music pages" of The Independent on Thursday 16th of June 1992. Henry Mancini passed away two days prior, and his obituary appeared elsewhere in the paper.
"Morrissey on the sadly overlooked gloom of Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer's `Moon River' :
A LOT of the versions one knows are very cabaret-ish, if that's the word, which suits me fine. I'm fond of the Shirley Bassey version, of course, but to me the most familiar recording, the one I grew up with, was Frank Sinatra's which I thought was very sad. But then of course the song is very sad, though that tends to be overlooked in some of the more triumphant recordings of it. It's possible that most people look on it as a sweet, simple lyric and don't dwell upon the words, which are depressing really: "Moon river . . . I'm crossing you in style someday". The fulfilment promised in the song is always in the future, so it has this never-finding, ever- reaching feel. It's hard to sing only in the sense that you realise you're more familiar with it than you perhaps thought. And it's a song which our parents knew - it brings a previous generation to mind - which can tend to make you nervous." - Morrissey recorded `Moon River' earlier this year as a B- side for the single `Hold on to Your Friends' ."
:thumb:

The song was on when I had some guests over for dinner (the BEST party music you can ever imagine) and my friend cried out: I know this song! I was overwhelmed: d'you know MOrrissey? She said: Who??? Which is how I learnt it was NOT a Morrissey-song. For me it sounded like it was written for him...

Back
Top Bottom