MORRISEY MOVIE

M

Melissa

I have read that a film about Morrisey is in the early planning stages. The press blurb I read stated that both Jude Law and an unknown American actor (Liam Healy) had expressed interest in the roll.

As an added twist, the movie will supposedly only be partially biographical and will inject quite a bit of fiction and surrealism in an effort to portray the enigma that is Morrisey. I believe the script was described as an, "abstract portrayal of Morrisey and Manchester". Not sure exactly what that means. The press blurb did state that Morrisey would be involved in some aspects of the creative process.

The rumour is that Geoffrey Wright may be slated to direct the movie - which would most likely see a major release in the UK, but would probably only make the rounds at independent film festivals in the U.S. and parts of Western Europe.
The Australian director Geoffrey Wright, incidentally, wrote and directed the controversial 1992 film Romper Stomper - a movie that Morrisey has publicly praised.

> oh can i be an extra?

I wonder who will do the soundtrack.

Back
Top Bottom