Morrisey's Next Move

How are we so sure that he is releasing a greatest hits album? I don't think it's been confirmed officially yet.

How are we so sure that he is releasing a greatest hits album? I don't think it's been confirmed officially yet.

i dont think it has been comfirmed of such yet, but these are the three rumours of options that people are hearing of as to morrisseys next move.

i agree with others here when i say i think that morrissey should take a break for a year or two, pen some more masterpieces so he doesn't fall into the trap of making music because he has to, otherwise we might have a
21st century kill uncle on our hands

did i mention i dont like kill uncle lol?

NO! Europe! Please please please!
Maybe... France as he said he wanted to wrap his arms around Paris?! Sorry! Just dreaming!

Maybe... France as he said he wanted to wrap his arms around Paris?! Sorry! Just dreaming!

that would be good, i would have an excuse to finally go to paris other than visiting edith piafs birthplace!
i agree, paris it should be!

Ok. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but all of these people chanting "Please come to Europe!!! Come back to England" are really greedy! Honestly people, you've just had a HUGE tour. It was the rest of us watching you have him through most of 2006! I rember those December Manchester concerts, just bawling because I'm not there.

The only people that should be hoping he tours and not sound like they're asking for too much are Australians, because it's been a while since he went to them.

Ok. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but all of these people chanting "Please come to Europe!!! Come back to England" are really greedy! Honestly people, you've just had a HUGE tour. It was the rest of us watching you have him through most of 2006! I rember those December Manchester concerts, just bawling because I'm not there.

The only people that should be hoping he tours and not sound like they're asking for too much are Australians, because it's been a while since he went to them.

And South America, if it's safe

I vote that he releases Hollywood Bowl as soon as possible, as well as a live album. This could buy him time to work on a new album and then launch another big tour (but nothing as big as 2006-2007, which was, looking back, pretty massive).

And I agree with whomever said that Europeans/Britons asking for another tour are greedy. Come on. The UK tour was disproportionately enormous. It was like Moz playing thirty shows in Massachusetts alone. You had your fill. Let the man be for a while.

i cant remember exactly, but im pretty sure that i read on the main board an article about how when morrissey was playing in texas he was recording a song, i think it was That's How People Grow Up, for a greatest hits album. that seemed kinda official to me...:o

oh and yes, the live dvd before a new album would be the best!

as very inpractical and unbelievable as it may sound, it would be very very nice if morrissey would do a 'world tour', as in a couple of dates in the uk, NOT the usa as hes been there too long, france, spain, italy, australia, south america etc
then everyone would be satisfied and theres no chance of him getting pissed off with the one country! (japan)

and there are only about 3 or 4 Australians on here regularly...

but I was thinking if he amazingly did tour Australia, we would probably miss out on Kristeen Young as support bands here have to be Australian

as very inpractical and unbelievable as it may sound, it would be very very nice if morrissey would do a 'world tour', as in a couple of dates in the uk, NOT the usa as hes been there too long, france, spain, italy, australia, south america etc
then everyone would be satisfied and theres no chance of him getting pissed off with the one country! (japan)

Yes please!! :D

i cant remember exactly, but im pretty sure that i read on the main board an article about how when morrissey was playing in texas he was recording a song, i think it was That's How People Grow Up, for a greatest hits album. that seemed kinda official to me...:o

Yeah, that's true, but if I remember correctly this came from someone's blog which I'm not taking as gospel truth. :p

I know you absolutely didn't mean what you said like this, but your post made me realize we're all just like a bunch of little kids vying for Uncle Moz's attention! Play with US Uncle Moz!!!! :o

Extension of current tour to AUSTRALIA.

Hallelujah!

Cmon Moz, you'd sell out shows easily down here.
I understand you don't think were important as the rest of the world, but we do buy your albums and support you too, y'know :p

Morrissey's next move?

A few New York City dates, please. He broke a lot of hearts here. I know everyone is tired of hearing it, but he sold thousands of tickets.

I say he rests up, maybe pens a few more masterpieces, and then gets the band together for a few dates at a more intimate venue, maybe in the autumn.

I was one of the lucky ones, I got to see him. Most of my friends (and random strangers who I've spoken to) had to go without. I feel selfish for even mentioning it, but what kind of fans would we be if we did not suffer in his absence?

I apologize in advance for beating a dead horse. Time to bury the poor thing, I suppose. :(

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound bitchy, but Philly is a mere 90 minutes from NY, I really don't understand all the complaints about missing NY. if you didnt have a car, the chinatown bus is 22 bucks round trip. theres no reason anyone who missed out on the MSG show couldnt have made a trip down to Philly. it wasn't sold out, and you couldve gone there and back in one night. thats just my two cents.

If Philly ended up being cancelled and MSG was on, I wouldve just gone up to NY. I really don't see what the huge deal was.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound bitchy, but Philly is a mere 90 minutes from NY, I really don't understand all the complaints about missing NY. if you didnt have a car, the chinatown bus is 22 bucks round trip. theres no reason anyone who missed out on the MSG show couldnt have made a trip down to Philly. it wasn't sold out, and you couldve gone there and back in one night. thats just my two cents.

If Philly ended up being cancelled and MSG was on, I wouldve just gone up to NY. I really don't see what the huge deal was.

He cancelled Baltimore and I made it to AC and it was priceless and I'll cherish it forever, even with the 3 1/2 hour car ride!!

Yeah, that's true, but if I remember correctly this came from someone's blog which I'm not taking as gospel truth. :p

oh really? oh ok nevermind then, for some reason i remembered it being an article from somewhere :confused::o

Hello all! I'm somewhat new so be very, very pleasant to me :)

For purely selfish reasons I would love to hear official news of a new album but let's face it, the label situation is going to have to be resolved and we have had our fair share of Morrissey output since 2004. I would just love his next album to really cement his place as this country's leading solo performer. Anything but a Smiths reunion would be good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom