Morrissey back in Manchester?

M

Martha

Saw a tweet saying morrissey has moved back to Manchester! Anyone know if there any truth to this?

He's often in Manchester. Much more frequently than is reported.

why does he go to manchester, i mean, other than being from there? what is there in manchester? does he still have family there?

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps temporarily if there's a 5-star hotel there.
i dont understand, why shouldnt he stay in five star hotels? he's worked hard for what he has. where would you expect him to stay?

why does he go to manchester, i mean, other than being from there? what is there in manchester? does he still have family there?

- - - Updated - - -

i dont understand, why shouldnt he stay in five star hotels? he's worked hard for what he has. where would you expect him to stay?

Did I say he shouldn't do so?

From what I've heard he owns properties in the UK (just outside of Manchester), Switzerland and the USA, and has done for several years. He still has family in the area as well, so visits fairly regularly. Though I believe for tax (and Mike Joyce) avoidance purposes, his official residence is Switzerland, and obviously he spends a considerable amount of time in 5 star hotels during the touring process. But yeah - he'll normally visit Manchester a few times every year.

isnt manchester kind of a dump though? i mean, if we can say that it is not as nice as london, as i assume we do, than surely it must be, because london is one of those places people think are nice until theyve actually been there, whereupon they discover that in reality it reminds them of one of those depressing television shows from the 70's that are blurry and filmed through gauze and everything is in brown and yellow and all the inhabitants smell of salt and deep fried edibles just as surely as you know that their houses likely reek of cigarettes and piss. i dont know why morrissey would want to live there.

From what I've heard he owns properties in the UK (just outside of Manchester), Switzerland and the USA, and has done for several years. He still has family in the area as well, so visits fairly regularly. Though I believe for tax (and Mike Joyce) avoidance purposes, his official residence is Switzerland, and obviously he spends a considerable amount of time in 5 star hotels during the touring process. But yeah - he'll normally visit Manchester a few times every year.

I think he normally stays in hotels in the UK, even though he is in the UK a lot. The way tax works in the UK, owning a house, or even sleeping in one for so much as a single night, reduces the number of days you are allowed to be in the country without being resident for tax purposes.

isnt manchester kind of a dump though? i mean, if we can say that it is not as nice as london, as i assume we do, than surely it must be, because london is one of those places people think are nice until theyve actually been there, whereupon they discover that in reality it reminds them of one of those depressing television shows from the 70's that are blurry and filmed through gauze and everything is in brown and yellow and all the inhabitants smell of salt and deep fried edibles just as surely as you know that their houses likely reek of cigarettes and piss. i dont know why morrissey would want to live there.

Enjoying the wacky tobacky? It is now a requirement that all the loos in the nouveau riche areas of London have at least one of these signs posted (with Arabic, Russian and Kardashian translations as well):

Fashion+Pissoir+Etiquette+%C3%A0+la+House+of+Chanel,+Courtesy+of+Karl+Lagerfeld.png

though to be honest, im not sure i agree with the sign. i once read an article many years back, and it is only due to a near perfect memory and the inward validation i felt in regards to my not-always-as-rigorous-as-others-might-like hygiene regiment, that i am now able to recall it. this article argued that aristocrats and celebrities and the like are often found to have deplorable hygiene habits due to "insufficient interest"nin such trifling matters. kate moss, according to the article, was reported by one friend to have smelled of piss, and as for marilyn monroe, "chanel no5 wasnt the only thing she smelt of". good hygiene is the turf of the poor and the middle class because they have something to prove, but the rich and fabulous, having nothing to prove, simply cant be bothered. so, in a way, pissing everywhere is chanel.

Manchester is the most radically improved city in Europe, according to the much respected travel writer Bill Bryson. The city centre has been transformed in the last 20 years. Morrissey has commented on this too. He said that Manchester is now "sexy" and unrecognisable to the depressing hole it was in the 70's. The transformation continues, it's not completed.

A close friend of his lives in an apartment in the middle of the Northern Quarter, the hipster zone of the city. He is able to slip in and out without being noticed. Morrissey is no stranger to Manchester, despite what the media, and to be fair he would have you believe. But it suits him well not to be noticed. Marr enjoys nocturnal walks about the city, whereas Morrissey comes and goes by taxi.

though to be honest, im not sure i agree with the sign. i once read an article many years back, and it is only due to a near perfect memory and the inward validation i felt in regards to my not-always-as-rigorous-as-others-might-like hygiene regiment, that i am now able to recall it. this article argued that aristocrats and celebrities and the like are often found to have deplorable hygiene habits due to "insufficient interest"nin such trifling matters. kate moss, according to the article, was reported by one friend to have smelled of piss, and as for marilyn monroe, "chanel no5 wasnt the only thing she smelt of". good hygiene is the turf of the poor and the middle class because they have something to prove, but the rich and fabulous, having nothing to prove, simply cant be bothered. so, in a way, pissing everywhere is chanel.

Fascinating angle. However, your only examples are two women with alcohol and drug addiction issues, so they should not be counted. I do wonder what Morrissey's stance on this matter might be. Pretty sure he is a neat freak like Lagerfeld, so it is doubtful that he would agree with you. A pissy pissing technique is never chic.

A close friend of his lives in an apartment in the middle of the Northern Quarter, the hipster zone of the city. He is able to slip in and out without being noticed. Morrissey is no stranger to Manchester, despite what the media, and to be fair he would have you believe. But it suits him well not to be noticed. Marr enjoys nocturnal walks about the city, whereas Morrissey comes and goes by taxi.

I sense a Second Meeting is nigh. Morrissey should resume his walking around Manchester habits of yore.

https://youtu.be/XaskioswoRE

Maybe going over with Sam the next series on Montages or perhaps catching up
on his British romcoms. Always pegged him as a romantic, but not a Lucy fan.She happens to be one
of my favorites.

Fascinating angle. However, your only examples are two women with alcohol and drug addiction issues, so they should not be counted. I do wonder what Morrissey's stance on this matter might be. Pretty sure he is a neat freak like Lagerfeld, so it is doubtful that he would agree with you. A pissy pissing technique is never chic.
well, yes, i imagine it's the irish in him that makes him ashamed of his own natural unscrubbed state and associates uncleanliness with original sin. i dont see why this should be, even covered in feces hed still be the most appealing human being on the planet.

the article (from british vogue, i believe), talked about the aristocracy as well, but as ever snivelling as one must be in regards to those of high birth, it refused to name names. i have great faith however that those upon whom great respect is bestowed by the lower orders, likely, as a sign of contempt for the lower orders, mock at such quaint ideas of respectability, just as surely as they park their cars in fire lanes.

to be clear i should stress that i have a great repugnance to poor dental hygiene, and to anything fungal, irrevocable, or crawling/jumping. but in my opinion, to put off showering for a week is no great offence, either in myself or anyone else (with the exception of hospital workers or farmers or those whose lifestyles require it). and for those who think that constant washing staves off sickness, i should mention that i've never known anyone who gets sick as rarely as i do (which is sad for me because i delight in sickness and practically salivate at those parts in period dramas where a character gets turberculosis and has to be bled with leeches whilst tossing and turning, pale and clammy, on a bed attended by servants and seraphim. maybe one day ill be lucky enough to get tuberculosis toooooooo), whilst my sister, who is a hygiene fanatic, has a perpetual (and perpetually irritating) sniffle.

I sense a Second Meeting is nigh. Morrissey should resume his walking around Manchester habits of yore.

do people who live in manchester ever meet him? are there morrissey sightings? is it possibel to approach him just to say "hey"? should i discard my isabel marant leather jacket and move to manchester post haste?

well we could look for him together? ill go one way calling out his name, and youll go the other. though i dont imagine morrissey would suffer claims to be placed upon him. hes melmoth the wanderer, and we are mere isadoras.

Back
Top Bottom