Morrissey BBC4 24-06-11 Glastonbury

That was fantastic and his voice was superb. Roll on Monday and Bradford !!

I Want The One I Can't Have was played absolutely amazing. I take my hat off to that Smiths cover, I think Morrissey did an amazing job!
Alma Matters was played superb, the best its been played live in a while.
There's A Light That Never Goes Out was played brill and everyone was singing to post 2000 hits You Have Killed Me, First Of The Gang To Die.
He brought back Throwing My Arms Around Paris too! Was a bit gutted that he didn't do I Know It's Over :( that is my only little nag, overall it's made my day!

hahaha hightlight of the gig was when Morrissey called David Cameron a twit!! :lbf: WATCH OUT MR CAMERON, MORRISSEY IS ABOUT! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great performance in front of a largely indifferent crowd.
Tomorrow evening can't come soon enough. :)
Welcome to York Moz, we'll show you some real loooove... ;)

I see that the NME are trying to stir up shit again. Simply pathetic.

An utterly thrilling Glastonbury set. I loved the versions of Alma Matters and Meat Is Murder. His ultimate denouncement of Cameron was enjoyable aswell. Looking foward to Hop Farm next week. If it's exactly the same set I will be happy, and if it isn't then I will be happy.

People are the same everywhere also sounded really good tonight, as did Action is my middle name.

What happened with this site? Come come nuclear bomb?! Was the whole world trying to log in while BBC brought Moz to it? Wow, unreal energy! As U2 sang, 'we're moving on up now..."

scaled.php

ftlr.jpg

They make a cute couple.

People are the same everywhere also sounded really good tonight, as did Action is my middle name.

Maybe it's because they were both slowed down and he had time to catch his breath between verses? On the Janice Long versions he really seems to be struggling vocally...

Thought his voice and the BBC coverage were excellent. Enjoyed his banter. Not too sure about the shirts!
If he'd have finished with Meat Is Murder with Michael Eavis watching from the side that would have been a great artistic statement. Sadly we had to plod through that version of This Chamring Man again.

The new songs sounded a lot fuller, thought the keyboardist was good. Satellite of Love was a little limp, would have been better if the weather was sunny. In fact the setlist, as I feared, seemed like it took a real nose dive after Shoplifters, EveryDay Is Like Sunday and There Is A Light to the casual observer.

The band don't do The Smiths material justice but then it is a Morrissey concert. Thats why he stands centre stage in front of his backing band. The gigs are about him, not Jesse Tobias.

Pity most of the people who'd have watched Morrissey went to see Radiohead instead and those milling about were rather thick rabid U2 fans. If thats what Glastonbury has turned into you may as well invite Phil Collins next year to do a Genesis set

I mean what on earth was Bono going on about. And as for singing (or shouting couldn't reallt tell)Coldplay, Beyonce and Primal Scream who are all playing elsewhere at the festival this weekend...talk about p*issing on other people's chips.

I'm surprised he didn't manage to sing the WeBuyAnyCar ditty or the Go Compare tune in there at one point.

Alma Matters was played superb, the best its been played live in a while.

I wasn't too pleased with the fact they had the keyboardist playing what should have been Boz' part.

I enjoyed it. I want the one I can't have was spectacular and he never got close to that again but it was all still good apart from The Charming Man which as we all know isn't a patch on what it should be. I stormed out the room when that came on in disgust, a cup of tea was preferable.

A mate of mine who was there said Morrissey talked about Cameron three times and was getting booed. Things aint what they used to be.

Back
Top Bottom