Morrissey Cancels Florida Shows

Drove 12 hours straight through the night only to arrive in Boca Raton with weekend reservations at the very same hour of the announcement of the cancellations . I also think it was partially due to poor ticket sales .

On the pick your seat version of livenation at Mizner Park when i bought 1st Row tickets just 2 weeks ago in Section D .
There were only 10 to 12 rows of tickets in the center that had ben sold . Maybe 300 . The difficulty of trying to find out any ticket info about this venue when the tour was announced didnt help much either .

All in all , it sucks but theres still NMB , ATL , ASH , DUR , RCH , DC , PA , DAL , HOU & AUS .

Well if he sells enough tickets that is .

Winston Smith

~*~

I hope some FL shows get rescheduled.
I found out last night St. Pete was canceled along with the rest and the last show I went to ended up being canceled as well. I guess I need to travel away from FL to finally see Morrissey:tears:

Have no fear, Floridiots... he will sweep through like a hurricane, and you'll all be left gasping. HAVE FAITH!

I had second row center in Jacksonville. There is no way they are gonna get that show rescheduled in April. The dates in April are close together and progressively getting further west. I am so disappointed.

It really bugs me how ticketmaster still keeps a part of the "convinence" fee...it's honestly like I actually paid them for the act of feeling extreme dissapointment.

Re: sad news: Morrissey Cancels South Florida Show

This is twice in a row for me now. Looks like his age has caught up with him. Twice I have great tickets and twice he backs out. I doubt he will reschedule down here. This is getting rediculous Moz.

Around this time, if the shows had not been canceled, the first show of the tour would be starting. :tears:

But I finished my taxes well before the deadline thanks to the "illness". Will be shortly leaving for a burfday dinner for my oldest brother (who's one year shy of Morrissey's age). Also thanks to the "illness" I can celebrate with my brother on this day.

I guess I am not too stunned about the cancellations since I knew what to expect and gave this advice back in December about planning to go to Moz shows:

I am also wary of advising people to fly to see Moz shows since there is a high risk of cancellation.
<snip>
You should book flights and put in for time off only if you'd be okay with the possibility of not seeing Moz during your travels. For example, I like to travel and visit friends and/or unusual places. If Moz cancels, I still have a good time regardless. And I have no one to blame except for myself for my perfectly good time.​

I am SO devestated. It's so unclear whether or not Jannus in St. Pete is cancelled. I literally had to bribe my boss to let me get out of work for two days... I feel like I'm going to be so sick. I am so sorry to all of the Floridians who've been cancelled on. If it makes you feel better - since you've all called off from work - head south to Ft. Myers and we can keep each other company!!!

So - where can we all get the nitty gritty truth. Cancelled, rescheduled?! I've been offline for 2 days and get a blow to the gut!!! Anyone have any reliable info?!

- Leena

The folks at Jannus Landing will know by wed. when it will be rescheduled.

Re: sad news: Morrissey Cancels South Florida Show

That was quick.

im glad i didnt buy a ticket and stay in orlando one more nihgt like i'd been contemplating.

is this because of bad ticket sales, i've seen that rumor around!

so while at universal studios today, entertaining friends that flew in for these shows, i ran over to the hard rock to get a refund for the tix that i had picked up for them. as im getting the refund.. How Soon Is Now comes on the speakers that play music outside the hard rock! WTF!!! why do they have to rub it in my face!!! haha
anyways, i had to grab this picture...
mozcancel.jpg

p.s. i really highly doubt this orlando show will be made up. i asked at the box office and he said no and i had asked my person on the inside, the other day and he also said no. owell.

Floridiots? Go f**k yourself hater.
i love your smokey and the bandit signature!

Last edited:
Masochists Tour 2009

Drove 12 hours straight through the night only to arrive in Boca Raton with weekend reservations at the very same hour of the announcement of the cancellations . I also think it was partially due to poor ticket sales .

All in all , it sucks but theres still NMB , ATL , ASH , DUR , RCH , DC , PA , DAL , HOU & AUS .

Well if he sells enough tickets that is .

Winston Smith

~*~

After all that, you're still going to travel to see him? Not me, I'm throwing in the towel so to speak.

Re: Morrissey is ill

Oh, c'mon. It's not like he cancelled a show 5 min before starting- he canceled two days in advance of the first show, so that people may still have time cancel their trips, etc.

Also, he cancelled the first 4 shows. Why would he do that unless he´s really sick? :crazy:

Having said that, I feel sorry for you guys :( -I know I'd be really sad :tears:

Moz, please get better soon! :flowers:

Come on this is really boring. He hasn't even started the tour that he cancels shows... Even 2 days in advance is not something that you can admit when you travels miles and miles and you book hotels etc etc. For this you don't get refund, especially if you are already there when cancellations are revealed.
How can he schedule so many gigs (just to make you feel heppy for a while after you fighted hard and finally got the tickets) and cancel gig after gig. Getting tickets is not the hardest thing to do as, even if you have tickets, you can NEVER be sure that he will show off.
To me this is a lack of respect towards all the people who spend money on him and all the related items and who make his fortune and allow him to keep going on as a pop icon.
I am very disappointed and hope this will happen to you too... So you decide to support other artists that really deserve it....

Re: Morrissey is ill

Live Nation is so great:

Tell us about Morrissey at Mizner Park Amphitheater!

At Live Nation, we want to create great experiences for our customers. That’s where you come in -- we want your feedback on Morrissey at Mizner Park Amphitheater.

If you thought Morrissey was great – tell us! If you thought Morrissey was just okay, tell us! Whatever your reaction – tell us! Your feedback helps us build a better concert experience.

Take Survey Now

It should take only about 5 minutes for you to help shape the future of Live Nation concerts. As a token of our appreciation, everyone who responds will be entered into a drawing for season seats to a Live Nation amphitheatre!

I finally got an email from StubHub saying it's not cancelled, but postponed to a later date... Whoooo knows?!

I really need to know when is the later date because my mom is now bugging me about refunding and getting the money back because she doesn't think he's gonna come back and do the dates.

Tags
cancellations get well uncle
Back
Top Bottom