Morrissey can't be happy about this!

From one of the recent EPs or whatever they're called now. (I Just Want To See The Boy Happy?) I don't have it with me but it's an "official" live release. I'm mostly kidding but it does catch my attention.

oh i see! nobody caught on and he realized "i need to be a bit more blunt" and wrote "all you need is me"! :D

Who wants to bet that he'll make a phone call and tell whoever it is to stop advertising tickets to MSG on this website?

I think his advertising dollars could have been better spent. I mean advertising a Morrissey concert on THE Morrissey website for news, tour info, download, etc.

Morrissey is playing MSG? Who knew!?

(WTF???)

-Vaux

I think his advertising dollars could have been better spent. I mean advertising a Morrissey concert on THE Morrissey website for news, tour info, download, etc.

Morrissey is playing MSG? Who knew!?

-Vaux

some people still don't know who Julia is after all these years. :confused:

Would someone be so kind as to direct me to the source/cause of Morrissey's (alleged, as far as I know) dislike for this site? I see quite a few references to it (we're not mean enough to Mike Joyce, etc.) but don't know the background.

I'm guessing, but for a start it doesn't toe the Morrissey party line, so anybody can post anything they like.
Secondly despite being a supposed 'fan site' it's full of hateful trolls - today the headline news is Morrissey's entirely positive statement thanking all the fans who have attended the recent US shows, yet if he happenned to read the news item and look at the comments he'd be greeted with such statements as (direct quote) "f*** you then ungrateful bastard, Morrissey". I mean, really, is it any wonder he hates this place?

I'm guessing, but for a start it doesn't toe the Morrissey party line, so anybody can post anything they like.
Secondly despite being a supposed 'fan site' it's full of hateful trolls - today the headline news is Morrissey's entirely positive statement thanking all the fans who have attended the recent US shows, yet if he happenned to read the news item and look at the comments he'd be greeted with such statements as (direct quote) "f*** you then ungrateful bastard, Morrissey". I mean, really, is it any wonder he hates this place?

I understand where you're coming from. To someone not familiar with the web it would be shocking and dismaying. But the whole point of a site like this is to let people speak their minds. Anyone who has spent time on the web knows that 99% of all sites that allow public comments get these kind of cranks. (Or would, if the webmasters didn't police their sites as carefully as they do. David's rules are deliberately more democratic, and consequently more is permitted-- although, as some never tire of complaining, not everything.)

Roger Ebert once said something to the effect that the Internet is like a giant book that is scrambled, defaced, and entirely rewritten once a day by a gang of juvenile illiterates. Doesn't mean the web isn't as miraculous and beneficial as most claim it is, just that it's difficult to weed out the good from the bad if you don't spend a lot of time on the web, and I don't think Morrissey does. Continuous visits to this site would reveal a large fanbase here that loves him and supports him far more often than not.

Morrissey would readily understand this if an old editor at the NME could show him all the letters the paper received each week. Along with the funny and insightful letters published by Morrissey, the NME probably received all manner of obscene, ranting, abusive letters, many no more than a "f*** YOU" aimed at some pop star or other. The NME had an editor to screen those out. The beauty of the Internet is that it is edited loosely or not at all. We all know this. I don't think Morrissey does. If he did he wouldn't take such a harsh opinion of this site. It's a different animal than a fanzine. It isn't "Smiths Indeed" or "True To You" put on a digital platform, it's fundamentally something else.

Last edited:
You are right it does catch the attention ... and it is funny that "true to you" and "so low" are both from the same song.

But I still think he recognises the value of Solo ...and accepts that there will always bw a handful of idiots who lower the tone.

that's different....no?? You wouldn't advertise Julia so people knew about her.

Exactly, I'm not paying to see Julia (no offense Julia you seem like a lovely person)...:)

-Vaux

Exactly, I'm not paying to see Julia (no offense Julia you seem like a lovely person)...:)

-Vaux

Thank you! Yes, she's a lovely person, but she's not the star of the night, singing her bloody heart out for us all. It's quite different to talk about advertising Julia (which makes no sense) versus Morrissey. But anyways....

Back
Top Bottom