Morrissey fans searched for meat before gig....according to the wonderfully bored NME

Re: Morrissey fans searched for meat before gig....according to the wonderfully bored

The mental breakdown continues.

So is intelligence on the boards. There is no proof this is true. And a lot of evidence points otherwise...But solow's Moz-haters will jump on anything to convince fans to dislike Morrissey.

Canadians are so determined...

Almost certainly a joke by the security fella.

Especially because the venue spokeswoman (quoted in the Mirror but strangely absent in the NME article) didn't know anything about a meat ban and said that the bag searches are "for anything that can be thrown at the band such as alcohol, plastic bottles and even umbrellas." One couple told a joke by the security chap and the NME starts talking about orders from Morrissey. Other people at the same gig have expressed confusion in the comments section, saying it was just a routine bag search. No one else prior to this gig mentioned anything. I was not frisked for meat when I went to see him.

Is this music journalism? I mean, I expect dismal standards from the Daily Mirror, but come on NME, at least quote the venue spokesperson if you're going to the throw round baseless accusations.

What's the joke here? The security man's quip or NME? Seems the latter hasn't let go of the 'let's all hate Morrissey' trend. I hate to see how angry and nasty people get in the comments sections when the article is largely and deliberately fabricated.

So true...And yet your post will be ignored by the anti-moz crusaders of Solow.

At each gig there was a LONG and changing list of prohibited items posted by Moz's security. Meat was never on the list. The article is a joke.

god point.

I got frisked in York and my bag got searched too I remember the security overlooking the recording equipment and the potential that I may have a knife in there, but chose to take away my oaty brunch bar. Incase it had meat in it. Oh and he had meat completely wiped of the menu for the night. But that's fair play.

I am actually surprised that this is news at all and people in here wonder if it's true. At the Vienna show two years ago security has taken a ham or salami sandwich from a girl's bag right in front of me. This must have been common pracitce for long.

You guys realize practically every venue, for every show, bans all food and drinks from entering the show??? They want you to buy their food. It's called making money. I learned this harsh truth of capitalism when i was in grade school. Get a clue...

You people who declared no longer liking morrissey over all these recent events and pseudo-events. It's time for you to pack up and go. Adios . Bye. Don't come back.

Re: Morrissey fans searched for meat before gig....according to the wonderfully bored

....But....what if you are packing a couple of Veggie Sausage rolls ???( "Sayers" are delicious...)

You guys realize practically every venue, for every show, bans all food and drinks from entering the show??? They want you to buy their food. It's called making money. I learned this harsh truth of capitalism when i was in grade school. Get a clue...

No, you don't get it. Ony the meat sandwiches were forbidden. And yesterday in Berlin people wer decidedly asked for meat products at the entrance.

And that this is a "technical fact" (quote Morrissey), does not mean at all you have to turn it againt him. I think it is a totally legitimate move. But the move is there, get the diffenrence.

And yesterday in Berlin people wer decidedly asked for meat products at the entrance.

were you there? The first time it was reported, no one on here was able to confirm the story by actually witnessing it...

And yes, if I had the power, I'd ban meat everywhere.

Yes I was there. The security people seemed to find it silly, though. They kept asking things like: "Any kotlets in your bag?" or "Is there any minced meat under your hat?".
But, again, I have also winessed in person, how a girl in Vienna was asked what she had on that sandwich. It was not "You can't bring food in here", it was "What is on your sandwich?". She even opened it, and since she had salami or ham on it, it was taken away. It was totally clear, that she could have kept a peanutbutter bread. And that was two years ago. And, as said before, I never found that very remarkable, either, it seemed totally natural to me, that people are asked to leave meat products outside.

Last edited:

This just sounds like a joke from a bouncer that someone took seriously

This just sounds like a joke from a bouncer that someone took seriously

God, how I hate repeating myself. Bouncers were clearly instructed. They all as asked, and everyone was asked. Some bouncers hated asking, they were clearly no vegetarians and did not stand behind the idea, that was totally obvious. For some, others acted professionally. Completely riddles me, why that is so hard to believe. Isn't it rather obvious Morrissey would do this?

Back
Top Bottom