Morrissey guesting at Morricone's performance -- what happened to this?

King Leer

Leering since '97
Moz mentioned he was invited to sing at a Morricone concert to be held in NYC (Carnegie Hall?). What happened to that news?

From 7th September 2006 TTT:

For the immediate future I am excited to be asked by Morricone (yes, Morricone) to sing and supply words for one of his musical pieces with a view to presenting this song at Carnegie Hall. Joy, joy joy.

Hopefully it's still work in progress and will be premired in near future.

So, I suppose it's something different than the performance Morricone did last February in Radio City Music Hall? :confused:
That was all his own music, from the film scores he wrote.

A friend and I attended Morricone's show at Radio City Music Hall last winter. It was his first show in America, and it was a fantastic night. The music was campy, fun and surprisingly grand at times. The crowd was all ages and pretty sophisticated - I thought it would be a bunch of geezers. As we were leaving, there were some folks on the landing discussing Morrissey - I don't know in what capacity.

I can't help but be disappointed that nothing appears to have come from Morrissey's announcement. It would be a great opportunity for both of them. It seems like a great fit - Moz and Morricone. It would also be such a departure for Morrissey - a chance to stretch and see if he can handle another type of "performance." Even though I thoroughly enjoyed the evening, I could not help but wish that Morrissey had taken the stage at some point and belted out a number or two - I think he could have impressed a whole different audience that night.

I could just picture folks asking "Who the heck is that guy? Morrissey? From The Smiths? No way!!".

Back
Top Bottom