Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not get tickets today. I had a similar experience to most the other posters on here. I had Ticketmaster pulled up on my computer and Live Nation app on my phone. Live Nation seem to be a little faster. I also find $399 plus fees a little excessive but was willing to pay the 279. Well it came up with the last rows I wasn't sure if I want to take it and then ended up losing it. After that I only got through one more time with seats actually available and it was only the $399. I will try the pre-sales tomorrow and of course Friday. I'm still super excited about this even though it's pricey AF

I did not get tickets today. I had a similar experience to most the other posters on here. I had Ticketmaster pulled up on my computer and Live Nation app on my phone. Live Nation seem to be a little faster. I also find $399 plus fees a little excessive but was willing to pay the 279. Well it came up with the last rows I wasn't sure if I want to take it and then ended up losing it. After that I only got through one more time with seats actually available and it was only the $399. I will try the pre-sales tomorrow and of course Friday. I'm still super excited about this even though it's pricey AF

Same here, wife has booked flights anyway and it’s my daughters Birthday that week, if she can’t get tickets, can take in something else and have a nice few days in New York.

Same here, wife has booked flights anyway and it’s my daughters Birthday that week, if she can’t get tickets, can take in something else and have a nice few days in New York.

:rolleyes:

:lbf:

The presale tickets were listed as "presale premium"... I have full confidence that they are going to be in the $200 range friday

Bad news - Those premium seats will still cost $399 on Friday. The premium pricing does not end with the presale.

What's interesting is that the premium prices extend to orchestra row P. This means that a large portion of the orchestra will be at least $399. The first few rows will likely be even more expensive. Front Mezzanine will also likely be premium priced. I'm guessing that about 50% of the seats (750 of 1500) will be at least $399.

Is Moz that popular? I have my doubts. Springsteen on Broadway was even more expensive, and lasted for 236 shows, but he's in a different stratosphere in terms of popularity amongst the masses.

Last edited:
Bad news - Those premium seats will still cost $399 on Friday. The premium pricing does not end with the presale.

What's interesting is the the premium prices extend to orchestra row O. This means that a large portion of the orchestra will be at least $399. The first few rows will likely be even more expensive. Front Mezzanine will also likely be premium priced. I'm guessing that about 50% of the seats (750 of 1500) will be at least $399.

Is Moz that popular? I have my doubts. Springsteen on Broadway was even more expensive, and lasted for 236 shows, but he's in a different stratosphere in terms of popularity amongst the masses.
It's certainly going to be interesting.
People have basically paid to see a Broadway 'show' without any particular details of what they are seeing to justify the cost (and as now Morrisseyofficial lists presales as sold out - I'm guessing they all got through eventually).
Springsteen added monologues and gave more than a usual 'concert' - let's hope Moz does the same/similar/better for fear of the backlash he'd get for using Broadway to just play a setlist and scarper.
In terms of costs, regular Broadway goers may see $400 as paltry given the ridiculous costs of similar seating for Wicked, Lion King, Hamilton et al, but for regular music fans it is a lot of cash especially with travel (400 is an example - people will probably feel similar at even a 200 price point).
Once again, lack of communication shoots him in the foot - if they'd announced something a bit more tantalising with a clearer idea of what 'bonus' people would be getting for shelling out that kind of money then people might feel better paying. Having it remain a 'surprise' isn't helping anyone.
Regards,
FWD.

It's certainly going to be interesting.
People have basically paid to see a Broadway 'show' without any particular details of what they are seeing to justify the cost (and as now Morrisseyofficial lists presales as sold out - I'm guessing they all got through eventually).
Springsteen added monologues and gave more than a usual 'concert' - let's hope Moz does the same/similar/better for fear of the backlash he'd get for using Broadway to just play a setlist and scarper.
In terms of costs, regular Broadway goers may see $400 as paltry given the ridiculous costs of similar seating for Wicked, Lion King, Hamilton et al, but for regular music fans it is a lot of cash especially with travel (400 is an example - people will probably feel similar at even a 200 price point).
Once again, lack of communication shoots him in the foot - if they'd announced something a bit more tantalising with a clearer idea of what 'bonus' people would be getting for shelling out that kind of money then people might feel better paying. Having it remain a 'surprise' isn't helping anyone.
Regards,
FWD.
Not sure about that, my wife just bought 2 tickets for Wicked on the 6th May for $298?

Morrisseyofficial lists presales as sold out - I'm guessing they all got through eventually.

Of course the presale sold out. There were very few tickets offered. I got to the front of the queue at 10:10 AM and was offered the same seats that are now on StubHub - back of Orchestra only.

I saw Springsteen on Broadway and it was truly a theatrical event. Not a concert. I didn't think it was worth the money, but went for the experience. I really don't think that Moz plans on offering anything beyond the usual 1 hr 20 minute concert with YouTube videos as the opener. Hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
PRESALE SOLD OUT!!!
:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

SOON TO ARRIVE:

THE SECOND SOLD OUT PRESALE!!:thumb::rock::thumb:

Has anything suggested a special show? Poster just says greatest hits and new songs

Or will Tom Jones pop in?

If he was really going for the cash he’d say very special guests (marr speculation) and then have Kristen young pop out.

I saw Springsteen on Broadway and it was truly a theatrical event. Not a concert. I didn't think it was worth the money, but went for the experience. I really don't think that Moz plans on offering anything beyond the usual 1 hr 20 minute concert with YouTube videos as the opener. Hope I'm wrong.

I'm curious too about how "theatrical" this is going to be - there are only a couple of days between his shows in Montreal and the start of his run on Broadway - so unless he's rehearsing somewhere during his off hours, I doubt too that this will be that much different from a usual concert. I can't tell if there is anything running at the Lunt Fontanne before his start. - if so, then I don't know how he'd be able to prepare and rehearse in the space. But hope I'm wrong too!

Has anything suggested a special show? Poster just says greatest hits and new songs

Or will Tom Jones pop in?
The only real suggestion as to why a Broadway residency was via the management quotes (from the press release) that SlicingUpEyeballs cited:
"The singer’s publicist says Moz will be putting on a “retrospective show” that “promises an intimate yet exciting exploration of Morrissey’s expansive career from his early days to his upcoming new record California Son.” It’s not yet clear whether this will be a Springsteenesque mixture of story and song, or something more akin to a regular concert."
Regards,
FWD.

Not sure about that, my wife just bought 2 tickets for Wicked on the 6th May for $298?
Apols - probably me being out of touch then. I had just seen Hamilton tickets going for 1k-2.8k a seat in similar orchestra seats.
Regards,
FWD.

I love New York. Great times. Stayed at the Algonquin a few years back, did the full week of stuff. I will go back soon, but not to see this Nazi apologist.

Apols - probably me being out of touch then. I had just seen Hamilton tickets going for 1k-2.8k a seat in similar orchestra seats.
Regards,
FWD.

I think we may get theatre tickets cheaper when we book in the UK, was the same when we went to see the Lion King in Vegas, tickets were cheaper via UK sites than US sites.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom