Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session today ~ Broadcast next week.

Re: Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session today ~ Broadcast next wee

I'm not sure if someone has already posted this in one of the several threads about these new songs, but I just noticed on Boz's facebook page that someone asked him if "Action is My Middle Name" is the same as "Action Man." Boz said that this is a new song.

He could be obfuscating things. Technically both could be true. I find it odd -though admittedly not impossible- that Morrissey would write two totally different sets of lyrics with the word "action" in the title between one album and the next.

Re: Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session today ~ Broadcast next wee

I think and he needs to bury all of these Years Of Refusal continuations. Hopefully if this Stephen Street rumour is true, then I hope it changes...
I think Morrissey's lyrics are very disappointing for me. Come on, "The Kids A Looker" is terribly weak.
I wish he would get a new band, new style and new inspiration from somewhere. Morrissey needs to keep his legendary status

average.......................not worth waiting up for, which i didnt, as ive just listened on bbc i player, i will listen again but im afraid i cant feel them growing on me.
for once i feel the band sounded better than the voice, he seemed to struggle to hold the tunes.
i wonder if he feels these are the best ones off a possible new album, i so i will buy it for completness, not because it excites me.

I enjoyed the piano driven start of the first song thinking Morrissey had discovered a new sound but then it just descended into another ham fisted power chord fest. I'm a bit disappointed with it but not entirely surprised. It's a good indicator of where Morrissey is as an artiste at this moment in time. Before I'm accused of not being a real fan, the truth is I have been a huge fan for 20 years but his current musical output is poor. I think he needs to get on the phone to a certain Mr Alain Whyte asap or just sack the entire band and find some new inspiration. Musically the current line up have gone as far as they can. Take a leaf out of Mark E's book and sack the lot of 'em before it's too late.

220px-Anubis_standing.svg.png

Look at the rearview mirror! :cool: I just noticed this from the mainpage. This is what he means when he says he's a living sign. Okay I will shut up now.

jed_and_morrissey_2.med.jpg

Last edited:

I remember that Len Brown video clip curbside interview from a few years back where Morrissey is effusing about Marc Bolan and T. Rex but says how awful and silly the later stuff was.

HE WAS NOT SAYING HE NO LONGER LOVED BOLAN. He was simply saying that the latterday output was awful.

See, you can retain admiration and love and nostalgia for an artist but still admit that even your favorite heroes sometimes lose their flavor on the bedpost overnight.

I must be in a minority of one who thought the Kid song was quite good. In comparison to the other two. All three are pretty dreadful and have an aura of "will this do?"

Compare and contrast with the other unsigned JL session in 2002. admittedly he'd been away a while. But those tunes were miles better than this turgid formulaic crap. Compare and contrast. No Alain Whyte? No quality control? No need to really prove anything (as we'll still sell out his shows in record time even if he became Marcel Marceau)

Get that book out

He could be obfuscating things. Technically both could be true. I find it odd -though admittedly not impossible- that Morrissey would write two totally different sets of lyrics with the word "action" in the title between one album and the next.

You know, or he could just be lying...which he does.

I think you make a good point. Going into this, there were similarities between his performance on Craig Kilborn during his seven year exile and yesterday's Janice Long session. Whereas the Kilborn performance seemed to clinch the Quarry record deal, I find it hard to imagine these songs helped spark interest.

Still, I'm sure the plan will come to fruition: he releases his autobiography and final album, tours, and calls it a career.

It just strikes me how little left he has to say. I wish something would inspire him. Perhaps a move to Mexico el Moz?

How would YOU know? And why should he be lying?

Because Boz has lied numerous times...not too long ago, someone asked him on Facebook if there would be any UK tour dates. He said 'No. There are currently no touring plans'. Two days later, True-To-You released the 2011 tour schedule. It isn't like you can negotiate and finalize an entire tour in two days without the knowledge of your band...

have to say very poor stuff, lack of melodies and lack lustre lyrics like most of the last two albums,one song in particular there seems to be hardly any words just repeated endlessly.

I agree with the general concensus that it about time Morrissey got rif of Boz and co who are the Patron st of mediorcity, stephen street would be a massive improvement. hopefully none of this tracks make it near the next album.

What would Morrissey think if he reads this thread?
yes, i also think those songs are not his best, i was a bit shocked when i discovered that he made this, but i really hope he will make us happy again with his songs!

yes, i also think those songs are not his best, i was a bit shocked when i discovered that he made this, but i really hope he will make us happy again with his songs!

Hopefully, that it's time to up his game lyrically, sack the deadwood and stop throwing the fans cold scraps and expecting us to be pleased.

Hopefully, that it's time to up his game lyrically, sack the deadwood and stop throwing the fans cold scraps and expecting us to be pleased.

godzillaowned6fu.gif

Why does he have to "evolve." why can't he sing the thoughts he wants to sing in the style he likes? Are you suggesting he's musically ill-advised? That he doesn't have enough experience to know what sounds he likes? This criticism baffles me, it doesn't give his musical intelligence and years in the field any credit.

He doesn't have to evolve, he can chose irrelevance. For me, it would be really sad to see a musical icon go out that way. As for credit due, that's what has been keeping him afloat these past several years: we'll sign you to a record deal Moz, but you need to release another Greatest Hits collection so we can recoup the costs.

That there are loads of people who hang onto his every word and wish he cared as much about his current music as we do?

That there are loads of people who hang onto his every word and wish he cared as much about his current music as we do?

He'll probably just think "Those ingrates. They should feel blessed I graced them with my presences. Oh well, time to go suffer through an hour of pawing for a couple thousand dollars...or maybe I'll just punish them by feigning ill"

He'll probably just think "Those ingrates. They should feel blessed I graced them with my presences. Oh well, time to go suffer through an hour of pawing for a couple thousand dollars...or maybe I'll just punish them by feigning ill"

Ha! See, I'm not even that cynical and I'm universally hated in this Forum. I think I need to abandon my pragmatic view towards his music and go full in cynic. What's it like? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom