Morrissey. The iconoclast remix

Librarian On Fire

Morrissey and Smiths songs have been covered by many artists. Some covers acceptable. Others woeful rubbish. However has any artist attempted to do a slightly dancy remix of a Morrissey song?

I've always thought that "My Love Life" would be perfect for a remix. The line of "I know you love" would sound really good in a loop. Some very very gentle handbag house beats behind the whole song and it could work quite well.

I heard a remix of a new Lykki Li song on the radio this morning while driving to work, and it surprised me how quickly songs get a remix, extended, the DJ somebody treatment. But not Morrissey. Perhaps he is too sacrosanct to remix.

I like the Mexican Institute of Sound remix of "Something is Squeezing My Skull," but if I remember correctly, not a lot of other people liked it.

Is this the kind of thing you're talking about? There was also that Toy Selectah mix of "Carol," but I think even MORE people disliked that, myself included. I don't think it was executed that well. And Sparks remixed "Suedehead" at one point, I believe, but I've never felt the urge to search that one out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom