When last I spoke to Carol - the Bergerac remix

The master tracks must be available out in the public somewhere; they seem to have isolated Morrissey's voice and Boz's acoustic and removed the echo from them, not an easy task to cleanly do with software, as far as I'm aware.

Goofy reworking. I like how the bass sounds, though.

I'm not averse to Jerry Finn's production on Years but I do get what some are saying about the "loudness wars" and "bombastic".
This mix gave me one idea though - I'd like to hear Morrissey slow things down more, smoke a blunt and do a real reggae track (with authentic backing musicians) with some classic Morrissean wit and observations on the human condition.

I now think ROTT is better than Years and Quarry in one aspect - it had Rome and Europe as a backdrop. Think of it as cultural art direction.
Hope the new album has something like that.

The master tracks must be available out in the public somewhere; they seem to have isolated Morrissey's voice and Boz's acoustic and removed the echo from them, not an easy task to cleanly do with software, as far as I'm aware.

It's very hard. A friend of mine is a professional DJ and he says all good remixes are done with the a-capella track. You can strip vocals from a song but you lose part of them when getting rid of everything else and you can still hear the original track feintly. You then take that track and put your remix over it and it drowns out the feint residue of the original. Different artists release a-capella tracks or even the full set of unmixed tracks but Morrissey doesn't seem like the type that would. The latin remix (Toy Selecta mix???) is clearly done with the full song stripped apart, not masters.

There is a house version of Journey's Don't Stop Believing and the vocals are from someone who redid thim as close to the original as possible because Journey never released the a-capella track. Most people don't realize it's not Steve Perry unless you tell them.

Back
Top Bottom