• The Youngest Was The Most Loved

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Children In Pieces

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • On The Streets I Ran

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
You have Killed Me is a great song..:)

I like If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me, it's a nice little tune - except for the lyrics.

'On The Streets I Ran' FTW,

Why do so many people see this song as bland filler? One of my absolute Morrissey faves! In the same underrated category as 'How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?' and 'Best Friend On The Payroll'. Guess I like the 'rawkier' tracks. :)

Last edited:
The music's ok, but the lyrics are appallingly bad.

The ending is sort of awkward but the rest of the lyrics are good. The music is fantastic.

"And when the palmist read..." I love it when he sings that. It's wrought with desperation.

You have killed me or In the future when all's well.

I'm one of those people who doesn't like On the Streets I Ran. The music is okay, but the song is all over the place. In the lyric, "a working-class face glares back at me from the glass and lurches..." Those odd vocal dips... like nails on a chalkboard. And that whole ending lyric...:confused:...yes, just spare me.

To each their own.

For me the nails on chalkboard moments are what makes Morrissey such a great lyricist. Give me lyrics that stand out and make me feel something rather than the bland non-committal tripe of people like Coldplay and Radiohead.

My first thought when I saw the list is that Tobias is not much worth as a songwriter.

My highligths on ROTT are acutally all of the songs he has not written, such as "Dear God","Pigsty","I`ll never be anybody`s hero now" and "to me you are a work of art."

ALAIN WHYTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Who can so many of you love "on the Streets I ran"?

To me that song is just awful. I got the same disapointing feeling when he chose to play "I`m not sorry" and "All the lazy dykes" when I saw him twise in 2004. If two songs could send me to sleep, those are the ones!!!!

Who can so many of you love "on the Streets I ran"?

To me that song is just awful. I got the same disapointing feeling when he chose to play "I`m not sorry" and "All the lazy dykes" when I saw him twise in 2004. If two songs could send me to sleep, those are the ones!!!!

I agree. I found 'On the Streets' virtually unlistenable. Will try and listen to it this evening to see if I've misjudged...

Back
Top Bottom