Morrissey vs. Sherlock Holmes...

The Seeker of Good Songs

...or A. Conan Doyle.

I was reading to the a Sherlock Homes story yesterday, The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" and in it was a line that made me think it could possibly be someting Morrissey would say.

Holmes is addressing Watson and says, "I fear that my practice has come down to finding lost lead pencils and giving advice to young ladies from boarding schools."

Not much to it but makes a good word picture, which much of Morrissey's lyrics and statements make.

Nonsense--no proper Victorian lady would be caught dead out in the sun; that was reserved for the menial classes. You're reading way too much into it!

Okay, now I'm confused. I thought it was A. Conan Doyle who brought the terms "hood rat" and "ho running" into the English language??? Isn't it obvious his preference was for the "menial" classes?!

i was hoping this thread was going to play the two off against each other , i was looking for one wears a dear stalker the other has a quiff whats best type of debate

in my opinion , both are good but for mysterys it has to be holmes and for everything else good old mozz

this is dumb .. im sorry

I dunno. You can flatten a quiff, can you flatten a "dear stalker?"

Back
Top Bottom