I'm Not Worth Hitting
Kit
Take Us The Way We Are
Fast Car, Sharp Bend, Goodbye
Hanratty
I Know Who I Love
Nightmare
The Leeches Go On Removing
It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small (original)
No One Can Hold A Candle To You (original)
Home Is A Question Mark
I'm Playing Easy To Get
Noise Is The Best Revenge
Action Man
Teresa, Teresa
When I Was Young
I'm Looking Forward To Going Back
I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me
Action Is My Middle Name
The Kid's A Looker
People Are The Same Everywhere
Scandinavia
Art-hounds

Films

South With Morrissey
Wolverhampton

Anybody know of anything else that could be added or any reason something should be taken off?

Last edited by a moderator:
By "in the vaults" I'm assuming you mean songs that he's written but not necessarily recorded?

And haven't both "Glass Menagerie" and "I Misses You" (instrumental only, there was only ever a title, no lyrics were written) leaked or am I mistaken?

By "in the vaults" I'm assuming you mean songs that he's written but not necessarily recorded?

And haven't both "Glass Menagerie" and "I Misses You" (instrumental only, there was only ever a title, no lyrics were written) leaked or am I mistaken?

A combination of things written but not recorded, recorded but no vocal track, unfinished tracks, demos (some under different names), unreleased finished studio tracks...basically, anything that has yet to see an official release that is known exists.

Mr. Reynolds leaked 'Glass Menagerie' a few years ago, I recall...from what I understand, it evolved into 'The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils'.

As far as 'I Misses You' goes, from what I understand, there is more instrumentation to the final version than what is available on the leaked track.

A combination of things written but not recorded, recorded but no vocal track, unfinished tracks, demos (some under different names), unreleased finished studio tracks...basically, anything that has yet to see an official release that is known exists.

Mr. Reynolds leaked 'Glass Menagerie' a few years ago, I recall...from what I understand, it evolved into 'The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils'.

As far as 'I M isses You' goes, from what I understand, there is more instrumentation to the final version than what is available on the leaked track.

:blushing: boop!

As far as 'I Misses You' goes, from what I understand, there is more instrumentation to the final version than what is available on the leaked track.

Gotcha. Didn't know that about "I Misses You."

There was one at the final Smiths session called "You Don't Know Anything" - but I don't think they got very far with it.

Other solo titles that spring to mind are "The Leeches Go On Removing" from Maladjusted, and "Laughing Anne" and "Agreeable Civil Servant". I seem to remember the title "It's The Place I Love" but I can't recall whether it was a hoax or not.

Under the Films heading, what about adding the 1991 Tim Broad Kill Uncle tour documentary, that was referenced by joe frady in an earlier thread? I know it supposedly wasn't completed 100%, due to Tim's failing health, but I'd love to see whatever footage there is.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/115681-Morrissey-Live-at-the-Hollywood-Bowl-2007/page14

For me the 'holy grail' is the 1991 Tim Broad documentary of the 'Kill Uncle' US tour (1st leg) which was snuffed out just prior to an MTV broadcast and PMI long-form VHS release. Snippets popped up in 2003 in 'The Importance Of Being Morrissey' but I don't know of anyone that has seen the full piece. I'd eat a scabby shite to own that.

Last edited:
For films, would the tour wrap-up party video from 1983 count? Rogan mentions it in his book.

"Cage of Marriage" is an intriguing title, anyone know more about this track?

I'll take a guess...it's three and a half minutes long and it's all about how marriage is a dead end and a trap and how only the intellectually superior, like Morrissey, are able to see through it. The lyrics are replete with rhymes and clever puns. There's a lot of "oh ohs" during the coda that mirror the vocal melody of the chorus, and it fades out rather than comes to a full stop.

I'll take a gander...it's three and a half minutes long and it's all about how marriage is a dead end and a trap and how only the intellectually superior, like Morrissey, are able to see through it. The lyrics are replete with rhymes and clever puns. There's a lot of "oh ohs" during the coda that mirror the vocal melody of the chorus, and it fades out rather than comes to a full stop.

:lbf: yeah, that sounds about right :thumb:. A sort of solo William...?

Yeah maybe, but at this point I'd take an old Solo-era throwaway over anything we've been presented with in the last five years being touted as "the best music I've ever made."

Yeah maybe, but at this point I'd take an old Solo-era throwaway over anything we've been presented with in the last five years being touted as "the best music I've ever made."

What do you all think is the likelihood of one or two of these eventually appearing on his new album? Like some of the ROTT/Refusal-era ones?

I'll take a guess...it's three and a half minutes long and it's all about how marriage is a dead end and a trap and how only the intellectually superior, like Morrissey, are able to see through it. The lyrics are replete with rhymes and clever puns. There's a lot of "oh ohs" during the coda that mirror the vocal melody of the chorus, and it fades out rather than comes to a full stop.

If I understand correctly, this track became 'Will Never Marry'...

I'm Not Worth Hitting

Agreeable Civil Servant

Buddy Buried Deeply

& I Don't Want Us To Finish need commiting to record, I'd love to hear the lyrics.

Nosebleeds

I Get Nervous
(I Think) I'm Ready For The Electric Chair
Peppermint Heaven
The Living Jukebox

The Smiths

I Want A Boy For My Birthday
Don't Blow Your Own Horn
A Matter Of Opinion
I Misses You
The Click Track
Me Satisfied
(Now And Then There's) A Fool Such As I
You Don't Know Anything

Solo

I Don't Want Us To Finish
Striptease With A Difference
Born To Hang
Kill Uncle
Belfast
Cage Of Marriage
Chainsaw
Experiment
Glass Menagerie
One Of Our Own
Sisterama
Laughing Anne
Agreeable Civil Servant
Buddy Buried Deeply
Snake Curves Silently
In Control of Dame Dominance
I'm Not Worth Hitting
Kit
Take Us The Way We Are
Fast Car, Sharp Bend, Goodbye
Hanratty
I Know Who I Love
Nightmare
The Leeches Go On Removing
It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small (original)
No One Can Hold A Candle To You (original)
Home Is A Question Mark
I'm Playing Easy To Get
Noise Is The Best Revenge
Action Man
Teresa, Teresa
When I Was Young
I'm Looking Forward To Going Back
I Was Bully, Do Not Forget Me
Action Is My Middle Name
The Kid's A Looker
People Are The Same Everywhere
Scandinavia
Art-hounds

Films

South With Morrissey
Wolverhampton

Anybody know of anything else that could be added or any reason something should be taken off?

It's worth noting that Honey You Know Where To Find Me was considered for Vauxhall with a different set of music by Alain Whyte. I believe Chainsaw and Sisterama were reference titles at the early mix down phase for Speedway and Sister I'm a Poet respectively, so they are not true unreleased tracks per se. Similarly, I think Buddy Buried Deeply, Snake Curves Silently, and In Control of Dame Dominance were rumored but never confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom