morrissey xfactor judge

lostsoul2

full time moz fan
i think it would be brilliant if moz takes over as a judge for xfactor .. what does anyone think ?

If he did, it would be a matter of minutes until a contestant turned up, hair quiffed, flowers in pocket, droning tunelessly and spinning on one leg...

i think it would be brilliant if moz takes over as a judge for xfactor .. what does anyone think ?
Oh please no. I despise this show. I remember when it was mooted that he would sing the Eurovision entry. I do not like the idea of my musical hero being linked with this dross!

Surely this program is a disgrace with its exploitation of the deluded. Add that to the fact that the judges would probably have kicked Moz off if he was auditioning. I would be appalled if Morrissey associated himself with this appalling freak show. Christ, it's hard enough as it is being a Morrissey fan!

x.jpg

I thought Morrissey despised shows like X Factor and Idol. If he were to be a judge on one of those, he may as well get an off season job as a meat inspector at the local slaughter house.

My dad loves those shows. Its kind of like a sleazy modern day Lawrence Welk that his parents watched growing up, being entertained by singers on a stage on television during prime time. I wouldn't be surprised if Morrissey's parents werent the same a little bit and wouldn't beam with pride that their son was a judge. I still don't see it happening though. :p

On the Five Live phone-in this morning, between 9 and 10 and no doubt now on iPlayer, the topic was the X Factor and Morrissey got an unusual mention. They interviewed an ex Coronation Street actor, name unknown, but who had a tick Norn Oirish accent, and played someone called "Jim". Out of nowhere he said, correctly, that just because you don't make it as a superstar it doesn't mean you can't have a successful career in showbiz. To illustrate his point he mentioned his friend who is a successful session trumpeter, "and lives with Morrissey." Proficient in the playing of the pink oboe too, perhaps...

PS - Dunno if it's been mentioned elsewhere on here, but rumour in my town (Reading, Berkshire, thirty miles or so west of London) is that Morrissey is either currently (or has very recently been) recording at Hook End Manor, Trevor Horn's gaff. Not seen the great man myself, although I did see him wandering through town one Monday morning when he recorded here during the Ouija Board, Ouija Board era. A story I heard at the time said that one day Moz went mental because his hair was all over the place and he demanded a stylist before he'd do anything else. Not being able to get a stylist at such short notice they co-opted the woman who made the sarnies to go up and fiddle with the legendary locks. Result? Morrissey delighted with the "stylist" who smelt vaguely of margarine I'd like to think, and the session back on.

Last edited:
Interesting.

I agree with everything CrystalGeezer and Skylarker say. Therefore, I also found the above post interesting.

Ah, but how do you juxtapose this confession of faith against the very blunt reality that Crystal Geezer and I very rarely agree with each other?

Back
Top Bottom