Morrissey, you are the quarry

B

Brutalful

So I was just looking at the album cover and it says "Morrissey, You are The Quarry"

I never noticed the comma before. Who do you think told him this? Is it said in the vain of "David Bowie Rocks, but Morrissey, you are the quarry?"

Hmm... Im bored.

What the hell does it mean?

> So I was just looking at the album cover and it says "Morrissey, You
> are The Quarry"

> I never noticed the comma before. Who do you think told him this? Is it
> said in the vain of "David Bowie Rocks, but Morrissey, you are the
> quarry?"

> Hmm... Im bored.

> What the hell does it mean?
Paranoia, he feels hunted? Nah...We are the quarry, as in who he's aiming at to buy the album....philosophical comment as in we are all the hunted ones ,by somebody for something...I dunno either.I'm lonely and bored.

> Paranoia, he feels hunted? Nah...We are the quarry, as in who he's aiming
> at to buy the album....philosophical comment as in we are all the hunted
> ones ,by somebody for something...I dunno either.I'm lonely and bored.

whilst on the subject of the cover, i find the way he points the gun quite interesting, is it meant to be him pointing a gun at everyone else on the shelves of the music store, and the reson he points it down and two the right is because the presumption is that the record will be at the top of the charts

oh well another one with too much time

"quarry" registers in other ways

The word "quarry" no doubt registers with Morrissey's anti-hunting sensibilities. A quarry is also a source from which materials -- usually valuable ones -- are drawn. The title could be read as, Morrissey is an artistic well-spring.

Re: "quarry" registers in other ways

> The word "quarry" no doubt registers with Morrissey's
> anti-hunting sensibilities. A quarry is also a source from which materials
> -- usually valuable ones -- are drawn. The title could be read as,
> Morrissey is an artistic well-spring.

Thank God for English majors. My dears, you explicate to much and decorate too little. Bon mot voyage.

It's funny, because I noticed the comma first thing and...

it really intrigued the hell out of me. I wondered why he put it there, and I have come to the conclusion that he meant the title as a statement -- as in someone saying to him, "Morrissey, you are the Quarry."

Quarry was capitalized as well, so it's a proper noun referring to one specific thing. What that thing is is anyone's guess. I figure that Morrissey IS the Quarry -- the hunted one, the sought after thing, the goal. At least he is for me, but in a good way. However, for reporters and people who do not care about him, he is the Quarry in that they want to hunt him down and do damage to him in some way or other.

I suppose being the Quarry can be both a positive and negative thing, depending on who's doing the hunting, and of course Moz knows this and wanted to project just that thought exactly, in fact. Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom