Morrissey's cancelled publishing deal

Moz is a bit touchy, isn't he? ( I like that)

Last edited:
I read it more that he was in two minds about the deal anyway and receiving that fax probably made him think "This is going to be more hassle than it's worth, they aren't going to stop bugging me to do promo work".

But if you want to start going on about how "queens" are all the same, I suppose it's nothing more than I've come to expect of the level of debate on here. :rolleyes:

I read it more that he was in two minds about the deal anyway and receiving that fax probably made him think "This is going to be more hassle than it's worth, they aren't going to stop bugging me to do promo work".

But if you want to start going on about how "queens" are all the same, I suppose it's nothing more than I've come to expect of the level of debate on here. :rolleyes:

I read it as Morrissey's outrage over F & F asking him to write a flattering blurb (or maybe even a special introduction?) for "Death's Sweet Kiss: Fifty Out-of-This-World Dessert Recipes by Gothic Gourmand 'Fat' Robert Smith".

I love the fact, Morrissey won't be roped into hyping up anybody..he's not like the others, thank god

F & F leaked some of Morrissey's rejected promotional blurbs. I don't know, they don't sound so good to me. Maybe we're better off without the deal.

Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code:

"The first time you pick it up, it's like being plugged into a giant wind-powered turbine that zaps you right in your spine with a chilling and all-too-believable conspiracy theory. And the second time? There was no second time, idiot. I never put it down".

Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series:

"Brilliant and frightening all in one go. Meyer is a weighty female voice. A ringing endorsement for not drinking blood, not eating meat, not having sex, not having children, and for God's sake not living in the Pacific Northwest".

J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series:

"Time-consuming as these books might be to finish, in the long run you're better off because the overwhelming aroma of Rowling's viscous prose style will cure you forever of the desire to read literature".

Eric Clapton's Clapton:

"I cannot recommend this book enough. A fascinating and disturbing glance into the cavernous mind of an 'axeman'. Nobody will ever listen to the musings of legendary guitar players quite the same way again, I assure you".

Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper:

"Astonishing. Deeply affecting. The English language has been waiting for an argument for self-destruction on multiple levels-- I defy readers to finish this book without thinking of suicide ten or eleven times. Your beach bag won't be complete without it".

Lauren Conrad, L.A. Candy:

"Interested in clearing a room? I could not stop laughing from page one. The laughs came in torrents, great massive surging waves of chuckles that threatened to split my diaphragm in two. All the mad pointlessness of existence will hit you like a big iron safe falling from a great height".

Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers:

"Excellent. Riveting. Without equal. There is no better book for understanding how rare, precious, and deeply misunderstood I am".​

Last edited:
F & F leaked some of Morrissey's rejected promotional blurbs. I don't know, they don't sound so good to me. Maybe we're better off without the deal.

"The first time you pick it up, it's like being plugged into a giant wind-powered turbine that zaps you right in your spine with a chilling and all-too-believable conspiracy theory. And the second time? There was no second time, idiot. I never put it down".

"Brilliant and frightening all in one go. Meyer is a weighty female voice. A ringing endorsement for not drinking blood, not eating meat, not having sex, not having children, and for God's sake not living in the Pacific Northwest".

"Time-consuming as these books might be to finish, in the long run you're better off because the overwhelming aroma of Rowling's viscous prose style will cure you forever of the desire to read literature".

Eric Clapton's Clapton:

"I cannot recommend this book enough. A fascinating and disturbing glance into the cavernous mind of an 'axeman'. Nobody will ever listen to the musings of legendary guitar players quite the same way again, I assure you".

"Astonishing. Deeply affecting. The English language has been waiting for an argument for self-destruction on multiple levels-- I defy readers to finish this book without thinking of suicide ten or eleven times. Your beach bag won't be complete without it".

"Interested in clearing a room? I could not stop laughing from page one. The laughs came in torrents, great massive surging waves of chuckles that threatened to split my diaphragm in two. All the mad pointlessness of existence will hit you like a big iron safe falling from a great height".

"Excellent. Riveting. Without equal. There is no better book for understanding how rare, precious, and deeply misunderstood I am".​

:lbf:

Eric Clapton's Clapton:

:bow:

However, a member of staff at the Faber is believed to have faxed Morrissey asking him to support the publicity work of another author and the singer instantly withdrew the deal.

Moz won't plug anyone, will he?

:D

Really now? It's some mystery virus that is plaguing Morrissey? This all sounds a tiny bit Page 6 to me.

Back
Top Bottom