Moz Conventions and Tribute shows...Silly or not?

I've taken this topic from one of my previous replies to another person's thread.

Besides myself, how many of you feel silly attending these Moz conventions and tribute shows realizing that you are in your 30's and still teeny-bopping around with kids in their early 20's?

I recently when to the SATH show, very good in its own right, and felt like that 'old guy' at high school parties. Don't get me started on how I started acting like a child once I had a few beers in me. I'm only 32 but feel like I should stop attending these conventions/tributes.

Does anyone feel the same?

Well - I am part of the 'early 20s' crowd and I really enjoy bopping around at Hooligans shows with you folks in your 30s, not to mention young teenagers, and well, fans of every conceivable age. :)

xo, math+

Math+, I also enjoy enjoy hanging out with all fellow Moz disciples. But trust me, when you hit your 30's your point of view will change...especially when you start having children.

When I was at the House of Blues show (SATH) I was looking down from the mezzanine and looking at all of the good looking girls..."back in 'da days" I would've had no problem approaching anyone, BUT, now that I am married and have a child, I feel like a creep. This, or course, is amplified due to the fact that I went to the show with my male friend.

DISCLAIMER: With all that said, I am by no means a 'loser.'..ie, the guy that hangs out at High School football games to pick up on chicks...it just becomes a little scary when it becomes evident that times are changing and so are you.

Desert Bee said:
Math+, I also enjoy enjoy hanging out with all fellow Moz disciples. But trust me, when you hit your 30's your point of view will change...especially when you start having children.

Well, I don't plan to have children, but, maybe my feelings will change, then again maybe not. Being 20+ years younger than Morrissey, Smiths+Moz fandom has always been a transgenerational experience for me - I've always known fans who were much older, so, while I obviously can't say for certain, I don't think I'll feel weird about being one of those older fans one day. I can understand, of course, how you'd feel different, being a bit closer to Morrissey's age. Maybe one day in 2026 I'll start feeling slightly out of place at a Franz Ferdinand gig or something. :)

I do invite you to bop along 'til the end of your days, though!

xo, math+

Well I have hung out with the teeny bopper Math in Oklahoma City and she made me feel like a sprite young man of fifty-three!

Hey Math! Its your OK travel partner, Mike. Howaya, howaya.

Like Desert Bee, I am in my early thirties. It's true, one does have a certain sea-change regarding your point of view, but then again its always fun to meet up with other like minds no matter what differences.

Now when I cannot keep my own in the surging crowd at the front of a show...then I might throw in the towel!

MrShoes

I think it depends on the person.

I'm 31, and sometimes I feel that old, especially when i go see a band like Of Motreal and see a lot of kids with large "X's" on the back of their hands to let the bartender know that they can't have alcohol while i've totally forgotten what those days were like, but then sometimes, I visit people who have "real" furniture or spouses and I feel very immature, even though it seems to me that having dinner parties with red wine and having a matching bedroom suit seems to me like they are playing dressup.

Suzanne said:
I'm 31, and sometimes I feel that old, especially when i go see a band like Of Motreal and see a lot of kids with large "X's" on the back of their hands to let the bartender know that they can't have alcohol while i've totally forgotten what those days were like, but then sometimes, I visit people who have "real" furniture or spouses and I feel very immature, even though it seems to me that having dinner parties with red wine and having a matching bedroom suit seems to me like they are playing dressup.

Wow, I think that is the longest sentence I've ever read!

Desert Bee said:
But trust me, when you hit your 30's your point of view will change...especially when you start having children.

Now, now... i was at the HOB Bday show... with my daughter. Im 30 and she is 3. She absolutely is in love with Morrissey... I definetly do not feel old when i go to these shows/conventions... i love every second of it. To be around all of these people who i know love this man as much as we do is awesome! And it brings me to tears to know that my daughter, so young, shares the same love for Morrissey as i do. Well maybe even more... lol. Just this morning she had to watch Oye Esteban before going to school. Mind you, we also watched it last nite!
So come say Hello to us at the Convention on the 25th! We look foward to meating ya'll!

xoxo-LinDy

Back
Top Bottom