Moz goes GaGa

Morrissey is always be-moaning the fact that pop music nowadays doesn't have anything to say. Do any of the GaGa fans on here seriously think that Morrissey is sitting in a dark room somewhere with Bad Romance on the record player, nodding to himself murmuring fascinating, fascinating.... I mean really! if you are off your face at a party it's great but otherwise.... "Caught in a bad romance
Caught in a bad romance
Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah
Roma, Roma-ma
GaGa, ooh la la
Want your bad romance
Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah
Roma, Roma-ma
GaGa, ooh la la
Want your bad romance
I want your ugly, I want your disease
I want your everything as long as it's free
I want your love, love, love, love
I want your love
I want your drama, the touch of your hand
I want your leather studded kiss in the sand
I want your love"

Morrissey is always be-moaning the fact that pop music nowadays doesn't have anything to say. Do any of the GaGa fans on here seriously think that Morrissey is sitting in a dark room somewhere with Bad Romance on the record player, nodding to himself murmuring fascinating, fascinating.... I mean really! if you are off your face at a party it's great but otherwise.... "Caught in a bad romance
Caught in a bad romance
Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah
Roma, Roma-ma
GaGa, ooh la la
Want your bad romance
Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah
Roma, Roma-ma
GaGa, ooh la la
Want your bad romance
I want your love
I want your love"

Bad Romance isn't a great example, but I think a song like Speechless is genuinely quite touching and is from the heart. I think Dance in the Dark is quite beautiful too in it's own way, you can't expect everyone to have Moz's way with words, hell even Morrissey doesn't have the same way with words that he used to have. But maybe Morrissey enjoys it on a different level? Maybe he does just find it incredibly catchy, who knows .. and why is it so wrong if he does? I'm sure there's plenty of music here the people that don't like Gaga do like that Morrissey wouldn't approve of.

I just don't see what the big deal really is. Kewpie said she was jealous of Morrissey hugging Russell and I think that's a big part in a lot of this, pure jealousy and creepy weird over protectiveness. It's totally fine to not like Gaga, but people need to stop making excuses for Morrissey as to why he might be seen with her, just accept it, god.

I joined this siet, jus to respond o this dreadful picture. Morrissey possed with Lady Gagey because to make a statement. Isn't that what morrissey does best? He is straight faced and mellow, not the least bit happy. To further the point, morrissey is, as gaga and buddy is not apart of Morrisseys life, he checked out some music, so isn't that also what he does? He os looking at possible talent. If he is lucky he will find some others with serious talent out there, but when has he been lucky, morrisseys never been lucky, he's workd hard for everyhing he has. This is just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

Which is not much.

Morrissey also likes Ride On Time by Black Box - he's allowed to like music dissimilar to his own you know.

I third it. Has he lost the plot?
She's vile.

I really don't see what the problem is.
There are worse people than GaGa in the world, she writes her own songs she knows her craft and seems to be quite able-I don't mind her.
I would rather see him pictured with her than some Indie no hoper band.
The other chap is a case in point, he is a joke. I heard about his band when I was in LA and thought, Oh dear.

To me this is just a shot of two fans with their hero, it just so happens that one of the fans is a mega star and the other is a prat.

I wonder why Morrissey went, I wouldn't have thought he liked her music even if the odd track is quite catchy?
Maybe because his old manager is there?
Maybe because he was invited?
Maybe because Linders niece is a huge GaGa fan and he wanted to get her back stage to meet her hero?

Nice that Moz is in Manchester again. I expect by the time I get up there later in the year he will be long gone.

Last edited:
Re: sorry for being off-topic

Yeah, I remember Reece Shearsmith from League Of Gentlemen saying it! He's from Hull! And I've grown up saying it sometimes.

Must be an East Riding thing, I'm from West Yorks and I've never heard it :lbf:

Caught in a bad romance
Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah
Roma, Roma-ma
GaGa, ooh la la
Want your bad romance
Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah
Roma, Roma-ma
GaGa, ooh la la
Want your bad romance
I want your love
I want your love"

that's some deep stuff right there

This doesn't surprise me, to be honest. I'm of two minds about it- I can see how he might appreciate her aesthetic and independence, but I can't imagine that he likes her music in any substantial way. Who knows, though? I personally can't stand her, but there's no accounting for taste I suppose, and she is clearly a fan (and his 'buddy' :rolleyes:).

Also, I'd never seen that jacket before. It is magnificent!

That was a wind up.

Ahmmmm...........not it wasn't. By all accounts he genuinely liked that record. This was confirmed by his friend Pete Burns in an interview somewhere back in the day.

And speaking of Burns it is well known that Morrissey also loved 'You Spin Me Round.'

To quote his own nephew, "he lives in LA, drives a jag and goes to the beach."

I really do think it's possible that Morrissey (much like the rest of us) does like the odd helping of pop nonsense. Tell me where is the harm?

This doesn't surprise me, to be honest. I'm of two minds about it- I can see how he might appreciate her aesthetic and independence,

independence...right....because that's what she and her marketing people want people to think she is...independent...and people eat it up gaaaaahhhhh. does anybody know how much her tickets cost? $120+ YES WHAT AN ARTIST I CAN TELL SHE'S REALLY TRYING TO MAKE A STATEMENT

You sound jealous.

I was thinking about starting an "I am playing tetris nonstop so my smart engineer doppleganger will have sudden insight into how to plug the hole" facebook page, but I'm thinking maybe I'd get more members if I started an "I am jealous of Lady Gaga" page instead. :p

Tags
gaga rocks! got my tix hataz moz sinking moz's cock
Back
Top Bottom