Moz quibbles about women wearing fur...

Suzanne

Hmmm... I wonder how many of these educated, upwardly mobile, female vegetarians happen to simply be first or second generation, culturally hindu, east-asian immigrants (a generous portion, I assume) thereby accounting for much of the differential in IQ? :confused:

I've been a veggie for almost a year now. I guess I have have a high IQ or is it just for women? And Morrissey has every right to have a go at people who wear fur it's disgusting. I don't go around wearing human skin.

What a great article, thanks. This should be one of those articles that gets emailed to 80 million people.

On the other hand, there are a few problems. For one, "There was no difference in IQ score between strict vegetarians and those who said they were vegetarian but who said they ate fish or chicken, the researchers add." Oops. For another, this is one of those correlations it's really tough to make any sense of. It's like citing Alice Walker or other (allegedly) good writers for being positive examples of vegetarians: by that token you can turn around and point to hundreds and even thousands of gifted writers through the ages who ate meat. Likewise you can point to a big majority of high IQ, accomplished people in the world who feast on flesh.

You can, however, talk about the health benefits, which seem all too obvious. Of course, it's such a bore asking people to spend 3 seconds reading things like "Recent studies suggest that vegetarianism may be associated with lower cholesterol, reduced risk of obesity and heart disease" when you can spit out a cool slogan like "KFC=Holocaust" or "Meat is murder!", so I'm sure these findings will be buried with all the others.

i didn't read the article but i don't think anyone really needs it. vegetarians are people who have enough brain and enough heart to figure out what is happening to these poor animals. you don't need a study to point that out. just go to your local buffet and look at the human blobs wabbling around, check out what's on their plate and you'll see- meat. so far, i haven't met a stupid vegetarian. and i've almost always met a shallow, selfish meateater!

...but that's just me.
ps. fur is disgusing!

blah blah blahhh, stop your f***ing moaning. i like meat.

I've been a veggie for almost a year now. I guess I have have a high IQ or is it just for women? And Morrissey has every right to have a go at people who wear fur it's disgusting. I don't go around wearing human skin.

and i'm sure that way many more people walk around wearing something leather based than fur based.

is fur really that big of a fashion trend in Europe? i don't visit there much and obviously can't see what people wear, but is it really on a grand scale that every woman on the continent has at least one fur coat?

Last edited:
is fur really that big of a fashion trend in Europe? i don't visit there much and obviously can't see what people wear, but is it really on a grand scale that every woman on the continent has at least one fur coat?

it really is.
and it's vile. even when i used to eat meat i still thought there's absolutely NO reason to wear/buy/condone fur.
i still remember a lady i saw in Prague....we just left the plane after a 9 hour flight from North America..only to be greeted by a crazy lunatic wearing a floor-length chinchilla coat. It was the most repulsive thing I have ever seen in my life....nothing says "Welcome to Europe" more than that..

i still have childhood traumas from a fox-scarf that my grandmother proudly wore...the thing is...it was like a fur scarf with taxidermied fox head at one end + limbs in various places...only there was like a clip in it's mouth so when the wearer wraps the thing around his neck, he clips the taid and the mouth together so it doesn't fall off....supposedly it was a big trend in the 60s in europe...
my mom says i never cried more than when i saw my granmother wearing that.
and the disgusting thing is...i inherit that thing (apparently it's worth a lot because it's made from some extinc species of foxes....because of idiots who'd wear/buy something like that!!)..i don't know what I'm going to do with that monstrosity. maybe give it a proper burrial?
so yeah...fur is prettay big in europe...

I think people who wear fur have a number of motives. Obviously status is important to them and they think it says something about their status. Others actually think it's good to go around wearing animals and like to assert their authority as the "dominant species". But I think most of it is down to complete ignorance: people just don't realise what wearing fur represents, what a disgusting image they have and how the fur shows the pain and suffering of poor defenceless animals.

It's the same for most things to do with animal rights. People I know (morally decent people, supposedly) will still go on buying 2 chickens for £5 from a supermarket and eggs from Caged Hens because they're a few more pence per egg more expensive than Free Range ones. People don't realise the poor conditions the animals have to live with: poor food, no room, cruelty from those raising them etc, or if people do know they pretend it's not their responsibity to do anything about it. They stick their head in the sand and hope it'll go away.

and i'm sure that way many more people walk around wearing something leather based than fur based.

Leather/fur it's all disgusting either way. Fur is big in most parts of the world particular with those who consider themselves the elites of society, celebrities who are famous for their looks rather than their lack of talent. I wouldn't say every woman has one, but certainly a lot of celebrities will have fur coats galore. It's not as big as what it was once, but it's still there and women like Madonna and Jennifer Lopez who appear in magazines draped in animal fur and of course younger people think it's great to wear fur and the trend continues.

Back
Top Bottom