Moz to headline Glastonbury 2009

To be honest, I'd rather he didn't! Glasonbury has got sod all to do with music, and the people who go know f*** all about music. I had to sit on a train a few years back, in the middle of a load of twenty-somethngs. They talked at length about the upcoming Glastonbury ("we have to make sure we get a group photo on the first day" blah blah blah..). At no point did any of them mention anything to do with music. They were no different to the women in frocks going to Ascot, who wouldn't know a horses arse from its face! f***ing clueless, and there is plenty of them, I saw all them watching J -Whatsisface last night.

Rant over! I need to get to the allotment.

I think Eavis may want Morrissey as he is a big fan but I don't think Morrissey ever commits to something like that a year in advance.

If Eavis wanted Morrissey to headline then he should have put him at the top of the bill on 2004 instead of making him play second fiddle to Muse. It's incredible that he didn't think Morrissey was a headlining act back then, yet this year The Verve are worthy of headline status.

To be honest, I'd rather he didn't! Glasonbury has got sod all to do with music, and the people who go know f*** all about music. I had to sit on a train a few years back, in the middle of a load of twenty-somethngs. They talked at length about the upcoming Glastonbury ("we have to make sure we get a group photo on the first day" blah blah blah..). At no point did any of them mention anything to do with music. They were no different to the women in frocks going to Ascot, who wouldn't know a horses arse from its face! f***ing clueless, and there is plenty of them, I saw all them watching J -Whatsisface last night.

Agreed, it's become less about the music and more about the fashion. Stupid airhead girls trying and failing to emulate Kate Moss, and rich pretty boys trying to look like emaciated drug addicts...and all of whom get their musical knowledge and appreciation entirely from the pages of the NME.

Not gonna happen. And if it did it'd be a disaster because only a handful of people in the audience would know the songs he has in his setlist these days. Unless he played The Very Best of The Smiths from start to finish, no-one would be interested.

Also, if the new album is shite it definitely won't happen.

*Applaude*:clap:

I think Eavis may want Morrissey as he is a big fan but I don't think Morrissey ever commits to something like that a year in advance.

If Eavis wanted Morrissey to headline then he should have put him at the top of the bill on 2004 instead of making him play second fiddle to Muse. It's incredible that he didn't think Morrissey was a headlining act back then, yet this year The Verve are worthy of headline status.

From what I've seen (on the tv), second fiddle is the best place on the bill to be at Glastonbury. Why? Because you get the sun going down through your set. By the time the headliner comes on, it's dark & you don't get the same vibe.

I thought Amy Winehouse was spectacular last night by the way. And yes, Noel Gallagher was right, Jay-Z shouldn't have been there.

Tags
glastonbury
Back
Top Bottom