Moz, we know you check in on us!

I don't want to get all stupid about this, but when I first got here, a few years ago, I got into this long, philosophical discussion on the main page about The Morrissey Myth. I said that "Morrissey mythologized himself" meaning Morrissey took bits from his favorite British authors/poets/artists, etc., and fashioned a persona that was instantly timeless and iconic.

A very short time later Morrissey said in an interview that "some people say I mythologized myself, but you can't mythologize yourself, only other people can do that."

Now, I know other people discuss this all the time, but I did think that maybe, just maybe he, (or someone he knows) actually read those posts. I felt quite foolish for a little while.

I feel quite foolish now.

well not to feel foolish my friend. When DAnn Coulter, Nugz (i think), myself, and a few other brave ones were discussing FOX news, I mentioned that I felt ill and quite sick and out of place upon hearing that a certain solo-er enjoyed that rubbish. A day or two later Morrissey talked about feeling feverish and ill because of Fox news... and I found the vid on youtube... daresay I even mentioned it in the forum at that time...
and i too felt foolish...
but somewhere inside I still believe he read it and repeated.

I don't want to get all stupid about this, but when I first got here, a few years ago, I got into this long, philosophical discussion on the main page about The Morrissey Myth. I said that "Morrissey mythologized himself" meaning Morrissey took bits from his favorite British authors/poets/artists, etc., and fashioned a persona that was instantly timeless and iconic.

A very short time later Morrissey said in an interview that "some people say I mythologized myself, but you can't mythologize yourself, only other people can do that."

Now, I know other people discuss this all the time, but I did think that maybe, just maybe he, (or someone he knows) actually read those posts. I felt quite foolish for a little while.

I feel quite foolish now.

That is so crazy/creepy/cool!!!! I swear he is lurking on here!!!! Why wouldn't he? I think he's a curious person...he might not post, but he might lurk every now and then! If I were him, I certainly would.

Plus, didn't one of you mention that someone's signature was "It's Morrissey's Town, We Just Live In It"...and now it's appearing on the back of his tshirts?! Also, please don't flame me, but right before the new tour leg was announced, I remember someone created the user name "moztour" and started a thread with the subject line to the effect of "test ignore." The inside of the thread said "test ignore prepare." I remember then hearing the rumors only a few days later that he was possibly going to do a concert in Tijuana...if it wasn't Moz, it was certainly someone in his camp who already knew what was going on. Suspiciously, this same person also wished everyone in the UK a Merry Christmas in the thread about Moz possibly continuing his tour in the UK at the end of this year...

As for the "Melissa" comment...my name's Melissa and I'd like to think he was talkin' about me!!! :) After all, I have been shoving letters in the poor man's hand whenever I've had the chance. Of course, I'm sure he wasn't talking about me and was talking about that other Melissa, but it sure is nice to daydream!

Did you know Morrissey also predicted the fate of Princess Diana in his lyrics? You should check it out, the evidence is very compelling. :rolleyes:

You can link any two events through a chain of faulty logic.

In 2002 Janice Long interview he said that morrissey-solo was a great site.

Did you know Morrissey also predicted the fate of Princess Diana in his lyrics? You should check it out, the evidence is very compelling. :rolleyes:

haha! Dang it. Forgot about that Diana thing. Moz does use a computer, though, right? Didn't Pete Wentz "claim" to get an email from him? Why does everyone assume Morrissey's living in the dark ages and doesn't use the internet?

Yes, but it's much more fun to imagine him lurking here, taking in all this weirdness, and then giving it back.

You've got to admit, it would be epic if he actually checked in on the frink thread - it would make a good man turn bad...

Oh, I'm sure he's got an assistant reading stuff and letting him know. I doubt he's reading this on a regular basis.

Oh, I'm sure he's got an assistant reading stuff and letting him know. I doubt he's reading this on a regular basis.

i don;t think it isthat absurd. i mean this is a man who has been spotted going into record stores to look athis own cds (alleged of course)

I mean its not like he does;nt have the time to look

The internet is a dark hole of anonymous people passing through.Morrissey could be eneyone i read somewhere that mark ronson emailed morrissey about the stop me cover .We have seen the mac in his old house so he own`s a computer.I guess we will never know it could be eneyone the truth is out thier :D

BAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA :)::D

Hairdresser... I just realized! You said you "heard" him made typing gestures... How do you hear typing gestures? Or you wanted to say you "saw" him?? :p

Back
Top Bottom