New News On Vinyl Single.

Yes, Kuiper pointed out earlier about the date of the live was wrong.
German CD single might be a misprint or taken from a different source?

Last edited:
Yes, Kuiper pointed out earlier about the date of the live was wrong.
German CD single might be a misprint or taken from a different source?

Why would it be a misprint??

I just compared it to the bootleg and it's definitely from the 27th.

I didn't know The Last of the Famous International Playboys was played 27th October 2007 gig.

I got an email from Decca which listed the live is taken from 11th May 2007.
If UK CD's live is listed taken from 11 May 07 which is wrong unless it was recorded during soundcheck.

Last edited:
Why would it be a misprint??

I just compared it to the bootleg and it's definitely from the 27th.

The official version doesn't have the banter before or after the song (i.e. "Gracias" after "Stop Me" (before) and the "Don't restrain yourself, don't contain yourself" afterwards), does it? Because without those, that "Playboys" is a pretty boring, plodding version.

The official version doesn't have the banter before or after the song (i.e. "Gracias" after "Stop Me" (before) and the "Don't restrain yourself, don't contain yourself" afterwards), does it? Because without those, that "Playboys" is a pretty boring, plodding version.

No, there's no banter. It's cut off after the "Thank you". I actually prefer your recording because they've edited out the audience almost completely, you can't even hear them singing "playboys", you only hear Boz's backing vocals.

At least he has that "Fox News hands them stardom" line in that performance, which is a microscopically interesting and relevant political commentary.

I hope that the "The Boy With the Thorn in His Side" b-side has the "You can stick your head down the lavatory, but really, there's no way of forgetting" preamble.

I've listened to that boot a few times.

No, there's no banter. It's cut off after the "Thank you". I actually prefer your recording because they've edited out the audience almost completely, you can't even hear them singing "playboys", you only hear Boz's backing vocals.

What is the point of an official Moz live performance if it doesn't have the banter? Editing out the audience is fine enough (*sniff*), but the banter? That just sucks.

They came into work today and one of the seven inches has "francis" etched onto it. It's the same on all of that 1 of the seven inch. But there's nothing on the other one.

Are both CD and vinyl going to be realeased the same day? And can you buy the vinyl in any record shop? Sorry if this is an obvious question.

Yes to the first, depends on your local record shops to the second.

Thanks buddy, I really havent been careful with keeping a mint collection of Moz and Smiths stuff. i got most the CD's just as i was getting into them, and have chucked most the packaging away and kept the CD's. I just don't have much room for them, that's the thing. Everything is just about space and ease now. Being able to bring them with me when i travel, in a handy CD case. But i love the sentimentality of the physical whole CD and artwork, ESPECIALLY on vinyl. Mu word, vinyl is such a beautiful way of showing and playing music. I will probably start buying all the Moz and Smiths CD's again, and start buying them on vinyl too.

Does anybody have suggestions as to storage, and also, does anyone have any good sites or pointers to where i can browse over Smiths and Moz collectors music?. I don't want to take away from this origional thread question, just trying to not annoy moderators and people on here by starting a new thread :)

Thanks buddy, I really havent been careful with keeping a mint collection of Moz and Smiths stuff. i got most the CD's just as i was getting into them, and have chucked most the packaging away and kept the CD's. I just don't have much room for them, that's the thing. Everything is just about space and ease now. Being able to bring them with me when i travel, in a handy CD case. But i love the sentimentality of the physical whole CD and artwork, ESPECIALLY on vinyl. Mu word, vinyl is such a beautiful way of showing and playing music. I will probably start buying all the Moz and Smiths CD's again, and start buying them on vinyl too.

Does anybody have suggestions as to storage, and also, does anyone have any good sites or pointers to where i can browse over Smiths and Moz collectors music?. I don't want to take away from this origional thread question, just trying to not annoy moderators and people on here by starting a new thread :)

You seem to have a lot of time so I'd suggest you to read threads on Collectors Corner forum where you'll find some threads discussing about plastic bags and containers etc.

There's a whole Collector's Corner here! I suggest you spend some quality time there, because it's a treasure trove. :)

There's also a thread about record sleeves there. They should be easy to find because that section isn't heavily trafficked.

You seem to have a lot of time so I'd suggest you to read threads on Collectors Corner forum where you'll find some threads discussing about plastic bags and containers etc.

Looks like your back Kewpie. Havent recieved any of your world weary replys to me for a while ;) I have a lot of time cos i have wireless internet in the house and only go to uni and work in a small shop. Thanks for pointer.

There's a whole Collector's Corner here! I suggest you spend some quality time there, because it's a treasure trove. :)

There's also a thread about record sleeves there. They should be easy to find because that section isn't heavily trafficked.

Thanks much :) Will be mostly window (cyber window) shopping at the moment. Wish i had more money :( Juse general question. Do people notice if you spend a lot of time on here? And is it frownded upon? Just wondering. Still many customs and internal things i'm trying to get used to on this forum.

just got my cd single.
and i'm pretty sure it's from the hammerstein!

cd looks like a single on top (similar to the rott-single cds, but looks a bit moore oldscool since it has the decca logo)
completely black on the other side.

unfortunatly my macbook won't recognize the cd :eek:
maybe cos it's black??

Haven't got my copies yet but I ordered the together with the Greatest hits vinyl so I guess they won't come till it comes.

:(

Thanks much :) Will be mostly window (cyber window) shopping at the moment. Wish i had more money :( Juse general question. Do people notice if you spend a lot of time on here? And is it frownded upon? Just wondering. Still many customs and internal things i'm trying to get used to on this forum.

I would not worry about what people think regarding how long you spend here, it is no ones business. Frankly there are a few of us who can spend hours at a time here. Who cares. :rolleyes: :p

Back
Top Bottom