Noel Gallagher's Embarrassing Moz Incident

Dougal

Really funny anecdote on Russell Brand's Radio 2 show last night. Russell interviews Noel who teases him mercilessly about his Moz induced sycophancy and then recounts his most embarrassing encounter with a celeb- Morrissey. Can't possibly do it justice here- it's on the 'Listen Again' facility, starts about 25 minutes in. If anyone wants a transcript, say and will type it up later.

Me, me! I'd love to have transcript Dougal. But maybe someone can upload the show or post a link so you don't have to waste your precious time :)
Cheers.

^^Here you go:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/brand/
Press "listen again", skip 15 minutes, then skip 5 minutes a few times until you hear Noel start to speak.

Nice interview, Noel is always funny, "Morrissey's the most sarcastic Mancunian in the history of Mancunianism" :) . I have to say though that Russel Brand is so self centered - even more than Morrissey, I'd say, and that's quite a feat ;) . where was this interview Noel mentioned where Morrissey ended up interviewing Russel?

that was last week when russel interviewed morrissey, then they swapped places, and moz interviewed russel. I think you have the whole thing in the download section?

he was presenting an award to Morrissey and after he followed Morrissey (as Noel thought you were ment to both go off the stage the same way) and Morrissey went outside and got in a taxi - leaving Noel stood there locked outside

That was so funny listening to that last night, I especially liked the bit where Noel and Russell got to the strange point of almost arguing over who Morrissey likes best out of the two of them! I did feel sorry for Noel though, I can just imagine him standing slightly embarrassed and confused watching Moz drive off and giving him an odd look out the window! Interesting how there's that distance he has with people- that they didn't chat after they came off stage.

he was presenting an award to Morrissey and after he followed Morrissey (as Noel thought you were ment to both go off the stage the same way) and Morrissey went outside and got in a taxi - leaving Noel stood there locked outside

Poor Noel. I'm having trouble with it, it doesn't play when I click 'listen again'. But here's another anecdote by Noel about almost meeting Morrissey (from the NME 2003 Smiths special):

http://www.alinkarel.plus.com/smiths/smithsnme3b.jpg

"I saw him once, in the street in Camden. It was the day 'Some Might Say' went to Number One and I was coming back from the off-licence 'cos I was having a party that night. He was with some woman and she ran up behind me and says, 'Morrissey says hello' and I said, 'I'm having a party tonight. If he wants to come it's number 38a.' So we had the party and the next time I got out of bed there was a Smiths postcard on the floor and on the back it said, 'Give me a ring, we'll go shoplifting', and there was this humber. So I called it and he didn't answer the phone. Apparently he does it regularly."

Poor Noel. I'm having trouble with it, it doesn't play when I click 'listen again'. But here's another anecdote by Noel about almost meeting Morrissey (from the NME 2003 Smiths special):

http://www.alinkarel.plus.com/smiths/smithsnme3b.jpg

"I saw him once, in the street in Camden. It was the day 'Some Might Say' went to Number One and I was coming back from the off-licence 'cos I was having a party that night. He was with some woman and she ran up behind me and says, 'Morrissey says hello' and I said, 'I'm having a party tonight. If he wants to come it's number 38a.' So we had the party and the next time I got out of bed there was a Smiths postcard on the floor and on the back it said, 'Give me a ring, we'll go shoplifting', and there was this humber. So I called it and he didn't answer the phone. Apparently he does it regularly."

I wonder what he means by 'he does it often'. Like he doesn't answer his phone often ,or he cruelly invites people out knowing well it'll never happen, just for kicks and to laugh about it by himself :p

I love Noel. Did anyone see him on Parkinson, he's ridiculously sorted out, logical and witty. He's also probably the person I enjoy the most talking about Moz or the Smiths :cool:

Love all three men in question to pieces. My liking of Noel and Oasis predated that of my Smiths and Morrissey loving. Noel is endlessly quotable and witty.

As for Russell, three reasons to like him 1) He's funny as, 2) He is a Morrissey fan and 3) He, like myself, supports West Ham. Top fella!

As for that story, sounds typically Morrissey!

Back
Top Bottom