One Last Smoke

Sister_Steve

We all hate Leeds scum!
My fellow Englishmen and women.....

The sad day has finally arrived, the days of smoking indoors are no more.

I have some brilliant memories of smoking in pubs over the past 5 years and going to pubs will never be the same experience again.

I intend to have my one last smoke in a pub today (well more like 20 last smokes) and I urge you all to do the same, as it will never happen again!

Thank you for smoking.

I have some brilliant memories of smoking in pubs over the past 5 years and going to pubs will never be the same experience again.

I intend to have my one last smoke in a pub today (well more like 20 last smokes) and I urge you all to do the same, as it will never happen again!

Thank you for smoking.

I'll drink (and smoke) to that!

Thank you for smoking.
Yep, i fully intend to be fag ash lil one more time today.

Well I for one applaud the ban :D

For those about to smoke, I salute you....

Picture054-1.jpg

Steph - I salute you on this last day.....
from Philadelphia with love:)

Jukebox Jury

I don't smoke, and I wouldn't want to, but the smoking ban still makes me sad. It is, in the words of Pat Evans, the end of an era. Plus both my parents smoke, and whenever I go anywhere with them now I'll have to keep sitting on my own or go outside with them. But then, there's something having two smokers as parents that makes you a bit funny about smoking, I like the smell of it :o

I don't smoke, and I wouldn't want to, but the smoking ban still makes me sad. It is, in the words of Pat Evans, the end of an era. Plus both my parents smoke, and whenever I go anywhere with them now I'll have to keep sitting on my own or go outside with them. But then, there's something having two smokers as parents that makes you a bit funny about smoking, I like the smell of it :o

My parents used to be smokers, but I never tempted to smoke.
I don't understand why some people regard smoking is cool.
When I was 11, my father lost one of his old friends, who happened to be one of my school friends' uncle, for lung cancer which eventually made him stop smoking.
Now he has difficulty with breathing and coughing all the time.
He's so far very lucky not suffering from cancer.

I really hated working in a company in Tokyo where smoking wasn't restricted. :(

I'm sorry Pierse. Have you misinterpreted or am I misinterpreting? I merely said smokers are in a minority and therefore I think we should stop picking on them so much and perhaps we should talk more about binge drinking and the current level of cocaine usage. A persecuted minority. Overall can I please say that smoke and drink are fine by me. I would like to live in a more tolerant society. Hope that clears things up a bit for you.

it does. my misinterpretation.

Well, I have just had my first experience of going to the pub and smoking outside. i was ok with it, as were most of the other smokers, but the non smokers were saying it felt funny!

Since I fell terribly bad by cigarette smoke I applaude that this ban has reached yet another county!

Well I for one applaud the ban :D

Anyone who applaudes any kind of ban is a fascist in my mind...

Sorry but this whole Political Correctness crap has been getting out of hand for a while now..... Bars and Nightclubs are made for drinking and smoking,i f someone doesn't want to inhale the smoke, than they should stay home.

It's kinda hypocritiacal that people complain about smoke when at the same time they are poisoning they're blood and kidneys with alcohol.

Anyone who applaudes any kind of ban is a fascist in my mind...

Sorry but this whole Political Correctness crap has been getting out of hand for a while now..... Bars and Nightclubs are made for drinking and smoking,i f someone doesn't want to inhale the smoke, than they should stay home.

It's kinda hypocritiacal that people complain about smoke when at the same time they are poisoning they're blood and kidneys with alcohol.

You sound like DAnn. I'm surprised you don't like him. :rolleyes:

It's not hypocritical to complain about smoke while you're drinking, unless you're complaining about your own smoking. Complaining about others smoking (i.e., second hand smoke) is like complaining about other people pouring liquor down your throat.

Bars and nightclubs are made for people to hang out together, and for most of them to drink while they're doing it. Many people like to smoke when they're drinking, and they can just do that in the outside areas. I liked the smoky atmosphere of pool halls and bars, but now I appreciate actually being able to breathe while I'm out.

You sound like DAnn. I'm surprised you don't like him. :rolleyes:

It's not hypocritical to complain about smoke while you're drinking, unless you're complaining about your own smoking. Complaining about others smoking (i.e., second hand smoke) is like complaining about other people pouring liquor down your throat.

Bars and nightclubs are made for people to hang out together, and for most of them to drink while they're doing it. Many people like to smoke when they're drinking, and they can just do that in the outside areas. I liked the smoky atmosphere of pool halls and bars, but now I appreciate actually being able to breathe while I'm out.

Acutally, I do like DAnn, I just like to go around discrediting him and making him look bad because he's incredibly smart and I've stolen some of his brilliant thoughts and ideas from him. :o

The government should have no saying about where people can or cannot smoke, it should be left up to the individual businesses (pubs, bars, nightclubs) to decide. If there's a high demand for non-smoking places, eventually the owners will make it smoke free on their own to maintain their business. LESS GOVERNMENT, MORE FREEDOM!! .....DAnn is a genius. :p

Back
Top Bottom