'Panic On The Streets' - New Book Released Today

Hi Phil

Well done for compliling yet another Morrissey guide book.

Quick question: What additions are there to the Manchester tour?

and if yes what are they? (dont tell me to buy the book!)

Last edited:
Hi Phil

Well done for compliling yet another Morrissey guide book.

Quick question: What additions ae there to the Manchester tour?

and if yes what or they? (dont tell me to buy the book!)

Ha ha, good point!;)

There are 5 new gig venues (Lowry, Bridgewater Hall, Opera House, Lancs Cricket Ground and MEN Arena - which was in the first book but on the basis that the gig was cancelled!)
Man United's ground is in there in relation to 'The Munich Air Disaster 1958' song, directing fans to the two memorials on the outside of the stadium.
I put in Davyhulme Hospital where Morrissey was born and also - as appendixes as you will actually be walking right past them - the Inland Revenue building where Morrissey worked, the college he attended (now North Trafford College) and The B&Q warehouse that used to be the Hard Rock venue. All of these three sites are right next to Lancs Cricket Ground and a short distance from his old house in Kings Road.

I have also deleted the Hard Rock Cafe out of the new book, because it just hadn't earned it yet, baby. The place should be shut down. There is more memorabilia in there relating to REO Speedwagon and Areosmith than The Smiths. Disgraceful. :mad:

Jukebox Jury

On Amazon they have the book being shipped beginning of Oct which I can't wait that long. Amazon UK site says it will be shipped in 4-6 weeks. Will it actually take that long to get.

On Amazon they have the book being shipped beginning of Oct which I can't wait that long. Amazon UK site says it will be shipped in 4-6 weeks. Will it actually take that long to get.

I've just checked the waterstones site, http://www.waterstones.com/watersto...by+phill&searchType=2&Image1.x=17&Image1.y=15
looks like either the sites aren't quite up to speed or the books aren't quite on the shelves yet.

If you want me to get you a copy & mail it to you, just gis the nod!

love

Grim

As with Grim, I'm happy to post it for you if you can paypal?
I shall be in the States next week (25th June) so can post it to you from there.
Same for anyone else who is interested.:)

Thanks

Jukebox Jury

Now you tell me.......
My 1981 Cup Final tickets are still framed on the wall.....
The mere mention of Ricky Villa sends me into fits of depression......:(

Jukebox Jury

It was a great goal though... And what about 3:2 in (or was it 4:2?) 1991 Fa Cup Quarter Final?? That was a game and a half!

And of course 3:4 last year....

We can discuss at this do of your's. However, given the territory the crowd might be on your side.

It was a great goal though... And what about 3:2 in (or was it 4:2?) 1991 Fa Cup Quarter Final?? That was a game and a half!

And of course 3:4 last year....

We can discuss at this do of your's. However, given the territory the crowd might be on your side.

Yes been some games down the years, the 4-2 in 93, the pitch invasion and of course the 3 down, 1 man down, 4-3 win. never to be forgotten!

Jukebox Jury

As with Grim, I'm happy to post it for you if you can paypal?
I shall be in the States next week (25th June) so can post it to you from there.
Same for anyone else who is interested.:)

Thanks

Jukebox Jury

That would so cool, thanks for the offer, you to Grim. I do want this book. You guys rock.

That would so cool, thanks for the offer, you to Grim. I do want this book. You guys rock.

no prob mate, happy to help. I'm sure (if you wanted it) you could get a signed by the author copy.

love

Grim

Got 10 tickets for the do!

Do we get free copies handed out there?

Ha Ha!

Stu

Ooops meant to post this on the events one!

Last edited:
Your going to send it right?

Yes, please pm me your address.
It's not on the shelves yet in Manchester so can't buy one. I was given 12 copies and sent them all out so not even got one myself yet!:eek:
As long as I can get a copy before Monday then will send it on arrival:)

Jukebox Jury

what a superb book this is, nevermind the content (which is excellent) just feel the quality!

Great work, well done to the author (is my cheque in the post?). :)

I'm off to buy a copy for the car, it'll sit nicely in the glove compartment & will provide grand service in whiling away those times when I'm sat waiting for loved ones to finish work or be picked up from school/cubs/fitba training etc etc!

love

Grim

***hump***

love

Grim
P.s. watch this space I've some fantastic news (tomorrow)

Did you win the lottery?

Peter

yes but let's just keep that one under our respective bonnets US. I was talking about ordering the book cheaply, see slightly above, but the 20% off only lasts until tomorrow at 12 o'clock (dinner time).

love

Grim

Hey Grim
Dont be telling everyone how they can get it cheaper....:mad:
affects my royalty rates:D

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom