Paris - Salle Pleyel (March 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Rebels Without Applause / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Without Music The World Dies (live debut) / Let Me Kiss You / The Bullfighter Dies / The Night Pop Dropped (live debut) / Istanbul / Trouble Loves Me / Half A Person / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of: @Like_Elvis_In_The_Movies, @Mozzer1980, Twitter, setlist.fm & FWD.

Last edited:
NEW SONG LIVE

Of all the new songs he has debuted from the 2 unreleased albums, this one hit me immediately & I really like it; I’m already repeating the guitar line & chorus in my head. Is it an Alain co-write? It sounds more his style than Jesse’s, to me.

Can’t wait to hear some more new tracks if they’re all as good as this.

🚬

Backdrop needing identification.

Screenshot_20230308-231011~3.png

My love...

Vicar in a tutu?
It's certainly got a rockabilly rhythm like 'Vicar' but I think that's where the similarity ends. Some great melodic guitar lines.
I normally hope for at least 5 brilliant songs (to me at least) at a Morrissey concert, and in that setlist there's 12 so I'd say it's a good one. The worse thing is that the horrible Telephone song is in there. Glad to see Our Frank still included.

KIss , Kiss , Kiss

Be careful !

it was really a good show, he was in fantastic mood, the setlist was surprisingly good, yeah crowd a bit boring, but that’s paris. i really like the new songs, i‘m so glad boz is finally gone. signed vinyl for 250? no thanks. just one bonus song in the end, that was pretty disappointing

By all means

Of all the new songs he has debuted from the 2 unreleased albums, this one hit me immediately & I really like it; I’m already repeating the guitar line & chorus in my head. Is it an Alain co-write? It sounds more his style than Jesse’s, to me.

Morrissey/Manzur

I love the second new song he played.
Very, very sexy.

I have bad news though. Housekeeping stole my bathrobe. This is gonna be bad. I can't speak french and I need my dressing gown. oh jesus.

Amazing rendition of Istanbul! So much better than any of the performances I've heard since the song was played live. Jesse never seemed to be able to mimic the solo and all the other guitar licks which to me are about 50% of the vibe of the song. Bloody fantastic!

Back
Top Bottom